• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

Yeah Enter the Void was a very intense and exciting movie while tripping on shrooms and weed.

El Topo, Microcosmos (or nature documentaries in general), any of Maya Deren's films (looking forward to watching my Maya Deren DVD collection on MXE this weekend :))

^Loved Microcosmos. It's on Netflix Instant right now if you have it. El Topo and other Jodorowsky stuff is covered in that mega-thread I linked to at the beginning. Seriously people, I want new stuff. Search the links and give what has NOT been mentioned if you want to contribute to the Bluelight consciousness of trippy films. Otherwise, it's redundant. I don't want to be a dick here I want to force the real esoteric shit out. I realize I'm a hypocrite posting the Jim Woodring links multiple times but it's beautiful-crazy enough that it deserves it.

Last edited:
anybody have a list of independent documentaries that are good to watch while tripping? And also some that are about drugs in general? I saw one called small town ecstasy and enjoyed it. Wondering if anyone knows of some others

Thank you guy who said lord of the rings!!! I've seen it before but don't remember any of it so it'll be like the first time all over again and that's the kind of flick I wanted thanks. Good decision what do you guys think?

Ooo how about where the wild things Are? I've never see it but would it be a good movie to trip to do you think it you've seen it?

LOTR? -- An obvious high-profile film series!? Because you saw it and forgot it? Sweet fuck, this is the least perceptive trippy film thread ever made.

Baraka

A wordless, yet profound visual documentary. Some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring images our world has to offer. Despite the lack of narration the film manages to instill a sense of wonder, while showing us the devastating impact our presence is having on the planet. It is sometimes too confronting even when sober so be warned.

Blueberry (Renegade) that the OP mentioned is the best tripping movie I've seen, and the most accurate. Visually it's a totally amazing movie but the plot is kind of lame. Also, most of what they attribute to the Chiricahua Indians actually comes from the Navaho. The Chiricahua do not do peyote, and even if they did, the trips they show in the movie look more like ayahuasca than peyote. Anyway... if you can forgive some of the inaccuracies, it's fun to watch.

Mind you, I usually can't watch movies at all while I'm tripping. My attention span is too low and I feel trapped. I need to be able to move and explore other things. Also... it would be kind of stupid to watch a movie about tripping while you're tripping. I'd rather watch a tripping movie while I'm sober, so I can actually experience a trip in its fully intensity. Staring into a monitor would hurt my eyes, and darkness by candle light reveals so much more of the subtle energies while you are tripping.

You should watch '200 motels' or 'Defending your Life' on mushrooms. Dunno if frank zappa or reincarnation is your thing tho. On another note, how does a film being high-profile make it any less psychedelic? IMO its all about interpretation and personal preference. This sounds like it's turning more into a "i like better movies than you thread."
Sorry, it's just that I go to google and type "trippy movies site:bluelight.ru" or some variation thereof and then I spend a minute searching instead of responding with redundancies that clutter and frustrate the efforts of those who are looking for unique responses is all. Once again, sorry, I respect the intelligence of others instead of shitting down the throat of the world with my incessantly repetitious questions. If only I could commit genocide through text ... muwhahaha

Luis Bunuel's Miky Way and Belle De Jour is pretty trippy. The dude hung out with Dali, and you know Dali, eating hash etc.

^ Foreigner, I suspect the brew in the film was Ayahuasca as Kounen has a lot of experience with it, there is no reference to the drug they take being Peyote, other than them seeing a field of Peyote growing at one point in the film. I don't think it's designed to be factually accurate in any sense either.

I agree with you, I don't enjoy watching films while tripping on psychedelics. With weed, empathogens or dissociatives? Great, but with psychedelics I try to avoid the mundane every day stuff and do something new.

Baraka is an amazing movie regardless of what state of mind you are in.

I watched Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives on a high dose of MXE (120ish mg) and was blown away.
I haven't seen it since, but I highly recommend it. The plot is amazing and the cinematography is absolutely stunning. I think it won the palm d'or at cannes last year and there's definitely a reason why.

If only I could commit genocide through text ... muwhahaha
So that was what I was remembering I posted before passing out last night ... Let me attempt to preemptively defuse the situation by making a formal apology to any posters who took umbrage with my previously expressed ambition to include them and their kinfolk among the innumerable dead in my megadeath category text bomb.

Back on topic: for the contemplative man partial to tripping his balls, I recommend the following lesser knowns:

Malpertius
malpertuis14.JPG

San Soleil
sans_soleil.jpg

Hukkle
hukkle3.jpg

Last edited:
Waking Life-its not animated per sey they filmed in live motion then colored it in kind of like a scanner darkly but done much better. Its an amazing philosophical movie totally blew my mind on ketamine.