• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ Warning: Mislabeled Batch of 2C-B-Fly That Has Caused Deaths

Can't remember the synthetic route to 2C-B fly (and wouldn't discuss it in detail anyway - BL rules), but it's possible that one of the reagents used in the synthesis wasn't removed properly (Chinese labs can be very sloppy if you get the wrong one); when you consider that some reagents are hideously toxic, it wouldn't take much to do a number on someone.

Oh and hugo's correct, I was in contact with someone who synthed some bromodragonfly (DOB dragonfly) and he consumed the racaemic compound in doses of up to 16mg and lived to tell the tale (he did trip for 120+ hours though off the 16mg dose)

other than the fact that the chemical structures don't look that alike, it could even be dob? the duration would be about right, and overdose is 3.5mg and over. except for the guy who survived 8mg. and the friend that was with the man that died, did he also consume 18mg? or was it a different amount. what form did this chemical come in? i assume liquid so it'll be harder to distinguish from other chemicals..but if it was a powder you may be able to compare it to a few other chemicals and make an assumption based on that.

^ I would think it would have come as a powder, that is the form most phenethylamines are in and they don't usually sell pre-dissolved chemicals.

Also you can't tell a substance based on the appearance of the powder. Nearly all of them are white crystalline in their pure form. Any discoloration is caused by impurities and it could be any compound that forms a white crystalline powder.

Okay, I've never bought a chemical like that before so I wouldn't know. But some chemicals have a really weird structure to them. Take 2cc for example...I got some a while ago and it was like a flaky powder. Very strange. So I didn't know if other ones did too. Actually all the 2cx's I've received are all quite a bit different. finer, or stickier. They have all been white though, so I assume that is what colour they should be if they are pure.

Did the friend notice severe symptoms like some that have been described, And at any point think to check on Dannie?

I'd like to know about the friend too. Did he have to go to hospital? Did he have a bad trip?

Also about duration of trips. The guy who took 8 mgs says it lasted 20 hours. The guys who took 1 mg were still tripping after 12 hours and a visit to a hospital. More info?!

Last edited:
Oh and hugo's correct, I was in contact with someone who synthed some bromodragonfly (DOB dragonfly) and he consumed the racaemic compound in doses of up to 16mg and lived to tell the tale (he did trip for 120+ hours though off the 16mg dose)
8o8o8o 8o 8o 8o. 8o. 8o

The other friend DID take 18mg also. But lived. We just dont have data on his experience.

This is according to the danish site member that posted here on page 4

Thats really sad. My condolences go out to his friends, family and anyone who knew him.

Though as sad as it is, I still have to wonder why someone who's trying to operate a business had no way to test and a malfunctioning scale....

The other friend DID take 18mg also. But lived. We just dont have data on his experience.

This is according to the danish site member that posted here on page 4

That's precisely the info we need. That and any other info on experiences of people who tried it before knowing it was dangerous.
For now:
1 mg = visit to hospital - more than 12 hours of effects
8 mgs = bad trip - 20 hours of effects
18 mgs = death

Last edited:
I knew Dannie a little through psychedelia.dk where we both started posting more than six years ago.. I don't have new information, except that people are still trying to figure out what happened.

One of my friends knew him IRL and he talked to him two days before the accident. Where he should have told my friend about his plan of taking 2c-b-fly friday night. A guy from the site is trying to obtain some of the drug for lab test but the police in Denmark have the drug they took right now, unfortunately I don't think we will get any response from them.

He really was a positive and intelligent guy. He didn't deserve this!

R.I.P.

the police in Denmark have the drug they took right now, unfortunately I don't think we will get any response from them.

That is bad news. They will probably ban 2c-b-fly (and maybe other rcs while they are at it) in Denmark. And I don't think any RC supplier will be interested in stocking 2c-b-fly after this incident.

That is bad news. They will probably ban 2c-b-fly (and maybe other rcs while they are at it) in Denmark. And I don't think any RC supplier will be interested in stocking 2c-b-fly after this incident.

Don't you think that they would probably test it before banning it though? I don't think they can just ban a substance without knowing what it really is.

It was hardly DOB,you'd gonna freak out on all the energy it gives you...

Maybe he had a cardiac arrest unrelated to the substance,at least not directly.

Or was any Fentanyl in it?Wasn't there a blotter going around recently with Fentanyl ?

It was hardly DOB,you'd gonna freak out on all the energy it gives you...

I agree..

There wasn´t any kind of energy, it was the opposite.. after the coming-up you are totally exhausted. Like after a night (or two) with too much mdma combined with alkohol. Every little bit of energy was sucked out of me 3 hours after ingestion.

I don´t know DOB, but the description doesn´t fit.

I have my money on something psychedelic (could be anything potent with ~20 hour duration), with a toxic reagent or precursor still left in there.

Hugo, the guy who died had powder that was being sold as 2C-B-Fly from a source, so it seems most likely to be a botched synthesis. Doubtful it got so botched that fentanyl was synthed in it, haha. That would be quite a screw up.

Don't you think that they would probably test it before banning it though? I don't think they can just ban a substance without knowing what it really is.

Yeah, but a lot of the time, things like this draw attention to the compound it was suppose to be. For instance MPPP wasn't scheduled, then a messed up synth with MPTP in it leaving 7 people with parkinsons, and MPPP is scheduled. This happens because:

1. There is a high chance of a MPPP synthesis going wrong.
2. Now they know MPPP is being abused.

Something similar could happen with 2C-B-Fly.

Hugo, the guy who died had powder that was being sold as 2C-B-Fly from a source, so it seems most likely to be a botched synthesis. Doubtful it got so botched that fentanyl was synthed in it, haha. That would be quite a screw up.

I hear you,but then who knows what they've done in the reactor before...

Yeah I could see 2c-b-fly getting a bad rap, but then again if its something being tested who knows

Not to mention the potential impact on any other chemical he sold.

This thread really highlights whats wrong with the psychedelic community right now. Why the fuck was some 23 year old kid supplying people with potent psychedelics when he had no way of confirming that the compound he was selling actually was the compound he was representing it as?

I feel terrible that he died of course, but I still feel angry towards the guy; you shouldn't sell unresearched psychedelics to other people unless you have independently analyzed the product to ensure that it actually is what its being represented as. Slangin' random powders from some chinaman's shanty lab is terribly disturbing behavior-- irresponsible for multitudes of reasons. If you're supplying these chemicals to other people, you have a much greater responsibility than the end consumers. The end consumers are only responsible for their own health and safety, but if you're supplying these chems then you're responsible for the safety of lots of other people. That's not a responsibility to take lightly! Its an extremely huge deal, and being in my early 20's myself I can safely say that its probably much too big of a responsibility to trust a 23 year old with...

Additionally, everything in this thread is essentially unconfirmed hearsay. Not that I'm necessarily saying that the information is false, but as of now I'm certainly taking it with a grain of salt.