• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How did you get started with using heroin?

I first tried heroin at 14 or 15, with a friend, through a sketchy street hookup.
I really wanted to try it, I glamourized hard drugs and I had already tried coke, disassociatives and psychedelics by then.
I remember reading Christiane F. – We Children from Bahnhof Zoo as a teen, and being jealous that I didn't have such an easy access to all the drugs I wanted. Hah!
I loved heroin but never got hooked. I used it a few times but not regularly, as I never had a stable source for it - I guess I should be grateful for that lol.

For me when my older brother was still around he used to hook me up wit xanax and weed in 2008 we discovered pain killers we both ran out of pill connects and we grabbed some blows from a friend. After a month of using my brother took methadone and had xanax in his system and died n 09. since then ive been using heroin daily up until 3/4/2014 its been nice being clean on mmt basicallt went straight to H after he passed i just used by myself.

It just seemed like a good idea at the time, honestly.

Just about like anyone else, oxy was more expensive than heroin. After shooting heroin with my best friend a while back,I'm not sure if I want to ever do it again. Neither one of us were sure that the other one was going to fall out. And to make things worse, I had blood in the rig and it just disgusted me to know that I was injecting my own blood/heroin into my arm without a micron filter.

It was my destiny.

Everybody wants to feel good and have a good time.

Drugs are an avenue to attempt to achieve the "good time"

But artificial highs come at a consequence.

Yeah, opiates offer one of life's best feelings, but they will eventually betray you and leave you as a shell of yourself.

And yeah, YOU - you aren't going to escape the consequences. If you want to play you are going to pay. You decide if if it's worth it. Nobody ever thinks it will catch up to them. They will be different. Fools.

^destiny? Reminds me of this idiotic thing I used to say (not saying what you said is idiotic, moving on) that i was born to be a heroin addict becuase i never could OD even when I tried , therefore God had built me to intake a high amount of opiates which is my natural state.(although ended up ODing once later on when I was released from jail.) The dumb things dope made me think, thats a shining example.

Anyway, my story:

Oxy → heroin & crack/iv coke → heroin & meth → heroin → methadone (currently)

^ Haha.. you and me both..
What I would give for a blissful OD.. My lord.. Please.. do not resuscitate.

The first time I was about 18 and two of my older friends had some. At the time neither were addicts but now one of them is. I snorted a line and threw up a lot if I remember correctly. At the time I wasn't super impressed but at the same time it sparked me curiosity since I was sure I could get more out of it. When I was younger I vowed (like many here I'm sure) to NEVER do heroin. Addiction runs in my family and one of my parents was a junkie up until I was a few years old. I went to a ton of NA meetings with them as a kid and that really should've taught me that addiction is a hellish thing. But I had to make my own mistakes I guess. Before heroin I hadn't done opiates much (hydrocodone once and it didn't do shit.. can't remember what else) but I knew I liked downers. I had tried a lot of other drugs and was still sort of looking for the "right one".. a large part of me wishes I hadn't found it.

The second time (when I was 22 I think) I sought it out because I was heartbroken, depressed, and lonely. Someone once described the feeling of heroin to me as like being hugged by a cloud; sounded like exactly what I needed! Went back to my friends who had offered it to me the first time. Straight to the needle no fucking around this time. My best friend had moved across the country and my ex had moved in with a mutual friend and they were dating, which just killed me. Turns out they were using all sorts of opiates too, and we ended up hanging out A LOT and getting high together, which would've been unbearable emotionally had I not been high the whole time. Man, I had some of the shittiest days of my life back then, just so sad and unhappy, trying to hold back tears at work all the time, feeling rejected and then wanted and then rejected again. Needless to say, things got very messy between the three of us. I actually got back together with my ex though a few months after we separated (and I moved across the country to escape that nightmare haha) and we are still together.

If someone had told me when I was 18 that I would one day have a serious needle fixation I woulda laughed in their face. I've learned a lot about myself since then, and it ain't all pretty..

I was born in '80 (makes me almost 34) anyway, back in '94-95 (before oxys became the crack of the suburbs) I had a best friend that was real messed up. We lived on the E coast, she'd already been out to Cali, hooked on dope,crank, etc. and came back before turning 14. Her 19 year old boyfriend was originally from our home area, so he had some connects. When she came home and he went to county jail, she started hanging with some of his using buddies, so did I. Anyway, the two of us were partying with a 21 year old friend who was a dope fiend, I was a few weeks shy of turning 15. We scored some dope and some crack and I let the older, more experienced friend give me the IV injection. I didn't have the whole going from oxys to dope quandary. WHen I got my first taste of oxy in '98, I said 'these are like heroin, which is a hell of a lot cheaper'. Can't say that I ended up any better because of that knowledge, though, lol.

Dude I honestly think crack is worse having used both a lot. Crack will make u do anything for me and it's a lot more addicting mentally, you always want one more hit

True, one can never be satisfied with crack. Even if you have as much as you wish you had, it would be gone by now. Lots of money wasted. Not worth it.

I was 18 or 19 and it was summertime 1987...I was sitting in a car parked in a parking lot of a park (hahaha) with my best friend from high school and his uncle just shootin the shit and smoking a joint or two...up til then I smoked pot, dabbled in coke, drank like a fish...that's all. I knew my buddy did heroin and used to wonder why he was always sleepy all the time but actually had never seen or tried it; no desire whatsoever. He turns to me and asks me if I wanted to try some...they were snorting it like coke and I was under the impression you had to use a needle to do dope, so I'm like no fuckin way I'm sticking a needle in my arm!! He says nah you can sniff it...so I'm like OK why not?? I sniffed a small bump and at first I didn't feel anything at all; what a waste of money I thought after he told me the price (believe it or not a bag cost $25 each)..... what a gyp....

