• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Is tripping on Halloween a good idea?

It's tradition for me to do shrooms on Halloween, it's very good times.

Some people believe the veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead is thinest round' that time of year... I recommend the naturally occurring sacraments for this time period if you really want to connect with the unseen

Absolutely a good idea. I guess you know if you're a scared person that freaks out on shit, but if you aren't it is the most fun to do it in an environment when everyone is already crazy and weird, no one can tell and you have an absolute blast.

Worst possible outcome: you look like you had too much to drink and can't handle it.

^ lol

I have tripped on halloween outdoors in the middle of some very remote woods with friends. It was very good trip.

I wouldn't do the 'social halloween-american' thing though, but then again tripping for me is a very personal thing now, which I rarely do with friends anymore, but by myself laying down somewhere comfortable with eyes closed.

tobala said:
^^^^ As a skeleton, I repent that remark.

Unfortunately, it is not your remark to repent. Unless you are the legal representative of junctionalfunkie.

^Going into a good haunted house tripping and high is great (especially the strobe lights and those rotating UV-paint coated tunnels.) Whenever I have the chance to face a fear that is ONLY fear i.e. there's little statistical risk and nothing I can do to directly control it, I take psychedelics to increase it (bungee jumping, tandem hang gliding and tandem paragliding are some other examples.) It's a fun and fantastic way to learn to exercise the will over fear and chaos without any actual statistical increase in risk.

For the pure aesthetic enjoyment of Halloween, horror, and other dark atmospheres I prefer dissociatives though.

it's coming up people the best day of the year! i can't wait for the nostalgia.

I had one good trip using a friends corpse mask at a party. It was fun to keep an image in my head as to how I looked from the outside, and allow myself to freak people out and act weird while feeling it was appropriate. Call it the anti social trip. Early on in the trip I decided not to use any words

I hate tripping in public, but halloween is an exception.

I love going to a club on halloween and tripping.

I think it's different on Halloween because everyone is dressed up and acting weird already, so if you're tripping it's not necessarily out of place. Since being comfortable while tripping is about confidence, you'll be more likely to have a good time. Of course, something could still go wrong. If you take a mega dose of LSD or something really strong like that, you'll most likely still end up in some sort of compromising situation that could turn the whole thing in a bad direction.

I think it's different on Halloween because everyone is dressed up and acting weird already, so if you're tripping it's not necessarily out of place. Since being comfortable while tripping is about confidence, you'll be more likely to have a good time. Of course, something could still go wrong. If you take a mega dose of LSD or something really strong like that, you'll most likely still end up in some sort of compromising situation that could turn the whole thing in a bad direction.
This is how I always felt about it. If your acting weird everyone would just think "ehhh hes being weird but wait so is that guy with penguin costume!". Like Xork says definitely don't take a high dose though. Atleast if you'll be outside.

It isn't that in my experience - I can goto psytrance nights any other night of the year where people are dressed up, acting weird & tripping and I rarely enjoy it if I'm tripping myself. Halloween, OTOH, is virtually always enjoyable for me.

Obviously the horror theme does it for me, unsurprisingly.

I had an amazing time on mescaline two years ago at halloween.