• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ Warning: Mislabeled Batch of 2C-B-Fly That Has Caused Deaths

anyone who speaks Danish, is there any new info on the other forum referenced above?

I'm really wondering about this. There's got to be something else going on, cuz I highly doubt 18mgs of 2c-b-fly is alone responsible. Here are some potential explanations.

1. The 2c-b-fly isn't 2c-b-fly, or is contaminated by something highly toxic.
2. He had a idiosyncratic reaction to it.
3. 2c-b-fly wasn't the only substance in him.
4. Was gonna have a heart attack anyway and just happened to be on drugs. (highly doubtful, but possible)

Once some lab info has been done we can narrow it down.

Shakti you speaks my mind...

I think he likely had a pre-existing condition. Or it was a combo gone awry. he has that AMT and dimethicone or something like that in stock too...

an autopsy will be made anyway i think... with 22 u dont die easily by a heart attack...

Guys, definitely don't "test" this. It is very possible (and happens frequently), that the original company that synthesizes the chemical in bulk messes it up. We've had many inactive products, mislabeled products, and non-pure products.

For instance, DOI sent as 2C-I. 2C-TFM was actually 40% 2C-TFM 60% unreacted 2C-I. HOT-7 that was actually just 2C-T-7. Multiple batches of Etaqualone that appear to be inactive or unpure (so they could be anything really). I had a vendor mislable a product that they sent to me (which I luckily figured out), but still the dosages were very different. A person a while ago got sent 2C-E instead of DMT and he smoked like 50+mg of it. Brown JWH-018, the list goes on.

Most vendors who resell don't have lab equipment to verify what they got is legit. They just go by what the lab tells them. This is because vendors are just people like you or me, who thought they would order a large custom synth and resell it. They're not chemists.

There's definitely a chance that what got sent out is pure poison. No one eat it. Spread the word about this chance. This could be a MPPP, MPTP like situation. Sure, many things could of happened, but my money is on a botched synthesis. 2C-B-Fly is hard to synth, and the prices were surprisingly low...

I hope everyone is okay, and there aren't other deaths out there we don't know about yet.

A friend of mine died of a heart attack at 23 without like any drug interaction, but he had a "mild" pre-existing condition that was under control. That could honestly be the case here.

Im not going to advocate a trial. It seems that the data coming in speaks for itself

I at least got AMT to play with in the meantime.

Last edited:
a buddy of mine had a very bad trip from 8mg of this "2c-b-fly"..
unfortunally he can´t compare the effects to these of pure, clean fly.
there was a awful headache all the time, he was completely disorientated.
breathing was hard and the eyes were swollen. it felt like an allergic reaction.

2 of his friends went to hospital tonight after ingesting <1mg combined with a few beer.

something is really wrong with this stuff.
he has enough left to send it to a laboratory.

R.I.P. Danny

Sorry to hear about your friends. I hope they're all well. Do let us know if you learn more.

What serious harm potential is there from a .5-1mg trial? Even assuming its a potent drug like bromo-dragonfly or a DOx, that dosage would be normal.

And if that dosage does result in next to nothing, a logical slow progression of dosing could help us to find out if it IS in fact just 2c-b-fly.

This right here is the problem with that.

2 of his friends went to hospital tonight after ingesting <1mg combined with a few beer.

something is really wrong with this stuff.
he has enough left to send it to a laboratory.

I really doubt they would have accidentally made BromoDFly or another psychedelic. If you look at synths of most of these chemicals, making a change like adding an alpha methyl is a huge change in the synth. It is much more likely it is something completely different, non-psychedelic, and potentially fatal at low doses. Remember MPPP? A slightly botched synthesis with traces of MPTP and, boom, permanent parkinsons. It would be very possible, as shown above to be hospitalized from a .5-1mg dose, or die. Why would anyone risk that? Don't do it, or you may be on the news for the new "killer drug" 2C-B-Fly that has "caused a string of deaths around the world". You know how the media would report that.

I'm really sorry to anyone who gets hurt from this. I hope everyone's alright!

Maybe I'm just being too empathetic, but holy fuck I'm actually emotionally effected by this young mans death. Not because "it could've been me", just because I really don't like that he died. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well now that Ive seen that last report I wont be touching it and I've talked with my friends. We'll probably toss it.

Shame to see that go down the tubes. I doubt theres much chance of a money back but whatever. Shit happens.

I edited my posts by the way, just to further discourage any trials.

Last edited:
Yeah, just keep it around for now and wait for lab tests. Losing 50-100 euros is one thing, we should just be happy we weren't the 18mg dead guinea pig... Thanks for editing your posts, I was just afraid of people trying it out of curiosity to see if it "really is that toxic".

Really makes you think about all the RCs you've tried in your time, eh?

This is awful. If the Danish man's family ever reads this, I'm so sorry for you loss. Be safe everyone.

I really doubt they would have accidentally made BromoDFly or another psychedelic. That would be almost impossible.

But it is highly psychedelic in very small doses.
Swim tested it and thougt that he was just overreacting. That may happen from time to time.. i.e. he needs a round about three time higher dose of tryptamines to get the same effects like other people. It could have been that he is just very sensitive to these special pea.. he thought.
I wondered when i was reading trip reports of people ingesting around 20mg. The 8mg dose was so fucking strong.. it can´t be 2c-b-fly.

Sorry for my bad english, I haven´t slept tonight.
I´ll take a look for my folks in the hospital now.

Morbid as it sounds, its better that only one (reported) death occurred than that the distributor accidentally sent off loads of stuff that was severely contaminated. Its always terrible when something like that happens...at least lets hope it doesn't cause some country to criminalize on the grounds of a single fatality through contamination.

Yeah, just keep it around for now and wait for lab tests. Losing 50-100 euros is one thing, we should just be happy we weren't the 18mg dead guinea pig... Thanks for editing your posts, I was just afraid of people trying it out of curiosity to see if it "really is that toxic".

Really makes you think about all the RCs you've tried in your time, eh?

This is awful. If the Danish man's family ever reads this, I'm so sorry for you loss. Be safe everyone.

Likewise to the family. Great person, honest man. Deserved better.

It does make you think about RC's. Its interesting because his AMT was labeled HCl when it was Freebase. Stuff like that is overlookable, and not a big deal. But it shows a pattern.

I hope every RC user learns from this. That its probably a lot wiser to take your first dose of any batch as a very small test dose. I know I was planning on doing 15mg when it arrived. I was excited. Glad I didnt.

Also just a thought. What about a separate thread for all this? Just to keep this one clean. Its appearing more clear that really 2c-b-fly was not made on this run. Dont want to totally mis-inform future people looking into the stuff. But at the same time its relevant. Idk, just musing out loud.

he might have been a great guy, but he fucked up on the most important part of his job! He paid the ultimate price for it.....

I just hope others don't die as well because of his lack of testing.

not asking for source info, but does anyone know if any RC vendor does tests to verify material quality? Is everyone just taking the chinese lab's word for it?

I'm thinking we're going to see a couple more deaths and hospitalizations in the next little bit. We're probably not seeing them right now because they're dead. Hopefully he didn't send out too much. I mean, it's sent out as 2C-B-Fly, two hospitalizations at below 1mg, 8mg sounds like dangerous side effects, 18mg death. Not good.

It's not like everyone who got this stuff is going to check bluelight before they dose just to make sure it isn't toxic...

To everyone wondering if he was scamming, that just doesn't make sense. He scams by sending a bunch of people a super potent misindentified product, then fakes his death? All of this while his business is going well, and he has a bunch of new products coming in. Why wouldn't he just keep accepting orders and string people along if he wanted to scam?

And don't say he was stupid for doing what he did. Sure, as a vendor he should test his products before he sends them out, but no one assumes the product they're getting is going to kill people. I'm sure 90% of the people here just trust the vendor that their product isn't going to kill them and try a dose. I know some people do 1mg test doses, but not that many do.

Last edited:
To everyone wondering if he was scamming, that just doesn't make sense. He scams by sending a bunch of people a super potent misindentified product, then fakes his death? All of this while his business is going well, and he has a bunch of new products coming in. Why wouldn't he just keep accepting orders and string people along if he wanted to scam?

And don't say he was stupid for doing what he did. Sure, probably not the best harm reduction thing, but I'm sure 90% of the people here just trust the vendor that their product isn't going to kill them and try a dose. I know some people do 1mg test doses, but not that many do.

How do you know he sent super-potent stuff? What makes you believe he reports from 1, 8 and 18 mgs are true. At this point I simply don't believe anything until there is some kind of proof from the 18 mgs report.
I don't always test my stuff before ingesting it but I 1. Always start with low very low doses. 2. Always try to keep myself well informed through several forums so I can know in advance if a vendor is selling bad stuff.

Why do I must allways lose my money ...

At least you're not dead. I feel like a lot of people are really focusing on the fact they lost 50-100 euros, and not appreciating the fact that other people hospitalized themselves / killed themselves testing it. Had things went slightly differently you could be the dead one...

Edit: Ah, so many posts at the same time, things got out of order, haha.

stupid, careless, it is just semantics really at this point.....he was running a business that claimed certain levels of purity...he did this for a profit....part of the cost of doing business for him should have been to lab test each new batch of product he received from China.

If he had any partners or family that could access his site, they should at the very least email the recent buyers of this product and warn them. The guy who would be legally responsible for all this is dead, and no one is going to find the people in china really responsible, so what's the harm?

But again, if it is so well known in RC circles that chinese labs fuck up on a regular basis, all rc vendors should be doing some sort of quality control on their end.

Luckily my friend didn't try this product this weekend as planned, based on wanting to read more about it....which lead here, and seeing all the mess. Thanks Bluelight.