• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Short Acting Psychedelics Thread

Good luck. Why does it have to be so short and why do you have to sniff it. The fastest acting and shortest hallucinogen would be freebase DMT. But you have to smoke it. Other than that psychedelics last at least 4+ hours like 4 ho met, 2c e , 25b nbome.
Mabey dpt? You can sniff it and its shorter than 4 hours but dpt is some Wierd shit and not my cup of tea.

I would like it to be short as I don't have the time these days to dedicate that much time to psychadelics like LSD/mescaline (although they are wonderful).
Snorting is preferred simply because I am not really in a position to smoke anything, and I don't fancy injection.
I have tried DMT but I was looking for something that was more along the lines of traditional psychadelics like LSD that modify your surroundings; DMT seems to create entirely new ones.

I have not heard of or tried DPT but I will check it out as you and a few others suggested it.

Please check out this thread dedicated to short acting psychedelics (onset tends to be fast included):

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=385625

Thanks, I didn't see this thread, though I did look through the stickies. Must have missed it.

they say 5meo-dalt and 5meo-malt .
Only ever tried the 5meo-dalt at 80mg oral and got nothing but others seem to.
Thanks for the suggestion, reading the Erowid and Wiki articles of both at the moment.

Perhaps to clarify, MXE/ketamine seems to suit what I am after, but both are in short supply where I am, and MXE makes me feel too "far away" and lasts quite a while.
I have a grip on most drugs and would like something I can appear sober on, and it becomes difficult on MXE in the higher, more enjoyable doses.

Maybe microdosing LSD is what I am after?
Is there anything else in the same vein as that?

None of the sub 4 trypts get me high for more than 4 hours and normally the peak is over in 2

So my advice would be grab some 4-aco-met and try like 15mg for a start

5-meo-malt fits your timeframe neatly. I haven't played with it much, only had a small sample, but if you can get any maybe give that a shot. Don't expect anything real profound though.

Depending on your definition of tripping, 4ho's might last longer. 6hours to baseline is minimum for me.

Shortest acting i've tried is MiPT and 2C-D. Orally they're over in 4 hours. I imagine snorting would shorten the duration.

Nitrous Oxide (when inhaled) lasts about 30 seconds.

DMT (when vaporized) lasts a good 5-10 minutes at least.

Ketamine has a ~10 minute comeup when snorted and lasts for about an hour.

Snorting a large dose of DPT will have peak effects for about an hour, and you should be feeling back to baseline within 4 hours of taking the drug.

There are several RC psychedelics that, when sniffed or smoked or injected, will have their durations shortened significantly. Keep in mind, though, that this usually involves using less product, and it's easy to fuck up RC dosages. For example I've vaporized 5-Meo-Mipt and got a very strong 10 minute rush with a 'glow' that lasted at least an hour or two. I also snorted 4-Aco-DMT (dosage unknown) and to this day it is one of the most beautiful and humbling experiences that I have ever gotten from any psychedelic, moreso even than DMT, Mushrooms, LSD and Ayahuasca. I also only peaked for about 2 hours.

I can't recommend snorting, vaping, injecting or even ingesting any powder obtained from the Internet. But do as I say, not as I do. Be safe and have fun :)

Nitrous Oxide (when inhaled) lasts about 30 seconds.

DMT (when vaporized) lasts a good 5-10 minutes at least.

Ketamine has a ~10 minute comeup when snorted and lasts for about an hour.

Snorting a large dose of DPT will have peak effects for about an hour, and you should be feeling back to baseline within 4 hours of taking the drug.

There are several RC psychedelics that, when sniffed or smoked or injected, will have their durations shortened significantly. Keep in mind, though, that this usually involves using less product, and it's easy to fuck up RC dosages. For example I've vaporized 5-Meo-Mipt and got a very strong 10 minute rush with a 'glow' that lasted at least an hour or two. I also snorted 4-Aco-DMT (dosage unknown) and to this day it is one of the most beautiful and humbling experiences that I have ever gotten from any psychedelic, moreso even than DMT, Mushrooms, LSD and Ayahuasca. I also only peaked for about 2 hours.

