• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Too quick to ban

How bored does one have to be to disrespect the dead for a net gain of zero?
8)

Didn't you get married last week busty?
Married life must be bliss, with you already posting your loungefail on EADD.

Maybe you realised what the rest of us have long been aware of...

How bored does one have to be to disrespect the dead for a net gain of zero?
8)

It's his method of asserting his maverick like tendencies, and he's been doing it for years now.

He's too good to follow rules, respect the dead etc... don't you know

I wonder if the perceived increase in bans may have something to do with the way the disciplinary and banning procedures changed completely between the "Golden Age" so many refer to (albeit a different period of EADD history being referred to depending on who is doing the referring) and now. Way back when mods actually did wield a banhammer but that hasn't really been the case for a long time now.

Years ago bans were decided by staff discussion. However careful people are about trying to remain as objective and fair as possible it was inevitable that biases and all manner of subjectiveness and random quirks of situation & circumstance will have also played a part. Presumably this was a big consideration behind switching to the current points-based system. Staff no longer have the option of simply banning somebody as the system is automated. Obviously we still decide whether to go for a PM warning, give and official warning, or issue an infraction - only the latter carries points and can thusly result in a ban.

I can only speak for EADD staff here but all that I have worked with over the years have made a real effort to deal with things via "soft" disciplinary options (ie anything short of infracting). I can't say that happens perfectly every single time cos mods are human too and have our off days, but I do know it is true in the vast majority of cases.

However, if a member has gotten to the stage where PMs and warnings are not working infractions will become the preferred option for any serious infringements. This is when somebody can get into a cycle of repeated tempbans because that is the way the points system works. Each new infraction triggers a tempban which gets longer each time - ten points and it becomes a permaban. In practice that is incredibly hard to get to though as points expire over time (although there is an option to add a permanent point in certain cases). Basically you'd have to go out of your way to ever reach permaban stage - takes a real concerted effort and there are many opportunities to get back to a clean record (pointswise) along the way.

All that aside, I totally agree with the point Sadie raises which has been noted many times over the years - the forum was indeed a lot friendlier (although certainly not to new members) in many ways when most of the regular posters were on eckies half the time. Nowadays there's barely any luvved-up posting and instead we have a lot more stims, opies & benzos as the DOC. Stands to reason things are going to be a lot more fractious, volatile and generally non-luvved-uppy really.

Thanks for the response Shambles. I was particularly reassured by the line: "I can only speak for EADD staff here but all that I have worked with over the years have made a real effort to deal with things via "soft" disciplinary options (ie anything short of infracting)." That is indeed how i remember things going w/e i may have stepped out of line. I've noticed that OD does not work like that, and issues bans on the spot for any posts perceived as unacceptable.

To make a more positive and balanced case for EADD i have to say that i have noticed that considerable allowances are made for members who may be going through a variety of personal issues. Even when their posts may cause a lot of heated discussion and conflict. The fact that the mods here generally know the members and what is their normal posting style, and know that when they are posting out of character that something bad is going down. Not that this is a free pass for members to say anything they like, as sometimes they will go too far, and their can be no excuse or defense and some action must be taken by the Mods. I've never been infracted by an EADD mod, but have been infracted twice by mods from the other subforums.

Basically I just really miss a number of former members that i got on really well with on here, who have all unfortunately been given permanent bans, or just left permanenty, or obviously worst of all - died. Hardly anyone on my original friends list is here anymore, maybe just 2 or 3 members out of 56 friends, that's quite some turnover in just 5 years.

All that aside, I totally agree with the point Sadie raises which has been noted many times over the years - the forum was indeed a lot friendlier (although certainly not to new members) in many ways when most of the regular posters were on eckies half the time. Nowadays there's barely any luvved-up posting and instead we have a lot more stims, opies & benzos as the DOC. Stands to reason things are going to be a lot more fractious, volatile and generally non-luvved-uppy really.

You heard the man, more pills everyone! <3

You heard the man, more pills everyone! <3

Yay. Now that I've been off ADs for 6 weeks and feel much better for it, I'll soon be able to start taking SR substances again. Hopefully the ADs will not have completely fucked up my serotonin receptors cos i have a little MDAI, 5apbd and 6apbd (if ive got the alphabetti right) which i acquired when it was available, but soon found that just taking a few days break from ADs was not enough. I gather that it can take up to a month, or perhaps even longer for the ADs and their after effects to leave your system.

It would be nice to have a SR high properly take off once again. Anyone else quit ADs and know how long it takes before you can enjoy SR substances again? If the things I already have work properly / as they are meant to once again, I'll probably be in search of the real thing / better compounds afterwards to enjoy on an occasional basis, as a change or novelty.

There should be no repeat of the 4FA disaster i had by taking just 2 or 3 days off ADs, something still went terribly wrong in my head, causing the most excruciating headache of my life. By sheer chance and luck the 4FA had not fully digested, and an opi painkiller made me vomit, which immediately lessened the intensity of the headache. Further vomiting totally cleared that one up.

By God I consider myself lucky in many ways, the number of close scrapes ive had and only by luck have i come through mostly intact and still in one piece at least.:\

Last edited: