• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2004 Mushroom season( Victoria)

Just hearing about this wonderful magical fungus that grows in our environment and thinking about how the planet is steadly getting warmer and warmer each year, Shrooms might be one of the first to go. :(
Oh well, As long as the air conditioning is working on our suburban 4WD's it can't be too bad. :\

Oh yeah, Shrooms, It is starting to get cold around Sydney too, next big rain we get should bring a big bunch out with some luck.

I still haven't managed to munch through last seasons pickings. It would be nice to get some fresh ones for the visuals though. This rain should be doing wonders. I predict we should start seeing the first ones either this week or next...

PS: where did the mushroom message icon go???

Just went for a wander and look what Psychadelic_Paisly and I found =D

Pic 1

Pic 2

[Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.. ive done heaps of research and am ready to go on my first hunt tommorow.. let me see if i got this all straight.. it says everywhere that psubs grow in mulch and bark.. mulch and bark that someone has put down or naturally occuring mulch and bark in the middle of the bush? do these mushrooms grow in manmade parks , playgrounds or do you have to venture into the bush?

Originally posted by endlesseulogy
ok.. ive done heaps of research and am ready to go on my first hunt tommorow.. let me see if i got this all straight.. it says everywhere that psubs grow in mulch and bark.. mulch and bark that someone has put down or naturally occuring mulch and bark in the middle of the bush? do these mushrooms grow in manmade parks , playgrounds or do you have to venture into the bush?

They grow where ever the conditions are right for them, which can include parks, forests, sides of roads, golf courses etc..

to view the pics copy these URLs and paste them in your browser as shroomery does not allow direct links:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-17/287497096-Small1.jpg
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-17/287526569-Small2.jpg

or read the shroomery thread.

Last edited:
mongman, you can make a link from the gallery on the post to make it a little easier.
But i used to have problems with creating images as well. Actually right click on the image and go to its properties and copy its link info from there... actually, on the apple i'm not sure....
*EDIT* Let's give this a bash....
42274Small2-med.jpg

42274Small1-med.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh... wierd sorry about that guys - I thought the links were working fine, the images must've been cached in memory for me.

BigTrancer :)

^^^Psychadelic_Paisly that pic. above looks extremely familiar. A hunting I will go!
=D

i went on my first mushroom hunt today.. found a few shrooms that looked similar to P.subs.. but on closer inspection they wernt.. i realised these mushrooms are tiny and u gotta get very close to the ground and scan because they are easy to miss.. i found alot of those amanita shrooms.. the red ones with the white dots.. what is the deal with them? some say they are good some say they are poison.. are you able to find p.subs anywhere in south-eastern suburban melbourne or do you have to venture further out?

endlesseulogy: the amanita mushroom was used by siberians to make "soma" (food of the gods). It contains no psilocin or psilocibin so is not strictly a "hallucinogenic" mushroom. It does however cause delussions and euphoria. It can be dangerous to consume and has look alikes the will kill you dead. (compared to some mushrooms that can just make some of your organs give up the ghost)

Heyas. I went for a hunt today and found these
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-18/296281342-P1010080.jpg
Still a little small to tell what they were, but will go back in a few days once there bigger and take some nicer shots. I was at frist pretty certain they were subs, but now have my doubts.

Location: Wood mulsh, near pine. in Victoria. Croydon/ringwood area.
Camera: Digital Zoom was needed for shot.

Will get spore prints ect towards the end of the week.
Cheers. TheGrudge.

They look more like toadstools rather than p.subs, anyone else care to comment?

on closer inspection of the stuff ive found, i think ive got a p.sub.. i have not plans on eating it till im 100% but the ones i found were quite dry when they were in the ground.. they DID stain blue however not on the stem itself.. i had them on some paper and the paper went a blueish colour.. ill try to take a pic if i can..

Well it apears u were right cowboy :) when i went back today they were just toadstools. also covered in slugs...but looks like a good spot for the future once the rain starts again :). Thnx for ur help/advice neways. best of luck hunting guys and girls!