• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread v. The Suck of the Irish

axl I know youre probably already bummed and all so im just gonna pile on here and say I got FSU winning the natl championship but its gonna be a close game.

but im sure the Capital One bowl will be entertaining

#OSUgreatness

you dumb, we're going to a BCS bowl

the combination of our record plus the allure of all the cash that the well-traveling Buckeyes fans will have in their hands almost always lends tOSU to BCS bowl game

honestly I'm glad my team lost. if MSU's no-name QB could do that to our secondary I truly fear what Jameis Winston could do to ours

I want to see alabama vs ohio state in one of the bcs bowls.

Lol^

On a side not tOSU is terrible and deserves to go to a toilet bowl. What really sucks for tOSU is with this being the last year of BCS bias I do not foresee them going to a NCG in a very long time unless they start playing the SEC in their OOC schedule to prepare them for a post season play.

Lol^

On a side not tOSU is terrible and deserves to go to a toilet bowl. What really sucks for tOSU is with this being the last year of BCS bias I do not foresee them going to a NCG in a very long time unless they start playing the SEC in their OOC schedule to prepare them for a post season play.

They don't need to play SEC teams, just someone worth a shit from PAC 10, big 12, etc. shit, play fucking Louisville or UCF, someone with a relatively respected name. Their out of conference schedule is just pathetic. But then again, so is alabamas

I wouldnt type any of this stuff if I didnt want to have it for future reference really

when I made that post right after I had forgotten the big ten now had a championship game and completely forgot about MSU tbh.

Unless FSU has players suspended for "alleged" reasons in the time between now and the actual championship game (so in modern times, like a whole fucking month), I think theyre gonna take it this year. And im not even talking about Jameis Winston just like any of the other countless ex-cons they recruit down there

Schools like FSU and Florida do not recruit criminals. This is an unfair and false generalization that has been made against these schools for over a decade since Miami got out of the so-called "recruiting cons" game.

None of these kids become cons/criminals until they get to Florida or FSU.

unconfirmed reports coming in the wazoo that Nick Saban will be taking the Texas job...

unconfirmed reports coming in the wazoo that Nick Saban will be taking the Texas job...

He's just trying to squeeze even more money out of Alabama. Dude is a relentless, greedy sociopath, but he is probably the best at his job in the nation, so we tolerate it as a society. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities besides being a hell of a football coach.

Although to be fair, Urban Meyer is way sleazier. It's sad to me that two of the top 5 (and arguably the top 2) coaches in college football are such shit human beings.

He's just trying to squeeze even more money out of Alabama. Dude is a relentless, greedy sociopath, but he is probably the best at his job in the nation, so we tolerate it as a society. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities besides being a hell of a football coach.

Although to be fair, Urban Meyer is way sleazier. It's sad to me that two of the top 5 (and arguably the top 2) coaches in college football are such shit human beings.

I hope your right. Word around town is he is in Austin negotiating right now.

It is true NIck Saban and Urban Meyer are two of the sleaziest coaches of all time but they are good at what they do. Well except for Urban since his health scare. I will say Id rank John Calipari right up there with them.

Saban isn't going to Texas, but it's fun to watch bammer nation melt their tits off about it. Fuck bammer, I can't wait until they suck again, which will be soon.

If saban stays the sucking will have to wait a few years.

... someone with a relatively respected name. Their out of conference schedule is just pathetic. But then again, so is alabamas

although I will admit tOSU's OOC schedule has been lacking lately (not for not trying on their part), a big misconception of the Buckeyes is that they have never played anybody OOC in the past, and aren't going to play anybody OOC in the future

the two best OOC home-and-home games tOSU played last decade were two games against Texas and two games and USCw

and here is a yearly look at tOSU's future OOC schedule, anticipated teams only:

2014: Navy @ Baltimore (only anticipated cuz it's at a neutral site) and Virginia Tech

2015: @ Virginia Tech

2016: @ Oklahoma

2017: Oklahoma, @ North Carolina (interesting)

2018: @ TCU, North Carolina

2019: TCU

2020: @ Oregon, Boston College (interesting again)

2021: Oregon, @ BC

2022: @ Texas

2023: Texas

that's a pretty damn impressive list, IMO