• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is meth use looked down upon?

Comparing oxy and meth is apples to oranges. I wouldn't say that abusing oxy is less addictive or harmful than abusing meth, but it's prescribed. So, it has less of a stigma with the general public. Coke is extremely expensive. So, few people become daily users. However, the cost of meth is low enough that many people do become daily users. So, a lot more people get addicted to meth as opposed to coke. Also, meth is longer-lasting, which leads to the crazy, tweaked out, meth psychosis "tweaker" behavior that people associate it with. Coke doesn't last as long. So, people who use it don't typically have the whole stay up for days, get delusional, and see the shadow people experience like some do with meth.

Weird. I never thought of myself as a tweaker even though I've used enough meth to be considered one. I never acted like that or met anyone like that. It definitely must be a subculture that's built on a certain idea that these people behave a certain way

I mean, I've met people who make meth and they're not even what I'd call tweakers (obviously they live in the middle of nowhere and live simple lives), so this must be something special

I've seen alcoholics with barely any teeth but never other addicts. I think this is a case where it's all about exposure

Still, I think the thing about losing your teeth is a myth unless you're a life-long tobacco user. It doesn't have anything to do with hard drugs or alcohol, but as per usual the media likes to lie about everything

In my experience with Meth I have never seen or even heard of anybody of a middle-class or higher socio-economic group using it. Although I am a relatively high earning and highly educated person, all my interaction with meth users has required me to ‘slum it’, so to speak. Most people I interact with in scoring and using meth have a criminal record, are active criminals including very violent criminals, live in public housing and receive welfare. There definitely seems to be class-based stigma associated with it - though personally I never cared about that.

That said, there have been a few cases in the media of semi-famous gay people being busted with it.

The backbone of the “ subculture” is all around you. You more than likely interact with a few everyday. Bankers, salesmen. The past her prime but o so good at her job waitress that tops your coffee off. The trucker that just passed you on the interstate, perfect driving record and a double set log books. The freaks that you notice, the sketchers, are simply the meth monster molting, shedding its skin. Within the core, there is a morality of sorts, maybe lines not to cross is better description. Knowledge brings with it responsibility and more importantly, accountability. Been that way long before cartel got in the game. I learned early on that pigs eat everything but teeth.

In my experience with Meth I have never seen or even heard of anybody of a middle-class or higher socio-economic group using it. Although I am a relatively high earning and highly educated person, all my interaction with meth users has required me to ‘slum it’, so to speak. Most people I interact with in scoring and using meth have a criminal record, are active criminals including very violent criminals, live in public housing and receive welfare. There definitely seems to be class-based stigma associated with it - though personally I never cared about that.

That said, there have been a few cases in the media of semi-famous gay people being busted with it.
Takes years man. The decision is a collective one. Persistence and timing, though I passed on getting in the thick of it. So glad I did. Most dead, locked down. And a couple I see walking and talking to themselves. Folks think they just did too much lol.In truth they just talked too much.

Truckers do get stereotyped as being meth users yeah and it’s for a reason.

There are stricter rules on hours permitted to drive per day, legally, now.. but in years past truckers would just go hard all day and night all the time. More miles and more drops = more money. The meth habit was, still is used by some, to keep them awake. I’ve met one meth addicted trucker personally, and know of 2 others. One in the past afaik and one current.

There’s also a trucking company nearby that I’ve been told through the grapevine is employed with a large amount of methheads driving... must be looser than most companies nowadays. Drug testing is a real thing for truckers now most companies, it’s best to not even smoke weed...

I’ve known a fair few truckers my whole life. I’ve been with two in relationships actually. Guess I’m what you’d call a “lot lizard”.

Hey, I like my “truckers coffee” too, yknow?😇

Might become one someday, it’s in my pocket as an option anyway. Good money, nice solitary job on the road. Anyway..

————————————————

@Atelier3 There absolutely are meth users who go to work and do a good job and have good records. I’ve once met a nurse who has a perfect work record, gets degree after degree as a hobby and is overall one of the kindest, smartest cool people I’ve ever met. You’d never believe he’s into meth until you see the meth pipe in his hand and his shabby rundown apartment.

I am maintaining fulltime work, landing good jobs and doing okay on that front. I’ve put it off til January, but I’m still enrolled in uni for computer science. My relationship is pretty good (though at risk due to drug use, I may become demoted to ‘good friend’ and nothing else changes so far as living or bedding arrangements), my bills get paid and my life is okay, except the meth.

Is it going to be easy to maintain that if I keep using? Fuck no. Can I possibly manage all this for years while I continue to use? Not likely. But I have made it this far in 2020 from being homeless in March and start of April as a daily user the vast majority of the time..

I think I’ve hit my peak with meth man. As you can see there’s already things set back or at risk. I want to cut this out but I’m so fucking dependant on it and I fuck up my planned quits every time so far.

