• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

Interesting
Are you sure your tramadol was "orginal"? I mean produced by legit drug companies?

well over that time i was sourcing it from multiple places. Some of them were marketed by certified US companies and obtained legitimately. But during my heaviest use it came from the Philippines in non-original packaging but if it was counterfeit they did a superb job.

I am new to BL, and came here due to tramadol. I didn't read this thread before making this post. Been taking this med for close to 10 years, and a regular user for the past 7 years. I really got to the point where I much preferred tramadol over hydro. The thing about tramadol is that it works very good for some, and not for others, causing some problems for them such as nauseous. From the first pill of this stuff I knew that I had something that would do the trick! This stuff just makes me happier, and more willing to get involved in things. Of course the downside is TOLERANCE:( Where 200mg's would do the trick at first, I am now up to 1500 to 1600 mg's a day, and I have read reports of people doing 2000mg's. My goal is to get down to 20, then go down from there. I'm not sure that I even envision quitting altogether.

I am new to BL, and came here due to tramadol. I didn't read this thread before making this post. Been taking this med for close to 10 years, and a regular user for the past 7 years. I really got to the point where I much preferred tramadol over hydro. The thing about tramadol is that it works very good for some, and not for others, causing some problems for them such as nauseous. From the first pill of this stuff I knew that I had something that would do the trick! This stuff just makes me happier, and more willing to get involved in things. Of course the downside is TOLERANCE:( Where 200mg's would do the trick at first, I am now up to 1500 to 1600 mg's a day, and I have read reports of people doing 2000mg's. My goal is to get down to 20, then go down from there. I'm not sure that I even envision quitting altogether.

wow those are really high amounts. Have you ever had a seizure from tramadol?

edgewise1, can you tell me more about the Tramadol you mainly deal with? That is, laboratory, imprint, mg, IV or tablet? etc
Thanks in advance, dog

I took some trams today. 200mg then 20 mg oxycontin. Either of those on its own is nothing but combined I felt like I had a mild/moderate dose of OC on its own. The tram seemed to enhance the other. Perhaps I should keep this in mind to save up my oc's...could be a money saver.

Anyone else find that trams enhance other opiates or use trams in combination with others to stretch their stash ?

yeah i find that tramadol and codeine goes together quite nicely :)

i take 100mg codeine with 150mg of tramadol

feels really nice - since tramadol is more than just a mu receptor agonist , i find the effects to be synergistic . im sure that the tramadol potentiates the codeine - and vice versa.

happy days :D

MD, I've never had a seizure. Carpaljets, mainly the generics, imprinted AN 627, for the past couple years. Before that there were other brands, which I do not recall at the moment. I would like to try some name brand Ultram again as it has been 8 years since I 've had any. The cost is just so high that I can't justify getting them.

Anyone else seem to always have issues with dosing? God, I get my script I take 200mg, I puke. Later that month, tolerance, I take 300mg and I'm fine. The next day I bump it up to like 400mg. And I puke.
It seems like there are 2 evils, not getting high enough and puking.
I guess by looking at this I seem to choose puking.

Surely, I can't be alone in this...

No, you are not.
I'm pretty sure this comes with all opiates to some point.
Have some ginger handy to ward off this nausea you have gotten from the tram, you should be fine.

A great remedy for nausea is an anti-emetic antihistamine. For example, Promathezine, a 1. generation AH with sedative properties. Or a newer AH if you don't want the sedation.

I always found that if i was gonna take a high dose I needed to eat a small bit of food prior to taking it. Tramadol does not seem to be effected by food as far as absorption into the blood stream. Also while i was using tramadol i was eating small meals about once every two hours. If i would go longer than 2-3 hours with out food i would begin to feel nausea.

I took some trams today. 200mg then 20 mg oxycontin. Either of those on its own is nothing but combined I felt like I had a mild/moderate dose of OC on its own. The tram seemed to enhance the other. Perhaps I should keep this in mind to save up my oc's...could be a money saver.

Anyone else find that trams enhance other opiates or use trams in combination with others to stretch their stash ?

YES! this is my new favorite combo and second only to E.

Here is my schedule (I normally take 20mg of hydro).

00 50mg tram (orally)
+1hr 50mg tram (orally) and plug 15mg hydro
+2hr 50mg tram (orally)

long lasting happy high. As it gets closer to bedtime, smoke a bunch o'weed and go off into a happy sleep.

I also find that I am still feeling great the next morning! And it's even fun to exercise--(an hour of cardio, with no pain or fatigue!)

Last edited:
I try to add weed with it once I'm a few hours into it and that helps too.

If you are plugging, otherwise I try up. It just seems to be that way with some drugs, does eating or not even matter at this point. And yes, even if you plug...you can throw up. Nature can be cruel. lol

I also have a hard time eating on tramadol. But if I eat prior to taking it, I also have no nausea. When I do get nauseated, I can usually lie down for 15 or 20 minutes and it will pass.

yes i find it potentiates my codeine nicely - tramadol buzz seems to last much longer than codeine.