I can't recommend snorting, vaping, injecting or even ingesting any powder obtained from the Internet. But do as I say, not as I do. Be safe and have fun :)

I used to use nitrous a lot but I began to get symptoms of neuropathy in my hands and feet despite the fact I took B12 supplements. Since I stopped taking it (around 4 months ago) the symptoms have gone away or healed, but needless to say I don't really want to mess with it again.

All these RCs and tryptamines sound like a great thing to try but my country has extensive analogue laws preventing the purchase of any of these, and it's not as though any of my circles would have any idea where to start if I asked "where can I get some 5-Meo-DALT?".

Maybe a little bit off-topic of this thread but in the direction I am after; I get bored and I've tried just about everything I can get my hands on, and nothing so far seems to cure my boredom except strong psychedelics.
The issue is that I need to be able to appear sober... haha. I would love to experiment with these suggestions to see if I could but I don't think I will be in a position to any time soon.

Bufotenin is a natural psychedelic with a fast onset, a very short duration, a ritualistic history of being insufflated by shamans, and visuals that many find stronger than DMT despite the fact that the trip is more grounded like a regular psychedelic and has almost no mental component. I recommend that you look into it.

Bufotenin is a natural psychedelic with a fast onset, a very short duration, a ritualistic history of being insufflated by shamans, and visuals that many find stronger than DMT despite the fact that the trip is more grounded like a regular psychedelic and has almost no mental component. I recommend that you look into it.

"Bufotenin is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance according to the Criminal Code Regulations of the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia."

:(

That is unfortunate, but I have to say that you may just be out of luck if you are trying to find something that fits this description and remains legal, particularly if you live in Australia. :\

I think ketamine is the drug you're looking for, although not a traditional psych, it fits perfectly your desired profile.

Good luck. Why does it have to be so short and why do you have to sniff it. The fastest acting and shortest hallucinogen would be freebase DMT. But you have to smoke it. Other than that psychedelics last at least 4+ hours like 4 ho met, 2c e , 25b nbome.
Mabey dpt? You can sniff it and its shorter than 4 hours but dpt is some Wierd shit and not my cup of tea.

DMT can definitely be snorted.

That is unfortunate, but I have to say that you may just be out of luck if you are trying to find something that fits this description and remains legal, particularly if you live in Australia.

It didn't have to necessarily remain legal, but RCs are very hard to get unless they are legal (at least somewhere closeby).

I think ketamine is the drug you're looking for, although not a traditional psych, it fits perfectly your desired profile.

DMT can definitely be snorted.

I've had some success with ketamine/MXE, but I'm growing quite bored of them and they are becoming increasingly difficult to locate.

I would recommend either:

* DMT, intramuscular - you will generally have to convert the salt to the base (see various guides on how to convert heroin #3 to a salt, using ascorbic acid ideally unless you know what you're doing and use HCl), and will, assuming you are working with plant matter, very much need a wheel filter, as well as an appropriate syringe, but it is a very rewarding experience along the timeline you suggest
* DMT, smoked, given concomitantly with an MAOI, about 30-45 minutes prior, moclobemide is a good choice and readily available (from overseas), the usual precautions regarding MAOIs apply

DMT, smoked, straight up, never satisfied me, was always just a colorshow and a mindfuck, but the aforementioned routes were more rewarding

intramuscular 2C-D might fit your bill too but may be a little longer and in higher doses a bit edgy. my experience

IME bufo venom was a great drug, a good buddy of mine used to have a mated pair of toads, that was a lot of fun, but YMMV, some people dislike the body load

I would consider 5-MeO-DMT to be, without reservation, the best psychedelic that I have experienced but YMMV here again, some people have a bad time on it

Last edited:
I only ever smoked it.
I can imagine i.m. being rewarding but as far as HR goes if all due precautions is followed

It was long-considered dyphoric/bad ju-ju - right? Am i correct in thinking this was ROA related? Or was it set & setting?

bufotenin alone isn't going to be a lot of fun
a lot of peripheral body unpleasantness
the proper bufo venom otoh is quite enjoyable ime

Yeah, makes sense.
I've only had 5-meo-dmt once, but it was a glistening experience indeed.