Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question geared towards long term users:
Have you noticed any twitching as a side effect of long term MXE use?

Recently I've been incredibly twitchy, usually when laying down for bed and less frequently during the daytime.
I'd say there's an average of 5 twitches every minute when I'm trying to go to sleep, all over my body. My girlfriend has commented on it too. I haven't taken any MXE in over a month now, and used a large amount in the past year and a half.
I'm not sure if the twitching is something that I've always had (I'm inclined to think it isn't).
The only other drug I use frequently is marijuana but I don't really think it's the weed that's causing me to twitch, although I could be wrong.

A question geared towards long term users:
Have you noticed any twitching as a side effect of long term MXE use?

Recently I've been incredibly twitchy, usually when laying down for bed and less frequently during the daytime.
I'd say there's an average of 5 twitches every minute when I'm trying to go to sleep, all over my body. My girlfriend has commented on it too. I haven't taken any MXE in over a month now, and used a large amount in the past year and a half.
I'm not sure if the twitching is something that I've always had (I'm inclined to think it isn't).
The only other drug I use frequently is marijuana but I don't really think it's the weed that's causing me to twitch, although I could be wrong.

Perhaps you have a magnesium deficiency?

Also can you expand on how much you have taken?

Last edited:
inb4 thread one RC: MXE
>mxe is a "god send", this is a novelty substance.
i would like to cast my vote, mxe is one for the books.

(++++)

Hi got question regarding batches, on some other forums and also from my experienced i noticed there are at least 2 differently working batches:

1. There are problems with walking (big robo walk), talking after 50mgs is already difficult and there is a sense of great confusion. PPL on forums said it could be MXE cut with sth and that real MXE should be more clear.

2. This is the second batch (first time I got such batch in over 2 years of experiments with MXE). The trip is way more clearer, there are no issues of robowalk, problems with expressing one's thoughts, no talking problems, after 50mgs could act nearly sober if had too. Also this batch left me stimulated somewhat longer unable to fall asleep for some time.

So which of these should be REAL MXE effects - more confusion + more robowalk + problems with talking vs. clearer trip, no such problems ??????

From my experience with 2 different batches, I've still been able to communicate reasonably well at even 120mgs and walk just fine, if not still weirdly. It's definitely not too confusing IME

Yeah...it's all fun and games until what used to put you on your ass and feel like you were in a cloud, does nothing. I've had MXE that was so good that I would have NEVER considered doing 100 mg of it all at once. I would have been down for the count. After a while, what felt like truly pure, "elite" MXE in the beginning, eventually didn't do fuck all. I was stupid enough to build up a high tolerance to the point that I had to stop because a) larger doses didn't do much, a) what I did feel didn't last long, and c), I just started feeling like shit (toxic) from chasing that dragon. Now, since taking breaks, I can use it pretty much like I did earlier on, as long as I long breaks between and use less. You use the shit every day and it can bring you to dark places. As much as I still kind of dig it, I went through some hellish nights with it. And yes, I "robo-walked", which I fucking hated, and yes, I had difficulty talking at times, and yes, I felt retarded at other times. I also had panic effects at higher doses that convinced me that I was about to die. Not, "kind of believe"...it was "this is what it is to die, and it is happening". It was by far the single most frightening experience in my life, and I've gone to nutty places with chemicals. Ego death is one thing, but actually feeling as though you are dying is another. It scared the shit out of me and made me slow WAY down with that shit. I think people underestimate the power of MXE. I found it profoundly alluring and powerful, and I am sure there are people that may not know it, but that are dying from using it, even if slowly and by degrees. Only time will tell, but that shit is insidious. I can relate to the twitching, too. I had days where my pectoralis muscle(s) would fucking twitch on and off ALL DAY LONG. It was beyond annoying, and it was something I attributed it to the MXE for sure. It went away when I used way less, no doubt. All I know is that I can't have 5g bags of that shit laying around...as weird shit starts to happen, like me never putting the fucking bag away.

Hi got question regarding batches, on some other forums and also from my experienced i noticed there are at least 2 differently working batches:

1. There are problems with walking (big robo walk), talking after 50mgs is already difficult and there is a sense of great confusion. PPL on forums said it could be MXE cut with sth and that real MXE should be more clear.

2. This is the second batch (first time I got such batch in over 2 years of experiments with MXE). The trip is way more clearer, there are no issues of robowalk, problems with expressing one's thoughts, no talking problems, after 50mgs could act nearly sober if had too. Also this batch left me stimulated somewhat longer unable to fall asleep for some time.

So which of these should be REAL MXE effects - more confusion + more robowalk + problems with talking vs. clearer trip, no such problems ??????

I agree with those descriptions and believe that no.2 is the real MXE. It has far less side effects.

I don't know that it's a difference in one being "real MXE" and the other being "not", because I've had it from at least a dozen sources. It's all different, and I think, but I don't know, that it's in the synthesis. I have had MXE that is dirty and garbage, and less potent (often the sandy, grainy, tan powder) and clean, potent, seemingly more pure MXE which tends to be whiter, more bitter, with little to no salty taste. I've noticed, that lesser MXE, in my opinion, is really, really salty, and tends to require more, and has more side effects. I think it's a poorer synth. The whiter stuff tends to be rocket fuel, in my experience. I have one vendor who sells what I consider the best I've had, and it is, in fact, the whiter type. Other people I know that get it say the same.

mxe has never felt stimulating to me, even in small doses and i really dont enjoy being monged on couch for hours. adding a little bit of speed does the trick for me - still feeling pretty fucked up but have energy to dance or walk. and to get really fucked up adding some 2cb feels great too :)

Totally agree. I'm an MXE fiend, but I still really enjoy NENK. As you say, it's just a mild and relaxing feeling.