So these cultures are maybe what I get to look forward to. I’m already into some occasional pnp garbage. I’m going crazy, for certain. I hope the tape doesn’t play through on this one. I’ve nearly filled both sides now and the next tape is looking pretty grim if I dont stop this soon...

It’s degeneracy, just like the culture of crystal meth. Bunch of degenerates, the brunt of us.

Truckers do get stereotyped as being meth users yeah and it’s for a reason.

There are stricter rules on hours permitted to drive per day, legally, now.. but in years past truckers would just go hard all day and night all the time. More miles and more drops = more money. The meth habit was, still is used by some, to keep them awake. I’ve met one meth addicted trucker personally, and know of 2 others. One in the past afaik and one current.

There’s also a trucking company nearby that I’ve been told through the grapevine is employed with a large amount of methheads driving... must be looser than most companies nowadays. Drug testing is a real thing for truckers now most companies, it’s best to not even smoke weed...

I’ve known a fair few truckers my whole life. I’ve been with two in relationships actually. Guess I’m what you’d call a “lot lizard”.

Hey, I like my “truckers coffee” too, yknow?😇

Might become one someday, it’s in my pocket as an option anyway. Good money, nice solitary job on the road. Anyway..

————————————————

@Atelier3 There absolutely are meth users who go to work and do a good job and have good records. I’ve once met a nurse who has a perfect work record, gets degree after degree as a hobby and is overall one of the kindest, smartest cool people I’ve ever met. You’d never believe he’s into meth until you see the meth pipe in his hand and his shabby rundown apartment.

I am maintaining fulltime work, landing good jobs and doing okay on that front. I’ve put it off til January, but I’m still enrolled in uni for computer science. My relationship is pretty good (though at risk due to drug use, I may become demoted to ‘good friend’ and nothing else changes so far as living or bedding arrangements), my bills get paid and my life is okay, except the meth.

Is it going to be easy to maintain that if I keep using? Fuck no. Can I possibly manage all this for years while I continue to use? Not likely. But I have made it this far in 2020 from being homeless in March and start of April as a daily user the vast majority of the time..

I think I’ve hit my peak with meth man. As you can see there’s already things set back or at risk. I want to cut this out but I’m so fucking dependant on it and I fuck up my planned quits every time so far.

So these cultures are maybe what I get to look forward to. I’m already into some occasional pnp garbage. I’m going crazy, for certain. I hope the tape doesn’t play through on this one. I’ve nearly filled both sides now and the next tape is looking pretty grim if I dont stop this soon...

It’s degeneracy, just like the culture of crystal meth. Bunch of degenerates, the brunt of us.

Be warned, ye who tweak......... But really its a bitch to get away from. Really one of the last drugs I ran into, but it's seeming like I'm surrounded by it these days *ahhhhh welllll* here goes another one

Be warned, ye who tweak......... But really its a bitch to get away from. Really one of the last drugs I ran into, but it's seeming like I'm surrounded by it these days *ahhhhh welllll* here goes another one
I have a feeling you just capitalized your T in defeciT again.

Hopefully no Capital D gets involved
The amount of straight boys going gay when they meet the foul bog dwelling wretch that’s is CrysTina? Not likely will there be any lack of capital Ds, no sir. It’s tweedle D and tweedle D in methland you C?

prob the sex maniac and super violence correlation? And I guess mostly cuz of dirty tweeKers running all around giving us good guys a bad name!

The amount of straight boys going gay when they meet the foul bog dwelling wretch that’s is CrysTina? Not likely will there be any lack of capital Ds, no sir. It’s tweedle D and tweedle D in methland you C?

Meth, degeneracy, sodomy, yeyeeyyeyeyeeye

prob the sex maniac and super violence correlation? And I guess mostly cuz of dirty tweeKers running all around giving us good guys a bad name!
its almost like something like a safe supply would clean up the streets of its most active cohort a bit.

Imagine all the electronic junk that wouldn’t be peddled on the average person if we weren’t forced to steal their damn TVs and that other thing dammit having to pay for street supply.

Brb I’m about to scam a brand new refrigerator off my neighbours driveway, silly neighbour, take it all apart and scrap metal the bitch for pennies to the dollar. Super strength!

Honestly, I do not like any substance abuse.
Meth, if not used to counteract ADHD has just no practical value besides "getting high", and that's just not a valid reason to take anything for me.
However I myself have abused empathogenic substances in the past(first to counteract AS, later just for fun), but I don't approve of my past behaviour.

I am an hour into two benzedrex cottons- it’s succeeded in curbing the urge to go out and buy/ consume crack of indeterminate quality- I am not a tweaker but understand the draw of meth, a little. I have never done it, Breaking Bad my sole point of reference, along with the Faces of Meth ad campaign...