• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

Ultram/tramadol ER(extended release) question

Have some ultram 200mg ER's. Usually I take 100-150mg of Ultram for a good buzz. I took one of these yesterday and it seemed a lot weaker most of the time. Was curious if taking 2 would be alright? I figure it'd just double the feelings I had before.

Also, is that 400mg cap a daily or at a time maximum. Like could you take more 12hours later and still be safe or is it just a bad idea (I never need that much but my GF has a way high tolerance on opiates).

Thanks. I did search but the only thing I found on ER's was one thread about someone who got switched from darvocets and it doesn't answer my question

the reason they felt "weaker" is because the drug is dispersed over a 12 hour period, rather than instantly. i would advise against taking 400mg ER if you've only got a 100-150mg tolerance. perhaps try crushing one of the Sr's to help accomodate it in becoming somewhat quicker in effect. tramadol can take up to a few hours before it metabolises into its active M1.

there's a great big thread in BDD on tramadol worth check out, so i'll merge this in there for you

First sign of tramadol tolerance: the otherwise lengthy high is now considerably shorter. That sucks. I used to be really motivated for hours on end on tramadol, no more, even at 400 mg per day. Or maybe it's the fact that I have switched to SR pills.

Curious, how long did it take for that to happen?

Weeks of use or months?

sweet thanks for moving it, I realized after i posted it may be in the wrong place. I'll add a vicoden to the mix, that helped out a lot yesterday

i forgot to mention not to pass the 400mg/day marl because of the seizure threshold of tramadol. once you reach that dose, chances of a seizure being induced increase.

also, i'd advics not to mix the two drugs together especially if you aren't very tolerant nor experienced with either drug. get used to experiencing each drug on it's own before combining them.

refrain from drinking alcohol on tramadol as well, as that increases the seizure risk. and if you're on any kind of SSRI/SNRI do not take them at all, which i'm assuming you aren't by your first post.

tramadol is an a-typical opioid, not your ordinary painkiller, while it works the mu receptors after it's metabolised into M1 it also works on seretonin. do some research on the drug to better understand it:)

good luck

Sry if this has already been answered but I'm looking for firsthand experiance from someone that takes it while subjected to drug testes. I've googled it and the general concensus is that it shouldn't give u a positive test result for codein. Anyone have any experiance one way or the other as Elgar as that's concerned. Thx.

BC: Over a year, actually, of on and off use. It's funny, when it stops working, it seems very easy to get off. I have been off it for 2 days now, without any problems at all. I did stop my run early on, because I didn't get the wanted effects, so maybe that helped.

Word of advice: Do not pass the 400 mg a day limit. Not just because of the increased risk of seizures, but because it will be a lot harder to get off it. I was tempted to go beyond the 400 mg limit but didn't do it, and I think that made it a lot easier for me to quit.

Last edited:
Sry if this has already been answered but I'm looking for firsthand experiance from someone that takes it while subjected to drug testes. I've googled it and the general concensus is that it shouldn't give u a positive test result for codein. Anyone have any experiance one way or the other as Elgar as that's concerned. Thx.

tramadol's metabolites are not codeine or morphine which would be detected on a test for codeine. However tramadol has been a drug of abuse for long enough to be one that might be tested for. There is really only one way to tell, and that is to find out what types of drugs are being tested for. I have read that it is not tested for, though i can not answer for certain. I would think that because it is not scheduled it is not tested for, though this is just a supposition.

Word of advice: Do not pass the 400 mg a day limit. Not just because of the increased risk of seizures, but because it will be a lot harder to get off it. I was tempted to go beyond the 400 mg limit but didn't do it, and I think that made it a lot easier for me to quit.

This is a large part of why i quit. I was taking 400mg a day just to feel normal. I wanted to get high on it but was not willing to risk a seizure or worse WD effects when i did not take it.

Tramadol breaks down into about 5 different metabolites in your system, but it is not a true opiate so no opiates in your urine. A 13 panel test is about as high as they go for drug tests and these test for thc, cocaine, pcp opiates methamphethamines methadone amphetamines barbituates benzos oxycodone mdma propoxyphene phencyclidine tricyclic antidepressants.buprenorphine Most tests are much more basic, but atleast you know you're covered for even the most comprehensive search since none of the metabolites fall into any of these catagories.. So, you should be safe..

Last edited:
Tramadol breaks down into about 5 different metabolites in your system, but it is not a true opiate so no opiates in your urine. A 13 panel test is about as high as they go for drug tests and these test for thc, cocaine, pcp opiates methamphethamines methadone amphetamines barbituates benzos oxycodone mdma propoxyphene phencyclidine tricyclic antidepressants.buprenorphine Most tests are much more basic, but atleast you know you're covered for even the most comprehensive search since none of the metabolites fall into any of these catagories.. So, you should be safe..

The only thing i think that the poster would have to worry about would be if their urine is being tested by a GC/MS. I'm not sure that anyone uses them for testing...maybe government or military jobs?

Excuse me if I sound like an idiot. But is it safe to take two 50 mg trams now, and two 5 mg Percs about about 5-6 hours from now?

