• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013/2014 NCAA College Basketball Thread--The Road to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Kansas keeps on slipping and Frank Haith is coaching up a storm in CoMo. That won over UCLA was nice yesterday.
How long of a winning streak do we need to crack the top 25.

this saturday is gonna be filled with good games

AZ/Mich 1pm CBS (who do I like in that one? child please)

Kentucky/UNC 5:15pm ESPN (like UNC in that one)

Illinois/Oregon 9pm ESPN2 (calling an Ore blowout tbh, first game im gonna get to watch live)

and December 21st look out for the COLORADO BUFFALOES taking out the Ok St Cowboys

oregon shoots .611 from 3 pt land and still gets taken to OT by Ole Miss. Looking like a Mike D'Antoni defense right now.

kind of bummed Artis is still gonna be out for this Illinois game but I guess keepin it real just went wrong. should be back for the BYU game which is good because mormons actually tend to be pretty good at basketball.

oregon will be a top 10 team by christmas time

Those young kids from Kansas make me wonder if they'll even win the big 12. Okie state has game.

I doubt KU is gonna "backdoor a Natty" as you would say or anything, but I could see them winning the big 12 tournament

too early to tell whos gonna do what, but Kansas will be a markedly better team come tournament time. They got Elite 8 written all over them, but I also say that about a lot of teams. Youd think there were 20 teams in it with the "elite 8 potential" I throw around lol.

and just to fabricate some form of interest in the regular season, picking these teams to win the conference and the team in parentheses to win the conference tournament

American: Louisville (Cincinnati)

Atlantic-10: UMass (VCU)

ACC: Syracuse (Duke)

Big 12: Baylor (Ok St)

Big East: Villanova (Marquette)

Big 10: Michigan St (Minnesota)

Mountain West: San Diego St (San Diego St)

Pac 12: Arizona (Oregon)

SEC: Missouri (Kentucky)

West Coast: Gonzaga (Gonzaga)

Awesome arizona v. michigan game. Arizonas lucky they got out of there with the W.

man I hate Dicky V and dont mind him at the same time. Its not like a Joe Buck kind of hate where the guy is a legit douchebag, Dicky V just gets a little TOO into college basketball sometimes and that can become onboxious too. not to mention hes all about those 3 word semtences that just reiterate 2-3 key only points he is trying to make. throw around "these kids" a couple times and you are all set. say he was mentioning how all thise teams I picked won so far. hed get on tv and just be like

"shimazu! 3-0 baby, THREE... AND.... OHHHHH. You gotta love this time of year these kids give it their all and you never know what youre gonna see night in and night out from these kids! donate jimmy v. Jabari Parker just tied his shoes ladies and gentleman that kid's got NBA shoe tying ability look at the rabbit ears on those things my god these kids! THREE AND OHHH BABYYYY

Randle looked like it was his first college game v UNC. Love how Cauley-Stein is playing just need everyone to play on the same page.

Did any non UK fans watch this game? Do any of you agree the refs were fuckey (more than usual) or am I just being biased?

I watched bits and pieces of it, dont remember any overly bad calls although I dont tend to remember stuff like that in a game I have no rooting interest in. Not like predicted rooting interest, like that pit of your stomach feel you get from a team you truly are a fan of. Last time I felt that for real in college basketball was when Temple played Indiana last year in the tourney but it was actually in reverse since I had Indiana winning the game. I didnt know wtf to think during that game lol

The thing that gets me...leave in all the questionable calls...just take out one or two of the completely wrong calls and badabing bada boom momentum-shift-city. Those two posessions we were behind at the end might have been made up. Oh well.

damn the Pac 12 is looking real husky this year. like I knew they were gonna be good but theyre just GOOD more or less top to bottom.

just for my own clarification here im rolling with these teams this year: Oregon, Colorado, Cincinatti(since my momma had me. hahwtf why am I a bearcats fan?), Syracuse

lets do it rangers

The thing that gets me...leave in all the questionable calls...just take out one or two of the completely wrong calls and badabing bada boom momentum-shift-city. Those two posessions we were behind at the end might have been made up. Oh well.
I didnt really consider this about the officiating but I can look back now and make a reasonable suggestion that all those fouls made UK play D more tentatively and allow UNC to carve them up in their 2nd half runs. But the bigger problem was not establishing Randle in the post early on. Both Harrisons were on for most of the game (except for the foul trouble in the closing minutes of the 1st half) but Randle was relegated to a spectator and did not get in to the flow of the game at any point. Thus why he looked lost and frustrated which resulted in his bad fouls and poor offensive decisions. This resulted in McAdoo looking like a special D1 All American and Randle looking like a walk on.

I love how Michigan is under the radar.. Even more than last year

Trust me though Michigan is the last team anyone wants to play when the tourney starts. They are capable of beating any team, no doubt about it

holy shit, I'm guessing ya'll have seen this epic meltdown by the Southern Illinois basketyball coach!

I know I haven't been quite as active as I normally am in this thread, but I am watching dat college roundball whenever I get a chance. thankfully, Ohio State looks pretty solid at this point of the year, which is a bit shocking to me as I thought that this was going to be a down year - well thanks to heaps of new talent, such does not seem to be the case

fwiw - I thought last year would also be a down year for the Buckeyes LOL

I had Southern Illinois in the sweet sixteen in 07 (the first year I entered a pool) and remeber picking them because I like the nickname "Salukis"

won the whole thing the next year with Kanas who I partially chose because they had beaten S Illinois the year prior

makes me kind of sad to see the program in dissarray but Temple is pretty sketchy this year too so I cant have too much feels for a team halfway across the country

OREGON going to the final four callin come at me bro quack QUACK QUACK QUACK

lol im such a hypocrite, i could drive to illinois and back before I even saw an oregon license plate