• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

I'm watching college basketball today for the first time ever. I still can't understand why people seem to get more excited about amateur basketball than pro basketball, but I definitely can get excited about what UM is doing this year.

Michigan is incredible.. There are so many times during the game they have 4 freshman on the court with Trey Burke who is only a sophmore

Idk if anyone is watching the Michigan/Indiana game right now but it's by far the best game I've watched all season. Michigan down 20-7 after the first five minutes. They have come back now only down by 4 points.

Yeah I have to admit Zeller is a fucking animal and he runs the floor better than any big man in the game. He reminds me of a younger version of Dirk Nowitzki a lot.

And goddamn Oladipo is insane. One of the most athletic players I have ever seen. Burke, Oladipo, Hardaway, Zeller could all go first round in the NBA draft.

Overall though I enjoyed watching that game and I think Michigan proved they are capable of beating Indiana in the rematch.

This is how the ranks should be imo

Indiana
Florida
Michigan
Kansas

Florida butt raped by Arkansas.
Michigan squeaks one out in a great game versus OSU.
The Big 10 is fucking sick as shit.
The SEC is fucking horrible as shit.

Very tough conference? lol. Not to mention there schedule is extremely weak.. I'll admit they have TWO good wins this year against Michigan St. and Duke..

But also have losses to Florida Gulf Coast and Indiana St. hahaha. Not to mention Arizona almost beat them by 20 points.. Idk I'm expecting them outside of the top 15 by the end of the season.

I have to contend this post again, little as I know about college basketball.

Miami's strength of schedule is #1 in the nation according to some major computer ranking I heard on ESPN.

This team is legit good, every time I watch them I am more and more convinced of this fact. It's mindblowing to me that Miami basketball is better than Miami football.

I predict at the very least, Sweet 16. From there, the teams are close enough in talent that more than a little luck is involved, and I'm not convinced that Miami is so dominant as to be consistently better than the other top 10 teams in the country. While I think it would be possible to hang with them, Miami would be in serious trouble if they got matched up against a team like Indiana or Michigan. I think Miami is pretty solidly in the top 10, however, and I don't see how anyone could doubt that at this point.

It's just that, as we know, there is usually a pretty big gap between the top 2-3 teams in the nation and the remaining 7-8 in the top 10. Sometimes there is a monstrous gap between #1 and everybody else. Doesn't mean that the other 7-8 aren't legitimately good relative to the other couple hundred teams in CBB.

Miami is legit. They have a bunch of seniors on that team, and I think sweet 16 is a pretty solid prediction. possibly even elite 8.

Miami is legit. They have a bunch of seniors on that team, and I think sweet 16 is a pretty solid prediction. possibly even elite 8.

I think Final 4 would be a mostly legit prediction as well. I'm predicting Sweet 16 due to how closely matched the teams are at that point. I would say past that, maybe a 50% chance of going to the Elite 8, but I'm trying not to be too much of a homer over here for once. Sweet 16 would be the floor of the season, with the Final 4 being the (unlikely) ceiling.

My hope is that Larranega sticks around and turns Miami into a perennial tournament team.

Im starting to think UK might make it into the tournament... better than nothing. Next we have Auburn which who we already beat by nearly 20 points last time. Then Florida which I think is promising for us. Looking good.

a lot of good college BBall on today Im watching Minnesota/Indiana right now we'll see if China Cryders team is as good as advertised

Hoosiers went on a 17-3 run as soon as I turned it on, theyre a pretty good team as long as that African guy can keep making shots

And goddamn Oladipo is insane. One of the most athletic players I have ever seen.

yeah I just didnt feel like looking up his name but thats who I was talking about lol

Oregon's dropped three straight I heard one more loss and Arsalan Kazemi gets executed

also its about the time of the year where this fuck comes out of hiding to collect his paycheck

lunardi.jpg

^ my man you just jealous he already knows the entire field for the '16 ncaa tournament

gophers have slowed down, not very suprised or really even that frustrated, i was excited as fuck during their hot stretch but all along deep down inside i knew they were over rated based on where the media had them ranked, even at #18 currently, they still are

with a little faith and enough air fist pumps directed towards jesus, they'll get in as a 6 seed or lower

yeah ok dude you were ready to crown them number one before the Michigan game

Ive seen them play a little, mostly against Indiana albeit, but they dont really have anyone who can distribute the ball good, just a bunch of athletic highlight players. Not to mention when that dude you hyped up cost them a game when he missed that second free throw

their turn over differential in the big ten, has got to be close to -40

going into the year the bench looked promising

i'll promise you this, when all 5 players on the court are subs, here's a list of only possible outcomes:
a. immediate turn over
b.turn over after making 8 passes
c.make 8 passes, let shot clock get down 3 seconds and either turn it over or throw up a low percentage FG and miss badly
d. just let the shot clock run down and take a violation

i'm usually cool with d

they've been underachieving hardcore in conference play

luckily in the NCAA tourny they don't have to play other big ten schools and should be due for a run

yeah ok dude you were ready to crown them number one before the Michigan game
i'm pretty sure changing your attitude or expectations as the season progresses is a widely acceptable principle of fandom

Last edited:
wow a Notre Dame fan made one of the ESPN fan signs and it went

PEyton
Siva
Plays
Not good

held by some asian faggot, I figured theyd come up with something smarter sounding than that

i have no idea what kind of guy he is but there's i've never seen a coach that looked like the ultimate self righteous slimeball more than notre dame's coach

they still have the same guy? right...

i wish i lived within 2 hours if a good ncaa bball team, a team that sells out every game and has a rowdy crowd, i want to goto a game like that so fucking bad, when the crowd gets loud and crazy i get hardcore goosebumps, even if it the philles coming back down 5 in the bottom if the 9th vs the pirates years ago, pirates lost, whatever,but god damn that energy was awesome

pretty much just jealous as fuck arci lives so close to william's arena, i would be a career season ticket holder

I wanna go to GA tech game this year, mainly just to see the new stadium. They suck and the place is filled with zit faced dweebs

i was a week away from being able to see derrick favors

not that i even knew who he was at the time...