• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [25X-NBOMe Subthread] Comparisons & General Discussion

That is what I like to hear about the 25I, increased analysis is a fucking beautiful thing. Nothing much to add to this as I have not tried anything more than C. Will update upon trial of others.

I've never felt like I understood the universe and inner workings of relationships, etc., so fully and completely as I did when taking 25i. It highlighted mental processes so much I felt as if I could literally travel along at a microscopic level with all the chemical messengers being fired between synapses. I really wanna take 25i with LSD. I imagine it not adding much of anything except a mind blowing visual element. I've combined it with MDMA, MXE, DXM, etizolam, and cannabis all with damned awesome results. God 25i just gets you where you wanna be with such ease...places I try to get so hard on LSD but never quite have.

The only thing I ever hate about is the vasoconstriction, can be a tad scary the days following high doses.

Anyone able to comment on some 25c and 25i comparisons? 25i would probably be my next move after 25c but if it carries more negative side effects I doubt I'd bother.
I would DEF try 25b BEFORE 25i !!! 25i is 5x the intensity of 25b and 25b is an extreme experience!

I tried 25D-NBOMe for the first time yesterday, I have it both in Hcl form and as blotters. I decided to take the blotters but I know the absorption rate with blotters is poor. Took 1½ 800ug blotters (1200ug) and they were surprisingly effective, but I can't say I enjoyed it very much. It was too speedy for me, my heart was pounding too fast, I still felt some discomfort in my heart when I woke up. Slightly trippy mindscape, brightening of colours and some introspective thoughts. Mentally it was a very friendly compund but physically it put a too hard strain on my heart. It felt much speedier than 25C-NBOMe, a compound I really like.
cyanoide. definitely let us know when you try the 25I. Your experience of the Methyl sounds similar to how i found the Iodine, so i'm curious how you will find it in comparison.

i find the methyl to be very similar to the chlorine but more mental depth, less visuals (although i have only dosed up to 800 ug). I liked the mental and visual from the iodine but the whole thing did feel too speedy and I couldn't relax or sit still (no cardiovascular issues noted at 1200 ug, however).

so far i also like the chlorine the best but it is also the one that i have dosed highest.

Has anyone tried any of the 'rarer' NBOMe's?

Does anyone on here have any experience with the less common NBOMe's such as 2C-TFM-NBOMe, 2CBCB-NBOMe, 2CBFLY-NBOMe?
Just any info at all on them, whether it be trip reports, technical data, dosage, anything :)
They just look interesting, also whats the deal with this 25I-NBMD. How does it differ from 25I-NBOMe?

I am also very much interested in these NBOMe's.
According to wikipedia, 25I-NBMD has a methylenedioxy-ring linking the second and third position of the characteristic benzenering attached to the phenethylamine. I am neither a chemist or a pharmacologist but I only recall the methylenedioxy-ring from the MDxx compounds, so perhaps it is more empathogenic than 25I-NBOMe? The dose is supposed to be around 1.0-2.5 mg according to the BL-thread, a few times lower than 25I-NBOMe.
The compounds you mentioned all seem to have high affinity for 5-HT2A-receptor, so they are probably pretty active. (see wikipedia for exact numbers) Handle these chemicals with caution; milligramscale + liquid measurement, start low, play safe.

It could be just as empathogenic as any 5-HT agonist psychedelic. The methylenedioxy moiety is not included to produce any effect in the way MDMA works. It's there to have a hydrogen bond acceptor at the 2 position in a certain more rigid conformation than in 'normal' NBOMe-phenethylamines. This is kind of like using a set of different lockpicks to find out the structure of the inside of the lock (speaking quite simplified, imagine the lock and the lockpicks being rather soft and deforming each other continuously).
Higher dose relative to 25I-NBOMe could indicate that it fits the lock not as good.

According to wikipedia, 25I-NBMD has a methylenedioxy-ring linking the second and third position of the characteristic benzenering attached to the phenethylamine. I am neither a chemist or a pharmacologist but I only recall the methylenedioxy-ring from the MDxx compounds, so perhaps it is more empathogenic than 25I-NBOMe?

As already mentioned, having a methylenedioxy ring is not responsible for the empathogenic effects of MDxx, as proven by similar compounds like 5-APB and 6-APB which have no such group and still exhibit similar effects.

The dose is supposed to be around 1.0-2.5 mg according to the BL-thread, a few times lower than 25I-NBOMe.

I'm not sure how that's a few times lower than 25I-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe shows activity with as little as 0.5mg, and many people enjoy the 1mg dose, with 2mg+ being quite strong for most people. "A few times lower" would suggest that people are commonly dosing 25I-NBOMe at 7.5mg+ which is definitely (thankfully) not the case. From existing reports and such it actually seems the opposite is true and that really this one isn't active until 1mg+ so is less potent than 25I-NBOMe, still an interesting one though.

