• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Is tripping on Halloween a good idea?

sarcean

Bluelighter
I figured I might take some acid and head down to Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, NC (US) where there is 100,000 on the street.

Halloween is already kind of a freaky night, but is taking acid when there is many tens of thousands all dressed up as different things and weird shit going on?

I tripped on 5-MeO-AMT three years ago at that thing in Chapel Hill... I didn't like it. There were WAY too many people, and there wasn't really anything to do, and at least when I was there there was no music playing or anything either. Just lots of people walking by looking in shop windows. And the restaurants and bars had a stand-offish vibe to them. They wouldn't let you use the bathroom unless you stood in line and bought something. No joke, there were hired bouncers scowling at long lines of potential customers, checking receipts before letting anyone in the bathroom. And there were no outdoor toilets! Not that I could find anyway.

I found it lame and it had a hostile vibe due to the bad spirit of the businesses that were making money off the event. Maybe it's not like that and I was just tripping or found a bad part of it.

A better place to trip on Halloween would be somewhere with a couple of friends where you could be alone and safe. Or outide somewhere aware from civilization. Being around crowds of people is rarely a good thing on powerful psychedelics.

Last edited:
If you have a few trips under your belt, I think it could be fine. Would you be comfortable tripping somewhere public when it isn't Halloween? Like at a bar? Or a concert?

As long as you have someone with you who is sober enough, and are within walking distance to a "safe" place, like your house, you should be good.

if you can just laugh your asses off at how crazy everyone's masks look then it'd be pretty cool. lol, just remember that they're masks not monsters.

depends you prone to letting yourself get caught up and panicked over nothing

Personally wouldn't make much difference to me (except for being in the crowds I wouldn't be real fond of that)

No, Jason can access our world through people tripping on mushrooms and he will come for you.

I have tripped almost every Halloween for the past four years or so, usually at a concert with a lot of people of the same level. I think it is really fun, this year a few friends and I are gana drop and go to one of those big fancy haunted houses. We are all really experienced and its fun for us to push our boundries once in a while.

sarcean said:
I figured I might take some acid and head down to Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, NC (US) where there is 100,000 on the street.

Halloween is already kind of a freaky night, but is taking acid when there is many tens of thousands all dressed up as different things and weird shit going on?

Hehe, tripping halloween on franklin, awesome. I'd head to the hookah bar up towards the end of franklin if you straight enough (don't want to start shit there, guys pretty chill).

Xorkoth said:
I tripped on 5-MeO-AMT three years ago at that thing in Chapel Hill... I didn't like it.

Was there last year on acid. A waste of acid. But the tarheels suck so i should have figured as much.

Anyways, halloween and new year (nov 1st) are the best days of the year to trip (and revel, party, dance, and feast). It it when the dimensional and spiritual worlds blur over one another. Using sacred visionary fungi or plants or compounds during this time is the true meaning of ritual. The most potent night to navigate.

i think it really depends on your mindset. If you are going in there with a couple friends everyone plans on having a good time and no one has a thought about the possibility of a scary night, i think itd be all good.

I myself wouldn't just because im so introverted when tripping, and i doubt that it was Halloween would even come to mind if i were on psychedelics.

Theres nothing scary about october 31st. Thats all modern hollywood or christian superstition. Psychedelics will show this clearly!

I wouldn't. I would be too freaked out from all the monsters running around and screaming. :/ Doesn't sound too fun. I much prefer tripping at a nice, peaceful park enjoying nature and the sunset. But maybe that's just me.....

i went to a halloween party last year but freaked out and went home, i was on an eighth of mushrooms, with a lot of pot and a mickey of rum.... everyone was dressed up but me it made me feel very insecure

freaking great idea.

read my mescaline experience report (should be on page 2 or 3 now) about my halloween trip