• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013/2014 NCAA College Basketball Thread--The Road to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
2013/2014 NCAA College Basketball Thread

So anyone getting excited about the first games of the year coming up? Whats your thoughts on your team this year and who do you think the dominant conferences will be?

Last edited:
college basketball is my favorite sport to watch to be honest

no idea who im gonna follow this year, have to see some games first

The Wildcats will return to form this season. If not, I'm sure Calipari will be looking for a new fanbase to piss off.

Kentucky is good every year. And get pretty much the highest rated players coming out of HS every year. Unless you're from Kentucky or attended the university I honestly can't take you serious as a fan

^ lol.....you obviously have blinders on during CBB season. I'm pretty much the only UK fan on here and last year sucked as a lifelong fan from the state of Kentucky. You Michigan fans lose in a title game and its, "Aw shucks, we'll be back again next year I hope." UK fans want blood when they cant even win the SEC tournament. So imagine what it is like when they lose in the SEC tournament early then dont make it to the NCAA tourney? And then just think what it was like watching your team getting smacked down by Robert Morris in the NIT! *SHUDDERS* Yeah, dont ever question a true Kentucky fan. We expect titles not appearances.

Nope my blinders were definitely not on. You're from Kentucky so you being a fan I have no problem with.

I just don't like people that are thousands of miles away from the state of the school and only like them because they have a shot to win the national championship every year. I actually hate Duke fans even more tbh

Kentucky is good every year. And get pretty much the highest rated players coming out of HS every year. Unless you're from Kentucky or attended the university I honestly can't take you serious as a fan

Im a lifelong fan, born and raised in central KY. I pass.

Nope my blinders were definitely not on. You're from Kentucky so you being a fan I have no problem with.

I just don't like people that are thousands of miles away from the state of the school and only like them because they have a shot to win the national championship every year. I actually hate Duke fans even more tbh

Duke and their fans are to be hated. Always.

Pac-12 is looking pretty good this year, I think Dominic Artis is gonna have a big year for Oregon. Kid has really nice handles, see's the floor really well, but I don't think he will translate well to the next level tbh. Great college player, probably not even a pro prospect. He's not quite quick enough to justify his smaller height (funny how you say that about someone who is 6'1), but in college its not as noticeable. If he can knock down 3's consistently though, definitely one of the best PGs in the nation.

really can't wait for this season to start though

:D

I just want to chime in and say I hope my Buckeyes are good again! they really exceeded all expectations, last year, as it was supposed to be a down year...

GO BUCKS - MICHIGAN SUCKS!!

OSU has a habit lately of producing great college players and mediocre NBA players

and I still hate Evan Turner's face and just whole persona tbh

College Hoops is pretty big around here though, bigger than college football. Temple doesnt even have to go far to recruit, maybe a few blocks at the most.

my Jayhawks look ok this year, Winless for Wiggins and all that with my NBA team

lol, "my Jayhawks"

no relation to Kansas whatsoever except they are always deep in my bracket for better or worse.

always like the Cincinatti Bearcats as well

thats about it for my random allegiances

yeah I agree - we aren't that good at churning out NBA-type players, but really look at the style of hoops play in the Big Ten, should it be good in the NBA? naw, it's all defensive n shit (yes I know the Spurs just went to the Finals this year)...

but hey - we got, or had, LeBron James. he's still always claiming Ohio. and I have a feeling that Carpet Bagger will be back in a Cleveland Cavs jersey before his NBA time is up

Big 10 turns out players, just not OSU. Sullinger probably wouldn't have been overly good even without his injury, just isn't really long or strong enough. And he aint a finesse player so its like

what would you say......you do here?

3 of the top 10 picks in the draft this year were from the Big 10

Still, it will be hard to duplicate what the Big East did over the past decade or so. When your conference tourney is a bigger display of talent than most of the Ncaa tournament you know your conference is legit

yeah the Big East has been damn solid since like 2000 bro. I don't really care about how Buckeyes do in the NBA - I just want them to be good, man!

and ever since Coach Thad Matta, the Buckeyes have been pretty damn good. which is hard because football overshadows everything in Ohio

Michigan St. ranked #2
Michigan ranked #9
Ohio St. ranked #10
Wisconsin ranked #21
Norte Dame ranked #22
Indiana ranked #24

Lol they have Syracuse, Florida, and Kansas ranked higher than Michigan

Beat all three of those teams in the tourney last year

Big Ten is going to be dominate again this season

Randomly watched some replays of the Midnight Madness for several schools over the weekend. Got me excited for CBB and for the this year's Wildcats. They get tested early too with a game against MSU on Nov 12 and then Providence on Dec 1 & Baylor (in Cowboys Stadium) on Dec 6. Then they get UNC on Dec 14 at Chapel Hill. MSU has a good chance to beat them (always tough to beat Izzo) and so does UNC since it is on their floor. I'll be happy if they have 2 or less losses before playing L-ville at the end of December. Hopefully they lose to MSU or UNC and not both (if they lose any I mean).

i forgot about NCAABB

i don't know what to expect from gophers
i had big time expectations last year, cause of familiar faces

now have no idea what to expect, i don't 'do' off-season reading

i'm just happy as fuck that they finally get to play vs syracuse, first time in long time.... in maui invite
this is significant in my blood, brother is life long orangefag, often recognized as top 25 gerry mcnamera ass kiss

little dick pitino - lane kiffin of NCAA bb? or more like a john thompson III?

hollins/hollins for '13-'14 big ten homecoming king/queen
dre hollins will be at least 2nd team big ten, austin is more likely to be queen - you'd definitely still dance with him

watch out for IOWA
gross.

Last edited:
How about university of Hawaii, I'm watching their game against lbsu, and look great.. Dunno bout stats though

When is midnight madness? Should be Friday right?
Even though I'm a Mizzou guy I'm rooting for Georgetown, Nova, and 'Cuse to go far.
I don't like Frank Haith, his 3-4 guard sets make me so fucking angry.

Here's your AP preseason Top 25: (first place votes in parentheses)

1. Kentucky (27)
uk_wildcats300x180.jpg
2. Michigan State (22)
3. Louisville (14)
4. Duke (2)
5. Kansas
6. Arizona
7. Michigan
8. Oklahome State (tie)
8. Syracuse (tie)
10. Florida
11. Ohio State