• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ Warning: Mislabeled Batch of 2C-B-Fly That Has Caused Deaths

could someone translate this to me (for someone who is not a chemist):

the amphetamine derivative 3C-B-FLY would be made, this compound being the dihydrodifuran analogue of DOB, and would also be the unsaturated equivalent of Bromo-DragonFLY.

Hmm... so yeah a lot of fly compounds can be made. A 3C-B-FLY would be relatively unknown.

But shouldnt it follow the patterns of the 3C's, and require much more to be used?

Hmm... I never considered DOB-Fly.

It's not 2C-B-Fly. It doesn't sound like DOB-Dragonfly because of the duration and (apparent) effects.

2C-B-DragonFly is close to 2C-B-Fly and might be that much more potent.
DOB-Fly could also fit that description as nuke said. Hmmm...

Or it could just be 2C-B-Fly with a large dose of something toxic from a botched synth.

could someone translate this to me (for someone who is not a chemist):

Look at the link here for pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2C-B-FLY

Basically, here's what's going on. Add wings to 2C-B and you get 2C-B-Fly. If you take those wings and "saturate" them, they get more ridged and the substance should get more potent. These are the "Dragonflys". 2C-B-Dragonfly has never been made in mass, and barely anything is known about it.

If you put a line on the right part of the molecule (an alpha methly), it becomes it's 3C analog. This is like 2C-B is to DOB. It makes it much much more potent. The 3C version of 2C-B is DOB. The 3C version of 2C-B-Fly is 3C-B-Fly aka DOB-Fly aka Bromo-fly. The 3C version of 2C-B-Dragonfly is Bromo-DragonFly aka DOB-Dragonfly. Does that explain it? Look at the pictures too.

And delsym, 3Cs usually are 10x more potent.

Last edited:
2C-X-FLY : 2 carbon chain, two dihydrofuran rings on the phenyl
DOx-FLY: 3 carbon chain, two dihydrofuran rings
2c-X-DFLY: 2 carbon chain, two furan rings
DOx-DFLY: 3 carbon chain, two furan rings

Difference between furan and dihydrofuran is that the furan is fully aromatic, thus giving the molecule more planar surface. The furans (DFLY:s) are more potent than the dihydrofurans (FLY:s) but also more dangerous.

The same could be said of 2c vs. 3c: 2 carbons is less potent but safer than 3 carbons.

Cegli, just checking the posts on 3c-e and 3c-p and the dosages were stating 20+mg on each.

Perhaps they are more potent on other chems? But on those they dont seem to be so.

Wonder if we have a brand new chem that hasn't been tried, and just sucks a ton of ass.

Thanks for the explanations!
Looks like what I got in the mail is a complete mess...

Cegli, just checking the posts on 3c-e and 3c-p and the dosages were stating 20+mg on each.

Ah, I see where the misunderstanding is. It works like this:

2C version --> 3C version
----------------------------
2C-E --> DOET
2C-P --> DOPR
Escaline --> 3C-E
Proscaline --> 3C-P

The 3C versions of all the 2C-xs are called DOx. It's confusing because of the way Shulgin named them. He basically started with DOx and xscaline, then when he made new a 2C or 3C version based of his previous creation, he named them 2C-x or 3C-x.

Ah gotcha dude. I be understanding now. Thanks for the breakdown.

Well then, perhaps we have some sort of DO dragonfly combo? From hell?

I'm another dane, also a member of psychedelia. I bought stuff from his shop several time and were in close email contact with him. Great guy, R.I.P . He was always very careful around his RC's, not an idiot. Those who think he would trick an entire forum into faking his death, for a few extra dollars should be ashamed of themselves.

I can confirm that he is dead, ask any of the older psychedelia.dk member - several knew him IRL and were either friends or old contacts.

He did the 18mg orally - supposedly with no combination - yet, he was confirmed dead in his bed 12 hours after ingesting the 2c-b-fly. First Aid was attempted untill the ambulance arrived, without luck. Paramedics and a doctor confirmed that he had suffered a cardiac arrest. The chemical was (supposedly, again - waiting for lab results) 2C-B-FLY - which he had just received from the lab, who synthed it.

