• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

Im going to have a fuckin stroke if I have to keep watching these idiot refs ruining games.

blaming officiating is by far the worst take in all sports, it's a lame ass cop out

mainly cause 99% of the time the team that shows up is going to win

and with bad calls it's give and take, and if you're someone that can never see that your team gets generous calls than you should not bitch about the refs

gophers have somewhat of a road test tonight at northwestern. already beat them by 18 earlier in the year. thanks to like 5 three pointers in 3 minutes or so in the 2nd half by austin hollins, i'm a little nervous cause northwestern has been playing pretty well lately

actually no i'm not nervous, NW scored 13 first half points in the last meeting with minnesota lol

If you look down at the ticker on ESPN, you would swear it was football season.

Miami 42

Duke 19

What the fuck is going on? I nail my calculus test today after making it to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks, the NCAA case against Miami falls apart in such epic fashion that Miami is vindicated, and the NCAA will be unable to punish us, and Miami is on pace to defeat Duke in a STATEMENT game, playing with the (supposed) #1 team in the country like they are a high school girls team.

[video]If you look down at the ticker on ESPN, you would swear it was football season. Miami 42 Duke 19 What the fuck is going on? I nail my calculus test today after making it to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks, the NCAA case against Miami falls apart in such epic fashion that Miami is vindicated, and the NCAA will be unable to punish us, and Miami is on pace to defeat Duke in a STATEMENT game, playing with the (supposed) #1 team in the country like they are a high school girls team.

Hahahhahaah fuck you Duke.

Michigan on up to #1. Feels good.

Would I be going out on too far of a limb to say that Miami may well be the best team in college basketball?

That is some shit I never thought I would be able to say, even as the most unapologetic homer in all of Bluelights.

^ i know their RPI has been top 10 most of the season, looking good buddy

anddddd, gophers lose at NW tonight in front of maybe 2,500 current and ex-book smart rejects

90% sure tubby smith was drunk on box wine,letting minnesota's only good outside shooter foul out with 11+ minutes to go

the rest of the team shot as good as right handed JV players shooting with their left hand

shots hitting nothing but backboard multiple times, that's worse than an air ball....and i only watched the 2nd half

i've taken only .5mg kpin for a week straight now in effort to taper off, just took 2.5mg to pass out

good night

Lol noooo Miami is not even top 5. Just showed how shitty Duke is

Lol noooo Miami is not even top 5. Just showed how shitty Duke is

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this just because Miami blew out the #1 team in the country. That happens occasionally. I'm saying this because Miami has looked like a truly great team all year, and has been consistently beating teams in a very tough conference, not just by getting lucky and going on nice streaks, but by out rebounding them, by getting more turnovers than them, by shooting more consistently than them, by getting to the paint more than them, and ostensibly by out-talenting them.

I think you have to see this Miami team in action for a couple of games to realize that this team is actually really good, and very much unlike previous tournament contending teams they have had in the past, where they live and die by some three pointers here and there, get a big lead, and hold on for dear life as the better team slowly chips away at the lead. This Miami team manages to not only gain big leads against huge foes, but they manage to look consistently dominant over the course of entire games against historically powerhouse programs.

Very tough conference? lol. Not to mention there schedule is extremely weak.. I'll admit they have TWO good wins this year against Michigan St. and Duke..

But also have losses to Florida Gulf Coast and Indiana St. hahaha. Not to mention Arizona almost beat them by 20 points.. Idk I'm expecting them outside of the top 15 by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Oregon yo

not so much as a top 5 team, I just said that a while ago and have to stick with my guns

Very tough conference? lol. Not to mention there schedule is extremely weak.. I'll admit they have TWO good wins this year against Michigan St. and Duke..

But also have losses to Florida Gulf Coast and Indiana St. hahaha. Not to mention Arizona almost beat them by 20 points.. Idk I'm expecting them outside of the top 15 by the end of the season.

Yeah, the loss to the Divsion II whoeverthefuck is most definitely an embarrassment, but UM was also lacking at least one major contributor and starter at that time due to the Nevin Shapiro bullshit (no allegations against this player have been corroborated). They were, at the very least, missing their second best player, on a team that appears dominant based on having full grown seniors in the lineup and great coaching. Not that it excuses that loss, but for the sake of team by team comparison, missing your second best player and top scorer can go a long way towards explaining a loss.

We have also been winning in spite of being without our best player, future late round NBA draft pick Reggie Johnson, who was able to play limited minutes last night for the first time since he fractured his thumb.

I'm not saying all this just because we beat Duke, or even just because we beat Duke and Michigan State. I'm saying this because throughout this season, particularly in these last couple of weeks, we have been winning based on dominating the boards, controlling the paint, and playing incredible defense. I have watched quite a few UM teams upset ostensibly superior foes due to a combination of lights out shooting from beyond the arc and catching a good team on a cold streak, but I have never seen a UM team win based off superior size and athletic ability.

That said, I don't follow college basket ball the way I follow college football. I have a relatively decent idea of certain matchups simply based on knowledge of a certain team and how it applies to a particular matchup, i.e. a supposedly elite offensive team with significantly undersized defensive linemen will not be able to stand up to a top flight SEC program in a championship game (think Oregon-Alabama). I wasn't aware that the ACC was considered weak in basketball too. I've always heard that they were one of the two real power conferences, along with the Big 10?

I really don't know enough to say definitively whether or not Miami is a top xx team, but they seem to pass the eye and computer tests well enough.

they are going to be like Florida State has been for the past couple years most likely

a 4-5 seed that a lot of people pick to get to the Sweet16/Elite8 but wind up losing in the 2nd round

they are going to be like Florida State has been for the past couple years most likely

a 4-5 seed that a lot of people pick to get to the Sweet16/Elite8 but wind up losing in the 2nd round

That's the nature of any single elimination playoff system. Doesn't necessarily say anything about the level of talent on a particular team, it either says how well a team can do in a high pressure game, or it says an otherwise more talented team had trouble with a particular match up or ingenuitive coaching strategy/gimmick on a given night.

blaming officiating is by far the worst take in all sports, it's a lame ass cop out

mainly cause 99% of the time the team that shows up is going to win

and with bad calls it's give and take, and if you're someone that can never see that your team gets generous calls than you should not bitch about the refs

Actually no, Ive seen far too many games lately where 2 or 3 calls were no just questionable but completely bogus from about 4 different angles. When both teams are somewhat evenly matched, you think 2 or 3 possessions to one team when they should have went to the other is no big deal? Thats potentially giving one team the opportunity to score 6-9 points at the same time taking away that same chance from the team who should have gotten it in the first place. Not to mention momentum. Then with 15 seconds to go it comes down to 3 or 4 points separating the two... and those possessions dont matter? At the end of the day I can live with my teams shortcomings, but no fan of any team should have to watch this pathetic incompetent officiating night after night and wonder if its going to cost them the game. And to be honest its the worst in the SEC than anywhere else.

are any of ya'll following wigger neck down at ole miss? he's a bad ass, but i hate his fucking guts. he got his shit stuffed in by kentucky last night.

in other news, tennessee is on a 2 game win streak against bama and vandy.

and i'm looking forward to the indiana/michigan game this weekend.

here is wigger neck. my favorite part is the black guy smiling.

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

ahahahha i love it ^

it's good for sports

lol at the guys talking shit in the crowd too, they all look like pussies

there is so much awesome in that gif that it's not even funny.
i also like the fat bearded old guy down on the left just enjoying the shit out of the whole situation.
he looks stoned as fuck.