• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

Someone mentioned Planet Earth. My favorite shit to do is play a show of that style, very visually beautiful, but of all different varieties. There's a really cool site called TopDocumentaryFilms.Com - it has a killer selection of Science and Outer Space Documentaries from old to new, it's awesome. I'll put on a cool visual show, mute it, and put on my favorite Trippy Music, whatever I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes it will start to seem like you created your own Music Video, because the Visuals in the show you choose end up going along with the Music you're playing somehow, it's happened to me so many times. It's like it just starts to Sync up perfectly all of a sudden. Very Mystifying, Relaxing, and Entertaining. Music is ABSOLUTELY where it's at with Psychedelics - movies are fun in groups, but on your own, take the trip through your brain instead of watching a whole movie and trying to actually figure out what's going on and not just be like, "Wow, the looks cool".
There are some great trippy movies out there though, I can't front - a lot of them have been Mentioned already. A Scanner Darkly is awesome. If you're on Dissociatives, I recommend checking out Xavier : Renegade Angel, or any Psychedelic honestly. It's a short cartoon about this odd characters trips through life on a search to figure out what he is and find Inner Enlightenment. It used to be on Adult Swim, but I think they don't play it anymore. I like to watch my DVD rips of the old Bob Ross PBS show - watching him paint beautiful Scenery, and learning how to paint better at the same time. Very cool trippin'. Just some different Ideas for Tripper Activities.

i'm sad that Xavier: Renegade Angel isn't on Adult Swim anymore. the few times that i stumbled onto it on TV whilst tripping were pretty mindblowing. i fear that it wouldn't have the same impact if my viewing of it wasn't coincidental. =/

Now that the weather is cold again I am watching way more movies on LSD. LOTR trilogy although the extended version is a bit too long for one trip, that was pretty epic.

Fuck watching movies.... Get as far into the wilderness as possible, and try and interact with some animals on the way! I find that I kinda relate to dogs in a weird way when I'm tripping balls...

Wave Twisters if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Ghost in the Shell

Spirited Away

Brilliant movies and they'll mind fuck the hell out of you sober, let alone tripping!

From my experience fear and loathing some reason my favorite recently discovered Freddie got fingered is a hilarious one n absurd while frying

I can't imagine being able to sit still long enough on LSD to watch a movie. But avatar in 3D IMAX in the second row center on something more couch-locky like 4-AcO-DMT would be incredible.

Time bandits is a great movie to watch while tripping, its basically about time traveling elves and a little boy that they find. they go on peculiar adventures with their time traveling device. beautiful sound btw feels great on the psychedelic ears=D

I watched 2001: a Space Odyssey on acid and it was pretty freaky. I would avoid the Dawn of the Dead series though.

2001 and Blade Runner are my favorite trip movies (midnight showings for these 2 are space conventions every time).
Anything by Miyazaki is great as well.

2001 and Blade Runner are my favorite trip movies (midnight showings for these 2 are space conventions every time).
Anything by Miyazaki is great as well.
Where do they show midnight showings of these films????!!! Dear God, I need to move there!!!!!!!!

I have fond memories of watching Ameilie on acid. I remember Amelie's innocent beady eyes expanding and contracting, Quite confusing but equally as entertaining.

What Dreams May Come (caution: potentially disturbing)

I had mentioned this film some time back. A wild film with ideas and insights on a high level. Absolutely mind blowing if looked at right. The outcome makes all the disturbing scenerios melt away with almost a cheer.

ditto on the sitcom thing haha, the office is great while tripping. Some of the most fun I've had was doing a ton of LSA and watching an entire season of the office. The funny thing is, it's still humorous but I get really emotionally attached to the characters too haha, so it's like the comedy takes on this whole new dramatic twist when I'm tripping.

Along similar lines I like watching Archer while tripping. The animation style looks really trippy and it's still hilarious.

I have fond memories of watching Ameilie on acid. I remember Amelie's innocent beady eyes expanding and contracting, Quite confusing but equally as entertaining.
I always thought that movie would make a good "come down movie" as my roommate and I have come to term them. Light hearted, witty and fun. I personally would rather do other things than watch a movie on LSD, but on other psychs I enjoy them. That's why we have come down movies for LSD hah.

Anyone else who loves goofy stuff when comiing down on psychedelics? I mean Naked Gun/ Police Squad type movies, Airplane (anything with Leslie Nielsen really)?
I find that stuff so funny when I'm tripping, I get scared I'll die laughing sometimes.