• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

Bignbrown: it is more likely you are experiencing anxiety or a panic attack. Tramadol can do that to you.

actually im worried i may have had a partial seizure which according to wikipedia can be a partial numbness/tingling feeling which i have got on my face!

I had 3 grand mal seizures because of OD on Tramadol, and from my point of view, you are [not] having any seizure; it's probably another side effect of Tramadol, I would try taking a simple Aspirin before the Tramadol.

tramadol seems to give me alot of tingling kind of pins and needle sort of feelings, esp on the come up, anyone else find this?

Yes, specially on the come up, but once you have the drug in your system it's no big deal; actually it starts to feel nice and warm.

GBL or codiene when it kicks in.

One to approach with extreme caution that. GBL potentiates opiates/opioids massively and to a dangerous degree. Not a combo to fuck with unless you have a lot of experience with both drugs and even then it'll drop you like a sack o' shit if you overdo the dosing even a smidge. Damn near killed me combining GBL and codeine (with no thought or intent of potentiation) before I knew how strongly they interact :|

Sorry I should of mentioned that, good ol shambles :)

Man im down to my last 10 pack, want 8 for the weekend, which leaves me 100mg today and tommorow for work.

I seem to benefit from the SRRI/SNRI effects alot as im feeling real shit without 100mgs today. Normal AD's don't agree whatsoever with me.

Grrr 400mgs doses FTW.

One to approach with extreme caution that. GBL potentiates opiates/opioids massively and to a dangerous degree. Not a combo to fuck with unless you have a lot of experience with both drugs and even then it'll drop you like a sack o' shit if you overdo the dosing even a smidge. Damn near killed me combining GBL and codeine (with no thought or intent of potentiation) before I knew how strongly they interact :|

gbl and heroin nearly killed me.

^ I bet. Don't think the interaction between GBL/GHB and opies is too well known so well worth mentioning cos it's frightening how strongly it potentiates them. I had no idea at all and it could very easily have proved fatal - and that was just with codeine let alone a stronger opiate.

Lazygit: I try to stay below 400mg myself. Once tolerance goes up to around 300mg to feel fine I taper down a bit and just put up with feeling a bit bleeeurgh for a while. Given my penchant for cocktails I like to stay well clear of the seizure threshold - plus it's not so uncomfortable if I want to skip it so I can indulge in stims/psyches instead. If the dose has gotten too high that's not so easy - the one big problem I have with trams is the way the make playing with other chemical friends a real pain in the arse :\

It's also the only antidepressant med that I've found that not only works but doesn't have so many horribly shitty side-effects that it defeats the object of taking it in the first place. If it didn't make playing with virtually every other fun drug a massive arse-ache it would be nigh on perfect. Hopefully somebody will get around to creating something that does all the Good stuff that tram can without fucking with the ability to use more fun stuff at the same time sometime soon :)

may aswell finish my last 200mg, not sure whether to space out the doses or just at once, hmmm./

Also i have 60mg codeine i can mix in, does this increase the seizure threshold any further?

A metric fucktonne of them :|

Tramadol Interactions

As for non-prescription drugs, serotonergics are the most dodgy, I believe. In very broad terms that means pretty much any stimulants and psychedelics (MDMA, meth/amphetamine, DXM, LSD and so on) with some exceptions, of course. It's probably easier to come up with a list of drugs it doesn't interact with :\

Other CNS depressants are also risky of course, but Serotonin Syndrome is a real risk combining it with stims/psyches - a potentially fatal one at that. Or at best several hours of pure hell, agony and delirium. Won't happen every time (probably relatively rare) but you really don't want to be one of the unlucky ones. Caught me out which is why I mention it a lot. I had no idea of the SS risk and would have never thought it'd happen to me anyway. It did though - but thankfully only the Night From Hell rather than the waking up dead version :|

gbl feels like a strong opiate anyway

fuck this i just dont feel coemfortable with this drug, i had 100mg, planning on dropping the other 100mg in a few minutes, but then i just got pain in my head (this has happened a few times on tramadol) like a sudden sharp pin prick in my head that doesnt go away for a few minutes, also been getting these pains in my legs and it only happens on tramadol.

Agree totally shambles. So annoying stratergizing what chems I can and can't do within my Tram regime.

Ad's are utter shite, I haven't tried effexor which is ment to be like tram but don't want to neglect the occasional MD sesh etc.

Wings..you can't do much on tram, or a long while after it (24 hours ideally) ... cokes lethal, mdma, drone, psychs etc and other sertonogenics. Sure someone else will be more comprehensive but ive not long had gbl+codiene (CAUTION!) If i feel in my limits i'll have 60mgs codiene at the peak (co-codamols) the apap and gbl isn't wise but meh..then later on when aalls resided benzos.

Shambles what doses was your near fatal GBL+Codiene combo?

I have only used benzos (lots of them) when on tramadol, plus antihistamines and modafinil on occasion. Never thought about using anything else - why would I. I see the problem if you're on ADs, of course.

I have only used benzos (lots of them) when on tramadol, plus antihistamines and modafinil on occasion. Never thought about using anything else - why would I. I see the problem if you're on ADs, of course.

Codiene synergizes very well on a tram/benzo combos as does other opiates...

Its mostly when tolerance develops and you're trying to get the honeymoon buzz.

As said before extreme caution should be taken when mixing downers and such, its never really been a problem for me but it seemingly has done for others and one day I might find out for myself :\

Shambles what doses was your near fatal GBL+Codiene combo?

Dunno how near to being fatal it was but felt pretty darn close - one of the very few times I've felt that emergency medical attention might be needed at any moment. Fortunately not though. Was on 300mg of codeine (fairly average low-moderate dose for me) and 1.5 ml of GBL (again, fairly average and towards the lower end of my standard dose). Felt very uncomfortable - heart racing/palpitations, difficulty breathing, right on the edge of losing consciousness and generally not a happy bunny. If I'd had any idea of the interactions I would have been a lot more cautious but had never seen or heard it mentioned anywhere before.

gbl feels like a strong opiate anyway

You're not the first to say that but as far as I know it acts on GABA (and presumably the GHB receptor) but not on the opioid receptors, as far as I know.

Given my penchant for cocktails I like to stay well clear of the seizure threshold - plus it's not so uncomfortable if I want to skip it so I can indulge in stims/psyches instead. If the dose has gotten too high that's not so easy - the one big problem I have with trams is the way the make playing with other chemical friends a real pain in the arse :\

this was my main reason for getting off tramadol. Besides the fact that i was disgustingly abusing it and had developed a nasty addiction; I was completely unable to stop even for a day to enjoy MDMA or any other substance. When i would stop for a day prior to a roll all i could think about the whole time was when i was gonna take tramadol again. In fact every time i rolled i was dosing my tram before the MDMA even wore off. I sent my self into serotonin syndrome once like that, One and only time MDMA was not fun. I was miserable for hours and scared i wasnt gonna make it out of that one.