• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Too quick to ban

Yep there does seem to be a lot more bans these days than there used to be.

It's certainly true that about 3 years ago if you wrote anything that violated the rules in EADD a mod would remove the post and explain why rather than reach for the ban hammer.

I wonder if the perceived increase in bans may have something to do with the way the disciplinary and banning procedures changed completely between the "Golden Age" so many refer to (albeit a different period of EADD history being referred to depending on who is doing the referring) and now. Way back when mods actually did wield a banhammer but that hasn't really been the case for a long time now.

Years ago bans were decided by staff discussion. However careful people are about trying to remain as objective and fair as possible it was inevitable that biases and all manner of subjectiveness and random quirks of situation & circumstance will have also played a part. Presumably this was a big consideration behind switching to the current points-based system. Staff no longer have the option of simply banning somebody as the system is automated. Obviously we still decide whether to go for a PM warning, give and official warning, or issue an infraction - only the latter carries points and can thusly result in a ban.

I can only speak for EADD staff here but all that I have worked with over the years have made a real effort to deal with things via "soft" disciplinary options (ie anything short of infracting). I can't say that happens perfectly every single time cos mods are human too and have our off days, but I do know it is true in the vast majority of cases.

However, if a member has gotten to the stage where PMs and warnings are not working infractions will become the preferred option for any serious infringements. This is when somebody can get into a cycle of repeated tempbans because that is the way the points system works. Each new infraction triggers a tempban which gets longer each time - ten points and it becomes a permaban. In practice that is incredibly hard to get to though as points expire over time (although there is an option to add a permanent point in certain cases). Basically you'd have to go out of your way to ever reach permaban stage - takes a real concerted effort and there are many opportunities to get back to a clean record (pointswise) along the way.

All that aside, I totally agree with the point Sadie raises which has been noted many times over the years - the forum was indeed a lot friendlier (although certainly not to new members) in many ways when most of the regular posters were on eckies half the time. Nowadays there's barely any luvved-up posting and instead we have a lot more stims, opies & benzos as the DOC. Stands to reason things are going to be a lot more fractious, volatile and generally non-luvved-uppy really.

Cunt,

Also, What's wrong with loving pussy. Is your pussy not loved ;) It's all context / intent m'darlin.

I just came back from my honeymoon so I have been abusing my pussy like a mofo.

In fact my downstairs neighbour complained that I was banging on the floors all weekend and I told him straight the only thing I was banging was the mattress so fuck off and complain somewhere else ;)

What makes me laugh is that most of people who take drugs are natural rebellious and have no time for rules but here we are on a forum that has rules

Unmoderated drug forums exist too. Matter of personal preference, I suppose.

I just came back from my honeymoon so I have been abusing my pussy like a mofo.

In fact my downstairs neighbour complained that I was banging on the floors all weekend and I told him straight the only thing I was banging was the mattress so fuck off and complain somewhere else ;)

true story bro. :|

I lost count how infractions I got in the Evad era but they never banned me

I only got infractions coz they knew I was right too!

that was a different system then darling. There is no ban button these days. Infractions are given usually because someone is out of order and being all nicey nicey didn't work the first many times. The more infractions you earn triggers a ban, it's totally out of our hands at that point.

As myself and Sadie explained above, we had a completely different system back when Moppers is referring to.

old system, not the new one. MOP is old school. Always a good thing <3

So they'd infract but not temp ban? What was the point? How did that work? When n why did it change? I'm real intrigued.

One thing that does frustrate me is when people complain about EADD now instead of enjoying it it doesn't feel nice if that makes sense? Not to try n irk anyone just my 2 penny's worth <3

Evey

Nope, it was cool back then

Even when you were being a pain in the arse you will still loved :D

again, remember good eccies.....

Also, back then infractions didn't mean the same because they didn't trigger temp bans. Now it takes a lot more to push a mod to infract someone because it may trigger a temp ban depending on the members past behaviour.

damn mods, police, government, etc

You appear to have a problem with authority. Perhaps a week on the sideline will correct your attitude?

Hey, accusing him of having an anti-authoritarian complex is foul play. Especially coming from the man who made the "Ask the police a question" thread.

Who on EADD DOESN'T have an anti-authoritarian complex? That's like, going to a KKK website and accusing one of the members of being racist. Well, d'uh...