If it weren't for the price and short duration (and my stupidly high tolerance to dissociatives), I'd get NENK more often.

I have some NENK lying around for over a year, I was under the impression that it's almost inactive. Maybe it could do something when you are in sort of a depressed state.

How much do you take to feel something?

here is hoping that by the middle of the week i will be back in a lovely m-hole :) no tolerance left only a little ket in the mean time should almost be like the start for me again :)

Perhaps you have a magnesium deficiency?

Also can you expand on how much you have taken?

Over 80-100 grams since the beginning of 2012, I'd say.
Use is usually intense for a 2 month period followed by one month off.

Just my two cents on anti-depressants qualities of MXE : (I'm not a native english-speaker, so sorry for my mystakes)

I am a fervent reader of bluelight, the kind that read everything but never post a thing. That being said, I have a bipolar disorder, which means among other things that I often experience several months of depression associated with generalized anxiety. Knowing the MXE since a year, I started to realize that several persons high-lighted its so-called "anti-depressant afterglow". I have been on escitalopram (an SSRI) during a year and a half, it did the job during a time, but then it just started to fade, and the anxiety started to overwhelm me again. So at a moment, I stopped taking it. Several months from now.

Then, I was asking myself if MXE couldn't help me handle with those very handicapping days of generalized anxiety, and depression that made me feel like my brain couldn't work anymore (studying sciences and mathematics, the best indicator of an incoming depression for me is when I can't understand the theories that I study anymore, or when the theory that I learned a day ago seems to be a complete puzzle for me).

So, all in all, I said to myself that it was worth trying, especially that at a low dosage (5-10 mg), there was little to no dissociative effects. I started by snorting 5 mg of MXE, daily. The effects where very mild, I would describe them as : opiate-like during the first 30 minutes after the beggining of the effects (roughly between 45 minutes and an hour after snorting), the feeling that you are still in your mother's womb (I would compare it to a mild dose of morphine, and/or tramadol). Pretty pleasant, but not my main reason of taking MXE.

Then, for 2-3 hours, there is some mild anti-depressant effect, not the manic effect you could experience when on SSRI, but more the two-hours-ago-I-was-anxious-and-surprisingly-now-I'm-not.

Lastly, for the next 2-3 days after taking it, and that's the purpose of my use, my incapacity to get out of the bed, to try to make my brain fuction vanishes. To put it in a nutshell, it makes me euthymic (for a bipolar, that would mean you are neither depressed, nor into a manic state), that is to say functional.

I also tried to take it sub-lingually, and since several weeks, it's my only way of taking it. I find that it is even more effective (takes less time to feel the effects, and it seems more "clear headed", even if at those dosages, 5-10 mg, there is no mindfuck at all) than snorting. But then, again, the best ROA varies from person to person.

All in all, my only goal is to share my experience, and to emphasize the possiblity of using MXE as an anti-depressant. For a person like me, prone to regular phases of depression and anxiety, it works like a charm. So for now, the only side-effect is a very mild head-ache the day after I snorted (which doesn't appear when I take it sublingually), but I wonder if it is safe on bladder on the long time, knowing the damages Ketamine can do.

Thanks for reading me, and I only hope that this could help other persons.

P.S. : There are more and more scientific articles published recently, talking about using Ketamine as a quick anti-depressant. Why not doing the same kind of research with MXE, which is pretty similar to Ketamine, to some extent. For those interested : http://bipolarnews.org/index.php?s=ketamine

meant to ask before as i love mixing this stuff with stims any of you mixed it with mdpv yet or 4fa ?

should almost be like the start for me again :)

you are everywhere mate.
just blew through a gram of mxe in a couple of days, waking up from surgery ;)
the rest be getting put away, i cleared it all this time.

there is a definite, difference between the metabolization and side effects of the sandy vs must white batches
i don't have any evidence to describe it, but IME the potency mg per mg is obvious

Last edited:
I'd almost say for sure that twitching is caused by magnesium deficiency if you've done that much MXE.
Reading some of these last posts is exactly why I think no one with a slightly addictive personality should be ordering 5 grams at once. Maybe 1 gram between breaks.

meant to ask before as i love mixing this stuff with stims any of you mixed it with mdpv yet or 4fa ?

Don't mix with 4-fa. They both affect serotonin causing interactions. Edit: I have personal experience with this combo and it resembled mild serotonin syndrome.
It is also contraindicated with most stims, one user (his user name was something like 'Eyes Wide Open') was combining mxe with mdpv for awhile and he ended up with some serious issues physical and psychosis. So be careful.

nice one thank you never had any problems when ive mixed it before with stuff like 2dpmp mpa or eph but thought i would ask this time guess the mdpv will get mixed with it though just cant see my self not trying that one

How are large doses on this for you guys?

I ask because I recently have had some really bizarre experiences that have caused me to put this chemical down for the time being. I'm not sure if it is some sort of panic reaction or if that is how the high is. It is like I'll get caught in this loop in which I think reality is repeating or something -- I feel as if I lose total control of my actions and am watching the next moment unfold itself. I was completely on autopilot. Nothing really makes sense at all. I would mumble out words, which seemed to have little meaning. It is very, very unpleasant.

It was compounded by the fact that I had been talking with some friends about the simulation theory. I've taken rather large doses before but it was not unpleasant like this.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else or did I just panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.