Then it kicked in and after a bit of nausea I was feelin sooooooo goooood!!! Either the next day or the day after I asked my buddy if he had more and he says no but if I had some cash he could get more so I gave him the money and we went to the Mecca of dope here...The North End...and I copped my first whole bag for myself...(think I had to buy him one, of course) and snorted out of that bag all night...

Well that was the start...I was partying with it off and on and having fun but meantime in the real world my father had gotten ill and was in the hospital. Turned out that he had cancer in his bones and it went undetected. While on the chemo he lost a staggering amount of weight and had developed a tumor behind his eye that made it bulge out...combined with the weight loss he looked so scary and helpless my Mom was suffering so badly and we couldn't help her. My 2 sisters, my brother and I were total messes and it was excruciating watching him wither away day by day...He passed away on Dec. 24, 1987 @ 10:06am.... After that my casual partying use of drugs escalated into a constant need to get soooo numb and high just to take away the hurting and pain I felt and couldn't deal with my sibilings and their suffering. I couldn't and wouldn't ....cope... Since then it's been a never-ending rhythm of detox, relapse, detox, relapse, MMT, relapse, MMT, relapse...can't even count how many times I went into rehab!!! Right now I'm at the point that I know I'll never get off it so why even try...just taking it day by day and hope and pray that someday I'll get it through my fuckin hard head and stop for good.....That's all...

I think my story is like thousands of others:

Was doing oxy. Started doing oxy quite often. One day I had the chance to buy a bag of heroin while I was buying some oxy. The single bag was half the price of the oxy, yet the oxy got me high once and the dope got me high twice. This was 2005.

After that I was like, fuck yeah! Heroin! It's cheaper! Years later I was spending more on my daily dope habit than I was when I was last abusing oxy. And when I was last abusing oxy was when only expensive 30's and Opanas were around after the old oxy's switched to OPs.

For nostalgia sake, anyone remember blowing one of the old pills? I used to hate that taste. Then I used to love it. I remember having a number of 80's and feeling like a god, you know for a few days at least.

I still have the occasional fantasy about cleaning out some old persons stuff from their house and finding an old bottle filled with them. Or well since it's fantasy the bottle is usually close to full and it has the legendary 160's (which I've never even seen).

Last edited:
Suboxone - buprenorphine and naloxone vs Methadone

I think my story is like thousands of others:

Was doing oxy. Started doing oxy quite often. One day I had the chance to buy a bag of heroin while I was buying some oxy. The single bag was half the price of the oxy, yet the oxy got me high once and the dope got me high twice. This was 2005.

After that I was like, fuck yeah! Heroin! It's cheaper! Years later I was spending more on my daily dope habit than I was when I was last abusing oxy. And when I was last abusing oxy was when only expensive 30's and Opanas were around after the old oxy's switched to OPs.

For nostalgia sake, anyone remember blowing one of the old pills? I used to hate that taste. Then I used to love it. I remember having a number of 80's and feeling like a god, you know for a few days at least.

I still have the occasional fantasy about cleaning out some old persons stuff from their house and finding an old bottle filled with them. Or well since it's fantasy the bottle is usually close to full and it has the legendary 160's (which I've never even seen).

When I tried to get my first dose of Heroin, the neighborhood was so bad, and everyone was really trying to rip me off.
Until last year, I find it a little difficult to score heroin. Never know where to go, or how to ask. Things like these stopped me from trying.
I had a source last month, when but I decided to check here for more details. If it was worth a try. Or if I should keep with my current addiction on medication. I´m now on Methadone 70 mg for the past 7 years. Was on harder meds for a long time and IV most of them, except Methadone. The last time I tried Fentanyl 2 patches of 50 mcg. However with Oxys and methadone later, I became too sleeepy, and that didn´t work out for me. I did decrease on tablet of ´done. Was just thinking though about SUBOXONE®(buprenorphine and naloxone) to see if that is better than methadone. Does anyone know?

When I tried to get my first dose of Heroin, the neighborhood was so bad, and everyone was really trying to rip me off.
Until last year, I find it a little difficult to score heroin. Never know where to go, or how to ask. Things like these stopped me from trying.
I had a source last month, when but I decided to check here for more details. If it was worth a try. Or if I should keep with my current addiction on medication. I´m now on Methadone 70 mg for the past 7 years. Was on harder meds for a long time and IV most of them, except Methadone. The last time I tried Fentanyl 2 patches of 50 mcg. However with Oxys and methadone later, I became too sleeepy, and that didn´t work out for me. I did decrease on tablet of ´done. Was just thinking though about SUBOXONE®(buprenorphine and naloxone) to see if that is better than methadone. Does anyone know?
Everyone's experiance is gonna be different. I have used suboxone in the past with good results but after going back and forth with them and dope they just were not working so I went to methadone and that is going very good for me. With suboxone I could just skip a day and use the next because I had a 30 day script. With methadone I go to the clinic almost every day and if I skip days and have dirty drug screens then I won't get more take homes and I don't want to jeperdise that. So to answer your question you will have to just try yourself and see what works best for you. If you switch from methadone to suboxone then get your dose down to around 20 mg or so.

I started from prescription pain meds. Doing perc 10 5x a day to perc 30s many a day. After spending so much money a friend had me snort a single pill and I felt better than ever. I later began to iv it as I began to think I was wasting money again. It's the devil drug. Don't ever do it if you havent.

Dumbass me one of my friends was into it I hit her up and got some and didn't tell her friends that I invited back that I hadn't done it before (I.V.ing) and was like I can't hit myself so well can one of you do it needless to say it was over I felt the rush and here I am a year later on and off again user can't seem to permanently shake it happy face or sad face to some