• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is meth use looked down upon?

Yeah, so could you please recap your commentary about drug-dicksizing? :p

ebola

fuck.. I can't be held down by no dick sizing anymore... it's too hard. Not to mention this euphemism is painting too many dicks all over DC.

Glass methamphetamine is the most aesthetically pleasing drug I've ever come across.
Both in its glass form and when it recrystalizes. So, it's got that going for it. I suppose.

Yea crystal meth is really a beautiful thing to look at.
I also love when i get nice pearly off white rocks of coke. With that special smell i know, that petrol smell. Mmmm, dem rocks!

That is a lovely site as well. Gimme a bag of still wet shards, some chunks of fish scale coke and a prepped shot.
I feel butterflies just thinking about it.....

I donno about shards lookin cool they alright but the crack back patterns are the coolest especially the ones I got the other day had horns at one point haha
But fishscale coke or just sum good coke in rock form is buetiful haha and that smell is fantastic and the taste taste good to me fer some odd reason the drip to
I honestly like coke better then meth but meth is cheaper and a way longer high so I stick with that plus at one point I was blowin through a gram in three lines pretty much in five minutes everytime I picked up cuz my tolerence was so high
And the chest pains and irreagular heartbeat definitely had some problems with my heart so I guess it's better that I don't do it
It's been three or four months since I've done coke and its my doc
meth isn't as ruff on the heart

I donno about shards lookin cool they alright but the crack back patterns are the coolest especially the ones I got the other day had horns at one point haha

Have you ever seen some really good clear in good lighting? I swear under the right sun conditions, a little rainbow could pop out heh..

Yea that's true that clear stuff looks like glass that is cool to look at but I donno regular shards with the white tint are whatever to me
I probably like coke better in everyday because its my doc nd I'm addicted to that and meth I guess I'm addicted to it a bit because I keep going back to it but not like coke I still crave for coke even when I'm tweaking cravings for coke will come to mind

Have you ever seen some really good clear in good lighting? I swear under the right sun conditions, a little rainbow could pop out heh..

I'm not ASKING, just musing on where in the fuck you found glass in the NE United States.
I know I mentioned this upthread, but I've known all types, more or less. Dope fiends, crackheads, club kids, gay scene types, research chem people, etc, etc.
Exactly 2 other people have even seent it! Seent it! It was frustrating at first but now I realize what a blessing it's been. I got enough deadly powders dancing around me without adding that weird shit back in.
Coke drip>>>>>>>meth drip. That gasoline flavor that some good coke has..... Priceless. For some reason.
The meth drip is fucking nasty. I actually had someone take a snorter out of my hand and tell me "that's not how you do it." The smoking and hot rails commenced.
BB's meth looks pretty accurate. Except for the blue. I'm surprised no one's tried to copy it and cash in.

Complicated answer: Because meth is highly addictive and quickly turns normal, healthy people into demented maniacs (who often look like shit). True, it can be used responsibly but too many users (smokers/IV'ers especially) end up hooked and rapidly go insane. You can do meth for years...decades even...without dying. It's not that. It's the neurotoxic effects and psychologically addictive component that makes it so hated. Entire towns and cities have deteriorated as its use spreads. (Source: grew up in the Midwest/South and saw it firsthand).

Simple answer: There's a lot of stigma of meth as a rural, trailer trash/redneck drug du jour, which adds fuel to the fire. The name alone conjures images of scabby-faced, toothless gas station attendants from Wyoming to Kentucky.

Last edited:
Complicated answer: Because meth is highly addictive and quickly turns normal, healthy people into demented maniacs (who often look like shit). True, it can be used responsibly but too many users (smokers/IV'ers especially) end up hooked and rapidly go insane. You can do meth for years...decades even...without dying. It's not that. It's the neurotoxic effects and psychologically addictive component that makes it so hated. Entire towns and cities have deteriorated as its use spreads. (Source: grew up in the Midwest/South and saw it firsthand).

Simple answer: There's a lot of stigma of meth as a rural, trailer trash/redneck drug du jour, which adds fuel to the fire. The name alone conjures images of scabby-faced, toothless gas station attendants from Wyoming to Kentucky.

Yeah thats basically the answer, eventhough meth is not available where I come from, it still has a bad rep and its mainly because of the meth face ads you see in the paper from time to time. Don't get me wrong I'd love to try it because of the hit you get of it but I don't think I ever will for a number of reasons 1 being as i said its not readily available where I live and two I've an addictive personality so I know if its as good as its meant to be I'd never be able to use it once and forget about it, I'd end up on one of those meth face posters..... but anyway most drugs have a bad rep but its true that some are worse than others....surprisingly coke seems to be almost acceptable ...i don;t know if its because its seen as an upper class drug - city boys doing it - but I think heroin still holds the prize as the most stigmatized drug out there....mainly due to the film trainspotting...