FYI we have a Big & Dandy 25I-NBMD Thread :)

Thanks I didn't notice the 25I-NBMD thread cuse I probably misread it as 25I-NBOMe, I had a chance to get some NBMD but I chose the NBOMe over it as I had never tried any of this range of compounds and it seemed like a better starting point although they sounded similar, will definatley check that out. Again, im more interested in the even rare ones I mentioned and any others that exist? Would love a TR or something :)

I have yet to taste of 25C-NBOMe, but everything seems to indicate a top-notch psychedelic. I've read someone write that we are lucky, this is a very Special Time when it is possible to acquire this RC. Gaining more popularity? I don't even know how to begin quantifying that.

Basically, considering desirability of effect, stability of the compound and crystal-balling availability and 'the' current source of the 25C, is it worthwhile to get a life-time supply (like half a gram-or-so)? Will it be a compound that gives a worthwhile addition to a medicine-cabinet/psychedelic altar, that up 'till now holds 2C-E, 2C-T-4 and DOC?
I'd love to hear opinions about this.

As already mentioned, having a methylenedioxy ring is not responsible for the empathogenic effects of MDxx, as proven by similar compounds like 5-APB and 6-APB which have no such group and still exhibit similar effects.

Well it must count for something, since the methylenedioxy component is the difference between methamphetamine and MDMA. Additionally, although 6-APB and 5-APB don't have a methylenedioxy ring, the benzofuran ring makes the molecule a similar "shape".

Of course, when we are talking about the methylenedioxy moiety attatched to the benzene ring on the "n-benzyl" group of the 25I molecule, it's a different matter.

I'm not sure how that's a few times lower than 25I-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe shows activity with as little as 0.5mg, and many people enjoy the 1mg dose, with 2mg+ being quite strong for most people. "A few times lower" would suggest that people are commonly dosing 25I-NBOMe at 7.5mg+ which is definitely (thankfully) not the case. From existing reports and such it actually seems the opposite is true and that really this one isn't active until 1mg+ so is less potent than 25I-NBOMe, still an interesting one though.

FYI we have a Big & Dandy 25I-NBMD Thread :)

I think he was referring to the potency being a few times lower, but it was worded vaguely. Good to clarify anyway.

Well it must count for something, since the methylenedioxy component is the difference between methamphetamine and MDMA. Additionally, although 6-APB and 5-APB don't have a methylenedioxy ring, the benzofuran ring makes the molecule a similar "shape".

Of course, when we are talking about the methylenedioxy moiety attatched to the benzene ring on the "n-benzyl" group of the 25I molecule, it's a different matter.

Of course, I simply meant that it's not as simple as "Add an MD group to substance == empathy" ;)

Regarding rarer NBOMes, is there any reason why 25P-NBOMe and the like haven't been mentioned/looked at? It seems the NBOMes have a reverse order of potency so far compared to the 2Cs so it's possible that's the concern.

That and 25E-NBOMe was lucklustre. I'd expect 25P to be similar.

Would 2c-h-nbome be active?

It is reported to be horribly adrenergic-feeling by Erny. Since other NBOMe compounds have been found to exhibit typical side-effects like vasoconstriction (I definitely felt it with 25D-NBOMe) apparently there is some funky action going on here that is at best unpleasant and at worst dangerous up to potentially lethal. It seems 25H-NBOMe provided mostly this funky nasty pharmacological and experiential action without achieving a psychedelic level. Which means: not worthwhile, avoid.

The best psychedelics are those that have a great therapeutic index meaning psychedelic action starts at low doses and side-effects and dangerous effects start at much much higher doses (or are sometimes even virtually unheard of e.g. with LSD)

I have tried five different NBOMe's so far: 25c, 25b, 25i, 25n and 25d. I feel I need to push 25n further to really appreciate their effects. I will edit this post accordingly once I have done this.

I'm toying with a hypothesis that the alkylated NBOMe's (d, e & p) might differ from halogenated NBOMe's (c, b & i) in that they are significantly more introverted and insightful but less recreational and empathic. It seems that this might be true of the 2c series too although I have only tasted i, b, c and e. Sulgin's extended commentary in the PiHKAL entry for 2c-e might possibly back this up. I would want to have experienced 2c-d, 25e-NBOMe and possibly the propyl substitution of each series before being confident in this conclusion.

Although 25d has a deeply psychedelic nature, it doesn't display much of interest at lower dosage levels (Shulgin's discription of "pharmacological tofu" in his 2c-d PiHKAL entry springs to mind). This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The same can be said of a lowish dose (50-70µg) of LSD compared to a lowish dose (10-12mg) of 2c-b. I assume that the visuals kick in at higher doses because they certainly aren't present at 600-800µg intransally. It's strongly stimulating, emotionally benign similar to 2c-e but doesn't have the recreational "fireworks" of 2c-b or 25c-NBOMe.