** (see below)
i take almost 100mg of codeine
(2 co-codamol 30/500 rx [30mg codeine and 500mg apap and 3 Neurofen plus OTC [200mg ibuprofen and 12.8mg codeine] )
so : 30+30+(3 x 12.8 ) = 98.4mg

and 150mg of tramadol (3x50mg)

sometimes i take 200mg of tramadol :)

**this way im only taking 1000mg of apap(which is safe max dose)
and 600mg of ibuprofen (which is again a safe max dose - a doc can prescribe this ammount)

its a great combo - courtesy of the nhs

having sciatica has its good points :)

edgewise1 said:
I also have a hard time eating on tramadol. But if I eat prior to taking it, I also have no nausea. When I do get nauseated, I can usually lie down for 15 or 20 minutes and it will pass.

yeah but i take codeine with the tramadol and i dont want to affect absorbtion..... i find the best way to get around it is to eat like an hour before so at least i dont affect absortion too much and im unlikely to be hungry for the next 2-3 hours :)

Last edited:
yes i find it potentiates my codeine nicely - tramadol buzz seems to last much longer than codeine.

** (see below)
i take almost 100mg of codeine
(2 co-codamol 30/500 rx [30mg codeine and 500mg apap and 3 Neurofen plus OTC [200mg ibuprofen and 12.8mg codeine] )
so : 30+30+(3 x 12.8 ) = 98.4mg

and 150mg of tramadol (3x50mg)

sometimes i take 200mg of tramadol :)

**this way im only taking 1000mg of apap(which is safe max dose)
and 600mg of ibuprofen (which is again a safe max dose - a doc can prescribe this ammount)

its a great combo - courtesy of the nhs

having sciatica has its good points :)

yeah but i take codeine with the tramadol and i dont want to affect absorbtion..... i find the best way to get around it is to eat like an hour before so at least i dont affect absortion too much and im unlikely to be hungry for the next 2-3 hours :)

You may only be taking safe amounts of the two OTC analgesics but you are taking them at the same time and while taking tramadol and codeine together. Wile you are taking with in the safe limits of each drug individually, you are mixing them all together which is making your liver have to work hard to do its job. I do not think it is wise to combine the max dose of two different analgesics simultaneously, let alone adding tramadol and codeine to the mix.

^its funny you should say that moral decay

i was just wondering about this myself

does anyone please have any substantiated proof if taking tramadol in high doses causes liver damage ?

taking apap 1000mg with 600mg ibuprofen is pretty harmless (according to my doc whom i trust)

codeine does not harm the liver in therupeutic doses and only on extremely high recreational doses.( i have it on a very reliable source ) .

opiates/opioids in general do not damage any of the internal organs in therupeutic doses and only on extremely high recreation ones.

tramadol though im not so sure... its not a classic opioid and has ssri and snri actions as well as nmda antagonistic actions so....

i would be interested to hear any comments but most importantly backed up data - which shows abouts tramadols effects on the liver?

baring in the mind they prescribe codeine with the tylenol series 1, 2 ,3 4 (4 contains 60mg codeine per 500mg tablet - so taking two of these is 120mg codeine and 1000mg apap!!) - i really am not concerned about taking the doses of codeine i have explained with 1 gram of apap - and like i said its safe to take this with 600mg ibuprofen)

but i really am concerned and interested about tramadols affects on the liver....

the web shows nothing about tramadol doing liver damage......

Last edited:
^^ I don't know that it is safe to combine the max single dose of ibuprofen with the max safe dose of apap. I was told by my doc not to take them together. He said i should space them out by two hours. I am under the impression that the two together is causing the liver to work hard. I would imagine that if you do this all the time it would cause problems, though I think that occasionally it should be ok.

I do not think that codeine is damaging to the liver on its own. As you said I'm not sure of the danger to the liver from tramadol. But taking all four of those drugs HAS to be taxing on teh liver.

We need medical professionals or a resident doctor to become active on BL.

^its funny you should say that moral decay

i was just wondering about this myself

does anyone please have any substantiated proof if taking tramadol in high doses causes liver damage ?

but i really am concerned and interested about tramadols affects on the liver....

the web shows nothing about tramadol doing liver damage......

I have researched this extensively myself, and have found nothing to substantiate claims about liver or kidney damage from pure tramadol (not the ultracet crap).

If anyone has any information to the contrary, please share.

I have researched this extensively myself, and have found nothing to substantiate claims about liver or kidney damage from pure tramadol (not the ultracet crap).

If anyone has any information to the contrary, please share.

but what about the combination of all four of freeman's drugs? That is the part im wondering. Yes they are safe taken singularly; is the combination healthy for the liver? After all this is a harm minimalization forum. lets minimize some harm if we can.