Yea that's true that clear stuff looks like glass that is cool to look at but I donno regular shards with the white tint are whatever to me
I probably like coke better in everyday because its my doc nd I'm addicted to that and meth I guess I'm addicted to it a bit because I keep going back to it but not like coke I still crave for coke even when I'm tweaking cravings for coke will come to mind

I bet you wouldn't go back to shards if not for the awesome prices and long half-life compared to decent coke... I never IVd coke, but such a cleaner feeling high, and cleaner overall.

I bet you wouldn't go back to shards if not for the awesome prices and long half-life compared to decent coke... I never IVd coke, but such a cleaner feeling high, and cleaner overall.

If coke lasted as long as meth or was wayy cheaper like a gram being 5-10 bucks like in South America I would never touch crystal again but the truth is its not and I don't live in South America so I stick to my long lasting cheap crystal although the last shit I got was horribly cut tasted like poop nd didn't give me much of a high at all but it's everyonce and a while bad shit comes around so it won't be long till that fire crystal is back

I know it's bad for you and the addiction potential but why are people more accepting of let's say coke use or taking OxyContin. Even my friends that don't use are really against it but I could be using coke almost everyday and they won't say a thing about it and think its normal. I know there are the tweekers on the street stabbing people and doing other stupid shit so maybe that's why meth use has a bad name for itself. I mean crack is looked down upon to but still nowhere near the way meth is looked down upon. I end up just keeping it a secret from most of my friends that I use because of the judgement nd the fact that they mite not be my friend anymore if they knew I used. Like people who occasionally smoke crack aren't seen as much different but the occasional meth user is just looked at as slum I just don't understand why. Is it people's egos or the way society has portrayed meth? Why aren't people as accepting to others decisions as say I am orzo me of my friends. I mean I would understand the lieing thieving tweeker being looked at as skim but I don't partake in crime or am violent and neither are the people who i use with so why are we looked as the same as those who rob people and stab people. It shouldn't be the habit that is looked down upon rather their actions. Any other opinions on why it's frowned upon so strongly. I'm not to sure about heroin because I don't know anyone who uses and I don't plan on using myself but that seems to be looked down on pretty strongly too

Stupidity, ignorance, bias, propaganda, fear, can't form their own opinions or lets one negative experience dictate their opinion, presumptuous, it's just not for them.

Last edited:
Stupidity, ignorance, bias, propaganda, fear, can't form their own opinions or lets one negative experience dictate their opinion, presumptuous, it's just not for them.

Wouldn't you say that some of the stupidity, ignorance, bias, propaganda, and fear put on meth heads they brought upon themselves by their collective behavior, and the victims of said behavior?

Granted, we should look down on drunks to a comparitive degree that we look down on meth heads and we don't... but it's not just ignorance that causes meth to be looked down on; meth heads fought hard and earned a good shard of that fear.

Meth is generally agreed to be the most depraved, with heroin and maybe crack in 2nd

Junkies don't get too high and hear voices, or stay up for a week diving further into delusions and psychosis, ending in violence. Junkies kick and have a nasty 10 days, and afterwards, aside from some minor paws, are fine, tweakers can be fucked for a long, long time after sobriety. Heroin doesn't really mess with judgement or perception while high

Funny thing though, back in the day, at this "shooting gallery" nasty junkie den I used to go to, you mention meth, and all these homeless junkies are all "oh my god, no", and then you hear from tweakers "whoa man you're fucked up, physically addicted and all"

Mostly just opinion

Heroin becomes very similar to that once you're dependant, it's those 10 seconds of relief that really keep me going back though.

That's different though. One has to let themselves become that dependent on heroin for it to be that short of a high. Cocaine is a short high to begin with. It was so utterly disappointing (and I don't think it was really cut or anything but I bought it off a friend who uses coke all the time and this was some of his shit that he loves) for me that I traded the rest of what I had with some guy for some speed, because at least I get whatever it was I was trying to do done on speed before crashing. All it felt like was speed with an initial rush and bit more euphoria for about 37 minutes at most and then I felt as if I had been punched in the face. I don't see that as being a good drug.

But hey, I guess to each their own.

Last edited:
Im in the midwest present and know several meth heads. Maybe they are the exceptions, but I cannot see any evidence whatsoever that they are doing any worse than any other users, and in fact they all function way, way better than I did when I was addicted to oxy. High dose opioid withdrawals will most definitely render a person more desperate for a fix than any so called meth withdrawal. I've dabbled in meth - its not my DOC so I guess I can't speak first person regarding cold turkey cessation from a long term habit. That being said, I have never, not once, seen anyone have a legitimate withdrawal episode from a stim. For reference, lethargy and depression do not constitute an honest WD. More llikely those symptoms are as much a result of long term sleep deprivation as they are anything.