Edit: I have now pushed 25d further and it turns out my high-dose hypothesis was correct. At 2-3µg it shines, substituting the fun and games of the halogenated NBOMe's for a more serious, insightful and psychologically useful state. It is also the most visual NBOMe experience I have had (WARNING: do not start with such a high dose - work your way up or chance serious consequences). I will be editing the dosage and activity details below to reflect my new findings.

25i definitely has similarities to 2c-i (good humour for instance) but lacks the gastrointestinal disturbances of the latter. There is a significant orgasmic body high with this material which makes it good for sex. Visuals are more acid-like in the sense that objects morph rather than getting covered in patterns. Overall, more interesting than 2c-i, like an improved version.

Edit: just took 25i with my girlfriend. It wasn't as sex enhancing as I expected. The tactile was really good but sustaining an erection over the course of a long period of foreplay was impossible. That certainly wasn't true on the one occasion I had sex on 2c-i!

25c - visuals are more mescaline-like than 25i with sparks of light and rainbows radiating from objects. The most entactogen-like emotional warmth out of all with the possible exception of 25n but also maybe less insightful than some of the others. Extremely good humoured. Feels very safe to push into high dosage realms. This one is the best of the three halogens for party fun.

25b is really visual and unlike other reports, I didn't get a touch of body load from it even though i did a pretty high dose. The visual effects seem to contain the best of both 25i and 25c with true OEV's and CEV's but I got very little insight from this compound. Bizarrely it is the only PEA I have ever taken where there was absolutely no jaw-clench. 25b dosage is somewhere between 25c and 25i. It doesn't feel as much like 2c-b as 25i feels like 2c-i. One thing that should be noted here is that some of the dosage recommendations knocking about online are suggesting taking double the appropriate dose. This is due to some vendor supplying a 50% pure product in the early days of the compound's availability. LINK TO TRIP REPORT

25n is a work in progress for me. I need to push it higher to see where it takes me. I found a little gastrointestinal load and nausea but nothing hard to handle at 450ug buccal. There was only minor jaw clench and a lovely skin feeling. It's probably more easy in terms of emotional communication than 25c but less loved-up. Maybe a good therapy drug or maybe good for sex? I will have to try. The energy seemed very relaxed and non pushy compared to the others, a bit like the cozy-up-in-bed thing of 2c-c. LINK TO TRIP REPORT

Most of the NBOMe's have very little mindfuck compared to LSD and psylocybin mushrooms. This is a good and bad thing. You could probably have tea with your grandma on these but for the same reason they can lack the psychedelic state where everything is infused with meaning. Upping dosage can obviously provide a (possibly partial, maybe full) remedy for this but I wouldn't suggest exceeding 4 times the starting dosages listed below as this is starting to approach seizure territory. 25d provides more of this "psychedelic ideation" than the others but in a non-mindfucky way - in fact it might be described as my personal holy grail as far as psychedelics go; infused with meaning yet low risk of anxiety, confusion and paranoia. In my experience, these aspects usually come as a package (IE. the more meaningful experiences the compound produces, the higher it's risk of providing a bad trip).

Starting dosages for each compound. Use these to judge the relative dosage levels between compounds (IE. if you know that 1mg 25i-NBOMe is the sweet spot for you, divide 1000 by 600 and then multiply the result by 350 to find the suggested dosage for 25c-NBOMe):

25b - 500µg
25n - 500µg
25c - 350µg
25d - 950µg
25i - 600µg

Below is a subjective ranking of the sampled compounds based on some arbitry categories. (Note that these opinions are really personal and subject to change as I continue my NBOMe research):

Psychedelic ideation 25d > 25b > 25i > 25c > 25n
Visual activity 25d (high dose) > 25b > 25c > 25i > 25d (low dose) > 25n
Worthwhile at low dosages 25n => 25c > 25i > 25d (I have only taken a high dose of 25b)
Tactile stimulation 25n? > 25i > 25c > 25b > 25d
Mood enhancement 25c > 25n > 25i > 25b > 25d
Euphoria 25c > 25d (high dose) > 25b > 25i > 25n? > 25d (low dose)
body load 25n? >25d (in terms of stimulation but not GI) > 25i > 25c > 25b
Duration of action 25b > 25n > 25i > 25c > 25d

(the above was edited to in light of new findings)

Last edited:
I would agree with the above insights regarding 25C-nbome and 25I-nbome.

25b - very visual, dosage is LESS than with 25i (dont know where the 1-5mg TRs are coming from, but that is FAR above the active range). 600-900ug is a moderate dose. bodyload is similar to 2C-X, and visuals are most similar to 2C-E if i had to compare

25c - cant extend much on whats written above, very subtle visuals, patterning in surfaces such as grass or cloud, mood and energy lift. NO BODY LOAD whatsoever was detected.

25i - reminded strongly of 2C-I. lots of sparkle and tracers, energy buzz through the body. feels like an improved 2ci in many ways such as bodyload and the "confusion" being reduced.

25C is the best "acid-replacement" of the three in my opinion