• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2004 Mushroom season( Victoria)

lol. about 5 shrooms.
They are few and FAAAAR between. give it a fortnight of good weather and the mushroom gods shall reward our patience :)

EDIT: was actually mongman's find... but you guys get the idea :)

Last edited:
Yeah i hear u....mother nature is playing some mind games atm...its nearly winter...where the rain? where is the loving!. Ohh well best of luck finding more when it rains m8.

Last edited:
the shitty melbourne weather almost killed my cannabis, but now im hoping for more shitty weather :) mushies woo. Anyone direct me to a melb/aus related mushie thread on info about mushies around here?

without giving away too much source info, i was wondering if p.subs can be found in outter suburban melbourne?

yes they can be found all over melbourne in many many gardens, a good place to start would be your own back yard. just read this thread to see what sort of gardens they will be in..... even inner city melb would have some patches somewhere i am sure.

Outer suburban melbourne is where they're at mate :)
But then again they're EVERYWHERE!!!!!
It's all about putting in some time to learn about the mushy and take that knowledge and use it to your advantage :)
This thread already covers where you'll find them... so yeah, wood chips + water. Take that hint, open up a melways and you shall reap the rewards for you research :)
... already too much info...
*runs into the street waving scissors and bucket in hand*

ahh the good ol'melways.. im already looking in it.. making a list of possible places.. thanks for your advice.. hope you dont beat me too it ;)

LMFAO! I'm on my way home from the office to grab something and as i cruise past a large park in the middle eastern suburbs, i see two BLers jump out of a car, with a backpacks on. Now they could be just going for a walk, but i highly doubt this. Priceless...

hahahahahhaha

this thread is gold!!

i wish i could be bothered researching mushies properly.... then if i could do that, id then need to be bothered to actually go hunting for them!!

god im lazy!!

Hmm, this thread hasn't made me to inclined to go out looking just yet, but soon... oh yes, soon...

I was wondering, does anyone know if our p.subs are native to Australia ? or or they some strain which was brought over from elsewhere and mutated to what we have now. And by native, i mean been here for at least 10 000 years i suppose.

Do you find them right out in the middle-of-nowhere-deep-bush or is it more in the outter-suburban wood-chipped areas ??

People around here (Queensland) find the magic mushrooms in parks and such, which have large area's of bark and stuff around tree's.

This is going to be my first year mushroom hunting. Is it against the guidelines to pick shitloads of shrooms, then post pictures (you's can be my panel of identification experts, cause I'm a newbie)? Typically, how many standard sized shrooms would you have to eat to have a REALLY good trip (a 4 - 5g of dry shroom trip). Do you dry the shrooms? Or just collect a lot and eat them whole?

Also, is it entirely unheard of, to take a few mushrooms to a university and get them to indentify it? A few guides recommend it, and it seems like a good idea :)

Last edited:
The dosage size depends on how far you want to go and mainly, what kind of mushroom you're eating.
If you're talking about weight dosage, it will almost always be spoken about in terms of dried mushrooms.
Erowid labels a heavy trip for P. Subs at 2g. Which i would agree with, going up to 3g of P.Subs is pretty fucking intense! and anything above that... well... make sure to say hi to the tree gods and and other 'entity' you come into contact with cause reality will be gone a while =D

I just got back from a hunt and there's still almost nothing. I got 7 shrooms from the 'neverfail' spot. Everywhere sucks balls.

chubba - as far as guidelines go... if you want to preserve the spot, try to avoid pulling out/damaging any mycelium (ie. break/cut off at the base of the stem rather than ripping them out), don't pick juveniles (ie. try to wait until they've grown enough so that the veil is broken).

p. sub's are woodloving psilocybes, they are obviously related to p. cyanescens, and some variants look almost identical to them macroscopically. not sure how native they are, although it is most likely that they are p. cyans that have adapted to the australian climate/habitat :)

sub's tend to grow readily on eucalypt mulch, while cyan's struggle.

the potency is diferrent for each individual mushroom and the size will vary. dry & powder them then shake/mix all the powder to try and even out the potency.
I've found that 3 even teaspoons of ground up subs powder weighs (ROUGHLY!! not exact)1.5grams.
1.5grams of sub will be enough for most people to have a full blown shroom trip , not to intense but strong enough to forget what sober was for a few hours.

Mushies Mushies Mushies Mushies

41280Mushies.jpg

Mushies i got today from my 'neverfail' spot. Currently spore printing to fertiliser the garden later on ;)
But yeah, that's all that was there and about 20 pins. Should be ready by sunday i guess. But everywhere else i went, even the jackpot spots of last season... nothing... a fair few bad shrooms but not even a pin of P. Subs anywhere else...
They're few and far between guys, but they're starting to pop up :)
I think this time next week is when the real fun might JUST start to begin =D

Last edited:
oh yea i forgot to mention the potency thing. what alt said. :p

p. sub's, vary in potency hugely! 4 fresh small/medium sized mushrooms sent me to another planet (the day they were picked... probably equivalent to 0.5 to 0.75 gram dried, yet it would have been on par with a 4 or 5 gram cubensis trip). a friend had a little more than i did that night, and tripped noticably less hard than i did. on further trips, i found 10 or so small/avg sized subs to take me to a nice level. from this point onwards the rest were dried and stored in honey, although judging a dose from this was still very difficult!

so the best idea is either what alt did, or to pre-weigh a dried batch and sort out your doses via powder or perhaps a chocolate recipe ;)

if only nsw would get some rain now...

how is this spore printing down, i wouldn't mind filling up my b'yard with magic mushies :)