• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

Are you taking 300-400mg a day or 3 doses of 400mg a day? Three doses of 400mg a day would be ALOT of tram. I'v been on a bit of a binge myself lately, but now I'm almost out! I'm trying to decide if I want to take my last good dose tonight or if I want to wait and take if with some poppy seed tea tomorrow.

I think you can get Tramadol in mexico w/o a script, so next time I'm down there I'm picking up some more!

does tramadol still work with other opiates?

I would get strange effects when mixing it with other drugs and i never actually took them at the same time. For example; if i took a recreational dose of codeine, sobered up and went to bed and then the next day take tramadol i would get the most intense tramadol high. But if i took recreational tramadol doses then sobered up and took opiates i would get little to no effect from teh traditional opiates like codeine hydro or oxy. Almost like the tramadol in my system muted the ability to get high on opiates. And opiates in my system intensified my ability to get high on tramadol.

Usually, it's the other way around. If you take stronger opiates than tramadol, tramadol will stop working. But of course, there is cross-tolerance.

Usually, it's the other way around. If you take stronger opiates than tramadol, tramadol will stop working. But of course, there is cross-tolerance.

I don't think you quite understood my statement. I am talking about taking them on the same day. If i take the traditional opiates in the morning then the tram at night(on the same day) the tram high was strong, like i would get way more pronounced visual disturbances like what i get from really high doses of tram. But if i took like tram in the morning, and then some codeine or hydro at night; I would get almost nothing from from the hydro or codeine.

Uh, sometimes my vision gets a little blurry and nodding you can start seeing stuff in your head and randomly talking about them.

I think that is psychoactive as it can get close to.

Life Saver

Okay well here's my life story! I too first discovered Tramadol by accident. My dad suffered a work related injury and has been prescribed increasing amounts of narcotic painkillers - Tramadol, Vicodin, and OxyContin. Well, I suffer from migraines quite often and one day we ran out of Tylenol and Aspirin and my dad was too lazy to run to the local pharmacy to buy some more so he irresponsibly gave me one of his 50mg Tramadol pills. In my ignorance toward opiates I just figured it would be another painkillers like aspirin or Tylenol but more effective in relieving pain. I was wrong.

About twenty minutes after taking the pill I noticed that I was feeling differently. Not only was my migraine completely gone, I was feeling relaxed and my mood was hugely increased. I still didn't contribute these feelings to the drug I had just taken. I welcomed these feelings though as they were helping me to forget about all my problems, and soon I didn't have a care in the world. Within another twenty minutes I was extremely relaxed, my legs were tingly, and I was on the nod. Although at the time I had no idea what the "nod" was.

Eventually I managed to stumble my way over to my bed from my laptop and I passed out as happy as I had ever been in my life. I woke up about 2 hours later and I was still buzzing. This was the best feeling I had ever felt in my life. Even my social anxiety was gone, and I called up a few friends just to talk. They were surprised by my sudden outgoingness. For awhile I even thought I was cured of my anxiety and depression (I've suffered from both since I was 13). I went to bed truly happy that night and woke up after one of the best sleeps I have ever had. It was around this time though that I realized it must have been the pill I took the day before. What the hell was this godly drug I had taken? When I was home alone I rummaged through my dad's things until I found his pills. Tramadol. I went online and looked it up and found so much more. I didn't take Tramadol for awhile and it never occurred to me that I could steal a few of his pills and he'd never notice. But I had another migraine about a week later and we still had no Tylenol or Aspirin so my dad gave me another.

However this time I was hesitant to take it. So I saved it and just let the migraine go away on it's own. I had it for around a month before I decided to use it, this time just for fun. Again the feelings returned, same as before. This drug was a life saver! I decided to then steal a few and save them or occasions when I would need to quell my anxiety or get myself out of a depressive slump. Over the course of 4 months I began to use increasing amounts more and more regularly along with other opiates such as Hydrocodone and Oxycodone. However, even though Tramadol is weaker than these other opiates, it remains my favorite. The body high lasts longer, it's somewhat smoother in that is doesn't give me the "brain fog" I get with Hydrocodone, and it's got a longer lasting euphoria at least in my experience, than Hydro or Oxy. I now use it about once or twice every week.