I just took 150mg which was my usual dose after my anxiety attack making me scared shitless of even caffeine, and this was the last time since...like 2 months I did it last? Well I didn't get my euphoria like I use to and might be because I've done vicodin and oxycodone, but I just took another 50mg and if I get no euphoria I'll most likely be done with it unless it's cheap and cost effective...though I'd have to get at least 200mg I'm sure.

This is my experience, I use to love it but now I'm worried my old effects won't come back, /sigh. lol it's funny cause everyone around here says it's a placebo effect and the only thing people would use it for is headaches XD

Edit: I took 3 every day for like 4 days and on the 5th I needed an additional 50mg to reach that effect but that was with built tolerance and all my opiate usaged is based on the equivalent to 3 trams which is what I was most comfortable with.

yes. yes, yes, yes to all you said. i take the exact same dose.... maybe every 2nd day, at night before I go to sleep. I use them to calm my anxieties and completely relax and fall asleep (and stay asleep... long enough too). It is the most effective solution to insomnia that I could get ahold of. Of course I had to get it while in Peru... because in Canada you need prescription and there you don't. When people (like you) say they take tramadol anytime BEFORE the night or when they're intending to fall asleep I'm at a lose of comprehension. Because to me these are sleep pills. Not something you use to stay awake and go about your activities and be happy, something to make you drunk with joy and peace and forces you to turn off for 12 hours. So please explain me why you take this in the morning. And how you can stay awake! I don't see or understand the benefit of taking it after you wake up.... all I could see is it making you extremely dizzy and nausiated.
I have taken 2 X 50mg each morning as soon as i have got out of bed for the last 4 years. I do not take sat and sun. I would struggle to do my job now without them. If I awake groggy I am immediately stimulated and feel happy. This lasts all day. Trams are the best value for money tabs EVER - no other 'similar' med lasts as long. I never have trouble sleeping EVER and do not suffer discomfort sat or sun. Love em to bits.

MEPERIDINE..CAPSULE.. does anyone else know what excatally this is and is it worth taking ??????? it is a red capsule with the letter V 4206.... i have some and i tried opening the capsule and snorting it, it hurt like heck..... but i think i like it i dont know would like to find out anyone else taking this medication and get feed back on what is in it , and whats the best way to take it... please respond.. i am not sure how to check if someone resopned so it anyway u could like send to email or something like that .. hookertia!gmail thanks so much

MEPERIDINE..CAPSULE.. does anyone else know what excatally this is and is it worth taking ??????? it is a red capsule with the letter V 4206.... i have some and i tried opening the capsule and snorting it, it hurt like heck..... but i think i like it i dont know would like to find out anyone else taking this medication and get feed back on what is in it , and whats the best way to take it... please respond.. i am not sure how to check if someone resopned so it anyway u could like send to email or something like that .. hookertia!gmail thanks so much

it's not a good idea to be sniffing random pills. Pills are intended to be taken orally and the crap in pills could be damaging to your nasal cavities or lungs. Some drugs aren't even active nasally, so even if you aren't getting hurt from it you may just be wasting it.

This sounds like promethizine or phenregan. its an antihistamine drug given to people with nausea it would make you tired at best. I don't find it to have really any recreational use on its own. But in combination with oxycodone or codeine it makes them stronger, well more smackier (like sleepy).

you can read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethazine

I've got to say I've taken tramadol occasionally for about a year, and I've always found it a unique opioid. Its not too sedating, so it allows me to be a little bit more social, sort of similar to the effect of kratom. Also, I really enjoy the initial SNRI glow, which gives this drug a special flavor.

Definitely shouldn't be taken above 400 mg though; I've never had any really bad effects from it in reasonable doses, but a seizure is not something to take lightly. Also blends very nicely with diphen, poppy pod tea, and is very nice after a small amount of alcohol. Pretty enoyable if one plays it safe, IMO.

I've got to say I've taken tramadol occasionally for about a year, and I've always found it a unique opioid. Its not too sedating, so it allows me to be a little bit more social, sort of similar to the effect of kratom. Also, I really enjoy the initial SNRI glow, which gives this drug a special flavor.

Definitely shouldn't be taken above 400 mg though; I've never had any really bad effects from it in reasonable doses, but a seizure is not something to take lightly. Also blends very nicely with diphen, poppy pod tea, and is very nice after a small amount of alcohol. Pretty enoyable if one plays it safe, IMO.

The first time i ever took tramadol I took 3 100mg ER tabs. It was way too much, only i didn't know it was XR. It was taking forever to come on and i decided to kick it in with a smoke. I FELT like I could seize at any moment. I got so damn tense. It was really not enjoyable. Ever since then I have been very careful with all new drugs about easing into them and start of small and work my way up to larger doses when i feel comfortable with its effects and strength.

@rainbowdemon
You should be ok. 10mg of oxy and 100mg of tramadol isn't a lot. Especially if spaced out. Unless of course you have absolutely no tolerance at all, but even then you should be ok.
I wish I could still even feel amounts that small.