• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Is tripping on Halloween a good idea?

House party, some friends and I are dragging our gear over to set up Ableton and Traktor to rock out till the wee hours.

I'm tapped for ideas this years so I'll be in the ubiquitous Hunter S Thompson costume, so I believe tripping is kind of mandatory, i.e. it's part of the costume, you just have to accept it. Hopefully pure MDMA (well almost pure, sassafras as they call it) + Metocin (Met Flipping?). Should be worthwhile in my estimation.

add some mushrooms hippieflipping is awesome

will be trying acid first time on halloween - cannot wait! better to be in the deep end to see if you can float ;)

Caribou at Cat's Cradle, 10/31.

:D

Check out this review if you are unconvinced. Caribou live: like a rainbow moose hitting your Volvo.

I was actually going to Cat's Cradle last night to see Railroad Earth (My dad saw Evil Urges at Terminal 5 last night too, you might be interested to know, seeing as you're an MMJ fan haha) but instead I opted to do some 2c-i research... couldn't really travel while on the substances like I said :( Would have been a fun combo
And I actually drive a volvo too, haha

might ingest some fungi on that day, earlier on. probably won't do much on halloween... handing out candy while tripping would be fun

not sure though, right now i feel like i don't need any

The halloween party i am attending is going to have fire performance. double routines with friends of mine, one giant fire spin with 9 or more people, fire breathers, fire eaters, staff, fire fans, nearly naked women covered in blood, fetish performances, crazy shit happening all night long.

So yea, if you were going to the party im going to, if you felt comfortable with fetish performance and naked women covered in blood on acid, go for it.

Bottle of robo or a bullet full of K...

haunted house options.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am a zombie. I'll probably ingest some DXM powder when I return from the march of zombies, though the combo would be nice.

Yum looks like good ol'LSD this year! Maybe add in a bit of Bees or some Mecs!

Perhaps think about a lighter substance like 2C-B, or a fairly low dose of acid. Halloween party isn't a good place for shit to get too real. Have a look at how you handle yourself in crowds on psychedelics, and how you handle freaky visuals - do you get scared, or do you find it funny / interesting? As long as you're easy-going about it, there shouldn't be a problem.

It'd be cool to trip on Halloween in a breathable costume with a mask. That way no one can see how fucked up you might look, and you're free to stare at whatever and not annoy anyone (especially drunk people).

I'll be seeing STS9 at the Georgia Theatre on halloween and you better believe my mind will be saturated with LSD =D
I've taken psychedelics on every halloween since I first started ingesting them, almost a kind of ritual. I think its the perfect time to trip honestly.

Have a look at how you handle yourself in crowds on psychedelics, and how you handle freaky visuals - do you get scared, or do you find it funny / interesting? As long as you're easy-going about it, there shouldn't be a problem.
This is pretty much what I was going to say :)

Everyone should know their own boundaries/limitations with psychs. If you tend to have a period of freaked-out-ness at any point during your trips, OR if you tend to lose control of your anxiety/paranoia when shit hits the fan during your trip, then it's probably not the best idea to take any psychs (or high doses of psychs, at least) in a crowded, noisy, unfamiliar situation that is not easy to flee from. Especially when there are going to be lots of really weird looking people around (i.e. Halloween :D)

On the other hand, if you are generally good at keeping yourself in check even when things get sketchy, then you should be fine to trip on Halloween.

But only you guys know your own limits, and what is best for you :)

Be safe and sensible, and have fun!! <3

Last year was 4-aco-dmt, which was pretty great till the person I was with kind of ditched me, and all the crowds were gone so I was just kind of sitting on a park bench freezing my ass off (didn't bring a jacket) until I finally couldn't take it and went back home. Overall it was a positive experience, and the trip that set me right after a rather trying experience that April had cast a shadow over all subsequent trips.
:)
This year I'm thinking I'll dose much earlier in the day. Probably 2c-e (not much of a choice right now given financial situation). Well, so long as nothing else is happening that day of course. Halloween is one of the best tripping days of the year though, imo.

it depends on the substance i woudn't take something like lsd but something lighter like amt sounds great :)

Most definitely! Like Laika, for me tripping on Hallow's eve is compulsory.

As long as you've experienced tripping in public before, as most young trippers have due to parents being at home most of the time, the stimulus of all the joyous costumed characters and the general trippiness of the night make for a very interesting setting. It could be said, though, that one may experience what I've come to call 'sensory overload' and that it would be advisable to plan a safe house if it becomes too much.