It's on the end of the rainbow. The left one. You can also get tramadol retard by killing monks (5 for one gram).
You didn't read the forum rules, did you?!
;)

when i redose, i seem to get a slight uncomfortable 'coming up' sort of feeling for about 15 minutes which then goes into a nice relaxing, energetic high with a greaet sense of well being.

Anyone else get this, kind of like my mind is feeling a bit over speedy and i feel a bit tense/tingly.

Also how does xanax mix wit this? its the only benzo i can get my hands on and i take it is an anti-convulsent too? i only need 150-200mg of tramadol for a nice buzz, what would xanax add to it and what sort of doses? I have fairly high benzo tolerance but am aware i need to keep it low, but tramadol doesnt supress breathing anywhere near other opiates.

Tramadol potentiation and plasmatic levels

Hi guys,

I have been doing Tramadol since two years (I have a love/hate relationship with this drug), and I have noticed that the best way to increase the pleasurable effects of it, it's to increase the plasmatic levels of the drug in the blood little by little, giving the liver, and based in the quantity of alleles you naturally have, enough time to produce more CYP2D6 enzymes, thus converting more Tramadol into O-Desmethyl.
Well, I know Tramadol doesn't work like Codeine, I have tried stuff like grapefruit and Quinine which seems to work a little with Codeine but not with Tramadol; so usually, I do Tramadol, benzodiazepines (generally Bromazepam or Alprazolam) and Carisoprodol, which is so far, the best potentiator of this drug that I have found.
My question is: does somebody know if there really is another way to potentiate Tramadol, aside from taking more of it? this could be translated to, is there a way to increase the Tramadol -> O-Desmetyhl conversion percentage?

Thanks in advance.

codeine shits all over lame tramadol IMO.

I'd say quite the opposite. It takes TONS Of codeine to feel high/pleasure. With Tramadol the dose is always decent and the high lasts MUCH longer, IME.

How did "I" get my tramadol?
I had it prescribed to me for migraines earlier this year. It worked great ! I am thinking about going in for an MRI to see if there is anything more serious going on, as well as other scans. If not, sticking to monthly tram scripts as my migraines are fairly normal.

Last edited:
Excuse me, I forgot, another drug that relatively speaking potentiates Tramadol is Caffeine. Tramadol with some Coca-Cola or Pepsi gets the drug into my system better than any other drink.

GBL or codiene when it kicks in. Little stomache content and a hot coffee seem to work best here.

Some pople say baclofen potents, which at low dose it sometimes does.

I norm take benzos too however too much can take away the effects, xanax is best imo or diazepam.

Excuse me, I forgot, another drug that relatively speaking potentiates Tramadol is Caffeine. Tramadol with some Coca-Cola or Pepsi gets the drug into my system better than any other drink.

oh definitely. The whole time i was on tramadol i drank mountain dew constantly. I took my morning dose of tramadol with coffee. Always brought it on with strong rushes. At night i would avoid the caffeine and take them with herb instead. Uppers in the morning, downers at night. Not that weed is a downer but in combination with tramadol it lends itself well to sleep.

tramadol seems to give me alot of tingling kind of pins and needle sort of feelings, esp on the come up, anyone else find this?

actually im worried i may have had a partial seizure which according to wikipedia can be a partial numbness/tingling feeling which i have got on my face!

I find that caffeine (and other stims, like modafinil), makes for a very speedy/anxious experience, that often overpowers the opioid effects of tramadol. When that happens, I have to take more benzos than usual to calm down.

Delphinen, what are your dosages these days? I remember you took about 700 mg for a good night, plus the downers, right?