• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

^You really wanna watch Grave of the Fireflies whilst tripping?

Also this thread is redundant, this shall be merged with the appropriate thread when I am sober or some staff other than myself is so inclined.

(PS. to the OP...fuck tim burton in underland, that was a horrendoust movie. I add all rotoscoped movies from Richard Linklater or Ralph Bakshi to the list)

When your sobor lol

^You really wanna watch Grave of the Fireflies whilst tripping?

Also this thread is redundant, this shall be merged with the appropriate thread when I am sober or some staff other than myself is so inclined.

(PS. to the OP...fuck tim burton in underland, that was a horrendoust movie. I add all rotoscoped movies from Richard Linklater or Ralph Bakshi to the list)

Funny you should mention that ... I have a date with several difficult things in my upcoming trips. That film is one.

Waking Life was amazing while tripping. The way that they edited the visuals makes for an extremely interesting watch, and the story is amazing imo. Thanks for making this thread!

Trippen out on MXE and some fireee weed/keif/hash:) Watching Ganster #1 or sum shit its pretty funny

via netflix

2001: A Space Odyssey. Watch it on LSD preferably, and not too high a dose either or it could get a little terrifying at parts. Mushrooms also makes it a little more frightening, but if you find the perfect dose to watch that movie at I assure you you'll feel fucking magnificent at the end.

Trippy NON-animated movies

OK so my last thread you guys helped get a lot of good animated movies together.. now I'd like to hear what non-animated movies would be good.. I'm not looking for ones that are hilarious in just how stupid and childish they are-though the yo gabba gabba type stuff has a place in tripping-

I'm looking for movies with intense visuals of nature... incredible adventures with crazy creatures and plots with substance.. stuff that'll blow your mind away and make you think rather then just laugh like crazy (though if the film has humor elements that's def not a problem). One that comes to my mind is pans labyrinth. - unfortunately it's in subtitles though which is defibately not suitable for tripping

I'm looking for movies with intense visuals of nature... incredible adventures with crazy creatures and plots with substance.. stuff that'll blow your mind away and make you think rather then just laugh like crazy

2001: Space Odyssey

Be careful though, it opens so many metaphysic questions and answers so little, that it got me out of my mind when I watched it twice in a row while on acid.

Run LolaRun, Natural Born Killers, Alien Resurrection, City of Ghosts, EyesWide Shut, Matrix, Femme Fatale, the Descent, City of Lost Children, Lord of The Rings trilogy,

oh i could name sooooooooo many. one movie that will forever scar you if watched whilst tripping is Begotten. i won't go into ny big details, but it is very surreal and very fuckked up, but the ending relays an intense message that reverberates throughout your core, and leaves a long lasting impression on you, I'm talking "big picture" type shit. but that movie really isn't for everybody, and i know of a few more that are easier to swallow.

repo man(old cult classic, not new one)
They Live(john carpenter's best movie, 2nd to the thing)
Pink Floyd at pompeii(no audience, just them in a greek amphitheater, with very trippy film work.)
eraserhead(just weird)
Rubber(very hipsterish)
Fear and Loathing in las vegas(of course)
and a shit ton more that i can't think of or won't list because i don't think many people would get enjoyment out of them. i just like really strange and surreal movies, and a lot of people get tripped out in the wrong way by them, but i really love getting completely lost into a crazy movie8o

Hmmm I haven't tripped in years and probably will in a month or two just trying to figure out what to watch so many choices!! Not sure if I want to go with a hilariously dumb children's cartoon to laugh my ass off or something more deep and of substance :/