• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind will give you full body chills no matter what you're tripping on. Try it out.

- Blazing Saddles - Hilariously funny. First time I watched it was while tripping on a good amount of 2cb.
- Chinatown - Mystery movie. It's got a bit of a slow pace. I like the long drawn out scenes while on a small dose of psychedelics.
- Spartacus - Same thing with the slow pace. Cool story. I like watching longer movies like this while on small to moderate amounts of 2c-x.
- The Ascent of Man - This is really good. Same with other television series like the Cosmos or Connections and etc. Good for stimulating conversation about the general motion of the world and how our lives exist amidst it all. Great for acid... or any psychedelic
- Futurama - Hilarious and clever. Wonderful cartoon. Very trippy. lots of cool concepts with funny little jokes.
- Vice Guide To Travel - Like Ascent of Man this stuff is very stimulating for conversation. Vice guide can give some good in depth views of places around the world.
- Baraka - I like this movie a lot. The Qatsi trilogy is awesome as well.
- Touch - I think thats the name of it. A movie with Christopher walken playing a con-man who bring media attention to a stigmata. Funny movie.

I like movies a lot while tripping. Sometimes they can be weird. Other times they can evoke great emotions. 2cb and 2c-t-2 work well with watching movies. I like watching movies on acid too. Moderate doses are nice, low doses are fine, high doses can be weird. Movies like baraka, the Qatsi(s) and Cosmos can be alright on high doses. I can drift in and out of watching them without depending to much on following any sort of story line. Its mostly just a series of images that can get the mind going. Other movies like china town and spartacus, lower doses work better. They just make the movie a little more fun to watch.

I don't always crave a psychedelic when watching a movie... but I do like to make a night like this once a month or so. Or sometimes I like to watch movies when I'm coming down from a psychedelic.

try watching Devil, like 5 people trapped in an elevator and one is the devil, made by the guy that did Sixth Sense........ talk about freaky on its own, whoa, pretty deep, especially the interpersonal feelings it developes straight.... gets deep... I love the devil's advocate...... trip balls

My ultimate favorite is The Doors..... Jim Morrison and his ramblings gives me a warm sensation all over... watching this movie makes me realize how I was bornin the wrong time.

Lemony Snickets
Eternal Sunshine

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

This one is good visually but I really disliked the story, there were a lot of gaps it seemed and nothing ended up being explained at the end

Pi by Darren Aronofsky is a great movie, same with A Scanner Darkly

boogie-nights927x282.ashx

Boogie Nights on bluray disc

trust me on this.

i really wanna do acid or 2ce and watch that movie Devil thats coming out.

I watched that tonight, I would not watch that on LSD! I am anti horror movie on acid though. I love horror movies, love lsd, but together no way.
For me it's Pink Floyd: the Wall
Even though it's corny The Trip (1967)
Yellow Submarine
The Monkees movie "head"
Heavy Metal
Fritz the Cat
Dazed and Confused

Ahhh so many, movies while tripping is one of my favorite things to do (although I don't like to do it for the entire trip because I feel like sometimes it distracts me from the introspection and self exploration). But it's so fun.

Richard Linklater makes the best movies to trip to - Waking Life, Slacker, Dazed and Confused, A Scanner Darkly (although sometimes I flip out when watching that one)

Aronofsky's got some great stuff. The Fountain is classic. Clint Mansell's soundtrack for that movie makes me cry without fail.

Rave-ish movies are sweet - Human Traffic, Go, Woodstock

Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai
Examined Life
Donnie Darko (again, this one can seriously flip me out, especially on higher dosages)
Raging Bull
I'm Not There
Simon Powell's "Manna"
Blade Runner

One movie comes to mind:

ERASERHEAD .... uhh yeah, the greatest film ever made; seriously, david lynch captured something in that movie that is nameless and timeless.

... although I've never watched it, or any other full movie while high on lsd. I really love being outside, sometimes I'll watch a little bit of something during or after the comedown tho. I watched a few episodes of 30 rock recently after peaking and coming down, and it was quite enjoyable; sitcoms in general seem to relax me, the characters are comforting and soothing, as is the plot. Wonder what that says about me...

Yeah I got a thing for tina fey:)

ditto on the sitcom thing haha, the office is great while tripping. Some of the most fun I've had was doing a ton of LSA and watching an entire season of the office. The funny thing is, it's still humorous but I get really emotionally attached to the characters too haha, so it's like the comedy takes on this whole new dramatic twist when I'm tripping.

I will trip on acid for the second time in my life this coming weekend. The first time my friend and I watched Finding Nemo, and it sure was the craziest movie I have ever seen!

For my second trip I will take around 200 micrograms and at the start of the trip I want to watch a movie. Which of the following would you recommend; The Lord Of The Rings, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or something else (give me tips!)? I want a movie with overwhelming visual and auditive effects and a great story.

My friend with whom I tripped for the first time won't trip himself this time, he will only do MDMA due to the fact that he had a really bad trip the first time tripping. So I want a movie that's amazing whilst on acid and at least watchable for someone not on acid.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Scandinavia and very tired at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Twin Peaks (movie or show ; watch the show first though !!) or anything david lynch really.

Besides that, anything from The Matrix is a real classic.

Also the "Wonders of ..." documentaries with Brian Cox are awesome, as anything "Planet Earth" related.

Talking nature documentaries, there is one which stands out for me in terms of visuals, that is The Speed of Life.
Basically filming the Amazon with technology that was invented for the Matrix, what a mindfuck eh ;).