Hope that cleared up a bit.
I simply think that the chemical was wrong or simply contaminated. 18mg would not kill, normally.

so which would be more potent DOB-FLY or 2C-B-DFLY? and what would be the expected dosage range for each? i know they have not been publicly bioassayed but the Ki values must be established in one of nichols studies.

if one of the vendors close friends/associates is reading this there is a lot of work that has to be done: an email must be sent out to all his customers informing them of the misidentified product and any business records that he may have kept should be erased to protect those who worked with him (although if someone can find out which lab he was working with, and read their correspondence perhaps some light could be shed on this situation)

Last edited by a moderator:
so which would be more potent DOB-FLY or 2C-B-DFLY

That's a good question since neither of them have been marketed on the RC market as of yet. They are known compounds but I think they have only been made in some university labs for study.

I would guesstimate the DOB-FLY to be more potent however, the aromatic wings give a higher affinity but the saturated dihydrofuran wings supposedly give a higher efficacy on the receptor. And we all know what the alphamethyl does...

Thanks Repulse for the more fleshed out story. So 12 hours in and he was dead huh... God.

And the friend who took the other 18 lived to tell the tale it seems?

Thanks Repulse for the more fleshed out story. So 12 hours in and he was dead huh... God.

And the friend who took the other 18 lived to tell the tale it seems?

No problem, happy to clear any questions up as far as my knowledge can do..
The friend who found him, was apparently visiting him the day after the trip, and did not ingest any material. He was also the one calling 911 & giving the first aid.

what a lousy way to go :(

my condoleances to his family and friends.
may he rest in peace.

Ok, so I'm just a little fuzzy. I read he took 18mg with a friend. Does that mean he alone took it with a sitter, or both took 18 mg?

Curious to see how the other person held up if indeed another person took 18mg.

I think we might be getting confused by a bad google translation. The google translation says "He went cold, and lay in bed, his friend was too tired and let down to sleep ". But then it also says he was found much later (12hr?) dead. So probably one of the danish speakers could tell us the real story.

2C-B-FLY Death?

Please try to keep discussions as general as possible, fellas. Obviously people who may have ordered this stuff need to know what's happened but that doesn't mean that it's alright to bandy about the name of the site concerned or "subtle" hints. Try to keep things suitably vague to avoid incriminating yourselves as much as anything else.

Also, no discussion of orders and/or refunds. If you lost money then it's a pisser, but a man has died and I think it's in pretty poor taste to be bitching about losing a few quid.

PS: This thread will be opened once I've edited and moved the relevant posts from the B&D thread so you can continue the discussions then. Will be as quick as I can :)

EDIT: Done and done. I've tried to keep the edits minimal but although this is an unusual situation and the information needs to be available to hopefully avoid any further deaths please use a lil common sense. We don't need to know who ordered what from where and we certainly don't need bitching about refunds. The issue is that of a man dying after taking a substance that may have been distributed to a number of other people some of whom may reside in PDland. I'm pretty sure those people will know who they ordered from and can work it our for themselves so enough with the "subtle" hints please.

Other than that, my sympathy and condolences go out to this man's friends and family and please continue discussions.

Last edited:
I think we might be getting confused by a bad google translation. The google translation says "He went cold, and lay in bed, his friend was too tired and let down to sleep ". But then it also says he was found much later (12hr?) dead. So probably one of the danish speakers could tell us the real story.

Yes, this is a misunderstanding due to machine translation.

In danish, we use the expression "to go cold" (directly translated) about when you fall asleep or suddenly is very tired, either because you're exhausted, or because you ingested too much alcohol or some other drug that makes you fall asleep. It has nothing to do with temperature.

A correct translation would be something like:

"He was exhausted and lay on the bed, his friend was also tired and went to sleep"

delsymfan: Both he and his friend took 18 mg of the drug. Next morning another friend found him dead, the other guy survived.

Ok thanks sidney lee for the clarification on the friend.

Did the friend notice severe symptoms like some that have been described, And at any point think to check on Dannie?

Thanks to everybody who has cooperated with all our questions, and remember that every scrap of info helps.