• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Short Acting Psychedelics Thread

Surely differing methods of administration change the duration, amirite?

Insufflation of 2C's (for example) make them more intense, but a much quicker duration overall. Same with smoked.

^I believe so, I have never n will nevr snort a 2c-x though....

Unfortunately there's a problem with short durations on any psychedelic, and that is that they tend to get stronger and faster in effects as the duration shrinks. So if you're looking for an easy ride... I dunno, start tripping on anything normally through oral and then abort it with an antipsychotic? lulz

^That's what i was thinking months ago, using an anti-psy to abort it after a few hours, only problem is i can't seem to find any anti-psys anywhere ever.

Keep an eye out on the rc market for bk 2c analogues, as far as I know there is nothing out as of yet, but there isn't any reason why they couldn't be made, apparently they are active, and the BK might drop the duration.

In my trials with 4-HO-Dipt (aka iprocin... 4-HO-MIPT = miprocin... stupid I know), I never went below 12mg. In all of my experiences however, the total duration of the trip lasted somewhere around 5 hours till i was back at baseline. One other thing to note is that, IME, 4-ho-dipt is fairly easy on the mind and doesn't have as much of a tendancy to bug you out like some other psychedelics. I don't remember ever getting that "I wish i wasn't high anymore I just want to be normal again" feeling from 4-ho-dipt. It was fairly enjoyable all around.

StagnantReaction said:
Unfortunately there's a problem with short durations on any psychedelic, and that is that they tend to get stronger and faster in effects as the duration shrinks. So if you're looking for an easy ride... I dunno, start tripping on anything normally through oral and then abort it with an antipsychotic? lulz

Yeah, with a lot of tryptamines the duration is inversely proportional to the actual intensity. So at one end we have the alpha alkylated tryptamines, which are pretty easy going and not too much of a wrench; at the other DMT/5-MeODMT, both of which, we all know (or at least should!) are best described as short sharp shocks of the psychedelic kind, involving a total ejection of concensus reality from the brain for anything up to 10 minutes with average full on doses

Yopo is pretty nice. Just tried it. It gives nice visuals and some hallunications, and lasts about 30-60min.

I'm not sure how viable a solution this would be, but could you take your preferred psychadelic then when it got to the point at which you wished to stop you could take an ssri and benzo to effectively end the trip.

I heard yopo makes u see insects, snakes, etc. :\

Not my cup of tea.

Don't SSRIs make you prone to having a seizure while on psychedelics, IlostaMadge?

Cface said:
I heard yopo makes u see insects, snakes, etc. :\

Not my cup of tea.

Don't SSRIs make you prone to having a seizure while on psychedelics, IlostaMadge?

No insects or snakes seen :(
Smoke, moving objects, blue vision, big and tall feeling, and ofc "feeling psychedelic", those are effect that I got from 3 Anadenanthera colubrina seeds, snorted with calcium hydroxide

As some of the others say, 2C-B intranasal is quite a short experience if you use a small to moderate dose (~5 mg.) 4-AcO-DiPT intranasal is also quite short-acting. If these for some reason are too long acting for your taste, I would suggest smokeable psychedelics. I figure most of the chemicals out there can be used this way if they're freebases.

And if you're not afraid of needles as I am, you can always IV =D

Maybe you should just take less of a drug to get the effects you want. If you dont want a trip to cover your field of vision completely you shouldnt take high doses. The only things you will see are the trails ,the walls and carpets move etc. on low doses of a hallucinogen.

try looking into different strains of shrooms, it does make a difference. ive had shrooms that blasted me outa this world but only for about 4 hours

Ne0 said:
No insects or snakes seen :(
Smoke, moving objects, blue vision, big and tall feeling, and ofc "feeling psychedelic", those are effect that I got from 3 Anadenanthera colubrina seeds, snorted with calcium hydroxide

Tell me, do you have to snort it to get effects? I grounded the seeds and mixed them with limestone and then held them under my tongue. And that was a lot more than 3 seeds. Felt nothing. Is snorthing the only way to go with Yopo?

Mjäll said:
Tell me, do you have to snort it to get effects? I grounded the seeds and mixed them with limestone and then held them under my tongue. And that was a lot more than 3 seeds. Felt nothing. Is snorthing the only way to go with Yopo?
Only snorting and smoking works. Smoking gives milder effects, you need to snort it to get full effects.

IlostaMadge said:
I'm not sure how viable a solution this would be, but could you take your preferred psychadelic then when it got to the point at which you wished to stop you could take an ssri and benzo to effectively end the trip.

This is absolutely terrible advice on so many levels, for pharmacological, physiological, psychological reasons. You name it. Please don't post things like this before thinking them through.

Cface said:
And salvia is lame, i never trip on it, i just feel mildly dissociated with a touch of negative body load such as hot flashes and prickles on my skin.

I'd give Salvia another try, but research how to smoke it properly to ensure you BREAKTHROUGH. You only reached threshold effects. Try a torch lighter to make sure you get it burning hot enough and make sure to hold the hits in for as long as you can 30+ seconds.