View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the MXE thread guys lol.. I think this discussion is better off in the 3-MeO-PCP thread.

I really can't wait until I can get more of this substance, it's a drug that truly shines above the rest. I've come to realize it has a LOT of abuse potential, though. How long have people found it takes them for their tolerance to drop after a binge?

^ In my experience, 2 months is enough to cause a significant drop in tolerance. 1 month is noticeable, but it just jumps right back up again.

I once took a ~6 month break and the magic was almost the same as when i first took MXE, but after a couple of trips it disappeared again.
So the tolerance slowly goes away if you don't use it, but if you start using it again, it QUICKLY comes back.

Regarding tolerance, don't neglect the mental aspect, which can be controlled to some extent. In other words, part of your tolerance may be due to familiarity with the experience i.e. if you are taking it in the same setting. Quoting from the DXM faq:

Hallucinogen antidependency. This is a common phenomenon with most psychedelics. After using any psychedelic several dozen times, the magic is gone. It just becomes familiar territory, and with the "wow" factor from the novelty gone, the more mundane aspects (confusion, nausea) of the trip intrude. The solution to this, if there is one, is to put your own "magic" into the experience by interacting with people, trying new experiences, etc. (but don't drive!)

In my own experience, a high dose MXE trip is highly dependent on set and setting. Speaking about the hole, there are particular albums (The Campfire Headphase, The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld) which I know will result in a busy, visually immersive trip, spiritual revelations and all that crap, which is precisely what I'm looking for. However other albums are far less engaging.

I have gone through 5 grams in the space of a month, holing consistently every night (dosages tapering from 160-220mg according to perceived tolerance). My tactic was to switch things up as much and often as possible. New music each time. In your search for the holy grail there is no point in visiting places you have already been.

Last edited:
MXE is drug for housewives :D
Reallly... MXE + World Of Warcraft = Hooray! I'm in heaven!=D

^ MXE and video games is a special combination, indeed.

MXE facilitates so many new connections!

Yep. Although, as far as facilitating new connections goes, I think classical psychedelics have to take the cake.

Actually, my latest theory on MXE involves something that I heard someone refer to as metaprogramming. I feel like MXE actually allows you to take apart and rebuild your own mind, and in so doing, make positive changes to yourself. MXE kind of disassembles your mind, it melts everything into an amorphous goo; then, you have the freedom to mold it to whatever you like before it crystallizes again.

I feel like I've been able to make some pretty cool changes to myself with MXE, including (1) reducing my anxiety, and (2) increasing my level of motivation.

Part (2) has a lot to do with the dimension of MXE that people refer to as mania. Now, "mania" has a negative connotation, associated with over-excitation. But in people like me, who tend to be a little bit on the ambivalent/apathetic/meh side of things, the "manic" push of MXE doesn't actually produce mania, but it produces a healthier motivation / attention-span boost.

Also, does anyone feel like MXE is peculiarly suited for daytime, as opposed to nighttime? I find daytime and nighttime MXE to practically be two different drugs. In the day, it carries virtually no bodyload, nor negative side-effects; I am euphoric and stimulated. Whereas, if I take it at night, I become nauseated by the drug, and I feel dysphoric and downright weird, in addition to feeling terribly exhausted. :/

Last edited:
^ lol MXE at night felt great for me. I actually sort of like that dysphoric, manic state though.. it let's me know I'm not invincible, keeps me in check.

I cannot recommend Oral to snorters and sublingual dosers enough.

Try it, just stir in half a glass of lukewarm water to dissolve then gulp down on an empty stomach. Hits you quick, hits you hard, hits you long.

I introduced people to MXE and found that 20mg oral is a good first dose for normal people, and 30mg oral for hardcore types. These doses can be repeated every hour and a half until the desired effect commences. The hole begins for most n00bs between 60-120mg total dose.

Group dosing is much more desorienting than solo dosing, at least to me. Anything that goes on in the outside world will add to the confusion. I prefer solo, in my comfy chair, a candle burning.

As part of my ritual I burn a stick of Nag Champa incense on my house altar, and only use that incense for that purpose. If I smell Nag Champa I get memories of dissociation and the Hole. A stick lasts 1 hour, which is a good visual cue as to how far in you are when clocks cease to make sense. I have the hard rule that no matter what, there will be NO booster doses when the incence of the former dose is still burning, thus this helps me avoid redose disasters.

(2) increasing my level of motivation.

Part (2) has a lot to do with the dimension of MXE that people refer to as mania. Now, "mania" has a negative connotation, associated with over-excitation. But in people like me, who tend to be a little bit on the ambivalent/apathetic/meh side of things, the "manic" push of MXE doesn't actually produce mania, but it produces a healthier motivation / attention-span boost.

This has also been my experience. Personally I find that when reflecting on where I'm at in life, the mania has a dampening effect on all my perceived obstacles (anything that I feel is preventing me from actualising my ideal self/ideal life situation). The consequence of this is that everything just feels easier. It's as though the path I need to take to get where I want to be is clearer than ever, and through thinking in this headspace I am able to get a better perspective on the actions I need to take in order to make my dreams a reality. Anything I feel is noteworthy I will write down.

Furthermore, the subsequent afterglow is then useful for carrying out these tasks. That and regular use of nootropics (mainly piracetam and l-theanine with caffeine).

I cannot recommend Oral to snorters and sublingual dosers enough.

Try it, just stir in half a glass of lukewarm water to dissolve then gulp down on an empty stomach. Hits you quick, hits you hard, hits you long.

I introduced people to MXE and found that 20mg oral is a good first dose for normal people, and 30mg oral for hardcore types. These doses can be repeated every hour and a half until the desired effect commences. The hole begins for most n00bs between 60-120mg total dose.

Group dosing is much more desorienting than solo dosing, at least to me. Anything that goes on in the outside world will add to the confusion. I prefer solo, in my comfy chair, a candle burning.

As part of my ritual I burn a stick of Nag Champa incense on my house altar, and only use that incense for that purpose. If I smell Nag Champa I get memories of dissociation and the Hole. A stick lasts 1 hour, which is a good visual cue as to how far in you are when clocks cease to make sense. I have the hard rule that no matter what, there will be NO booster doses when the incence of the former dose is still burning, thus this helps me avoid redose disasters.
Brilliant!

Thought I'd share a few tricks I've been using to keep myself relatively sane while buzzing around on mxe day after day.
Keep yourself occupied. I think we all know this stuff makes you manic to a certain degree, atleast over prolonged periods of time. This can be extremely useful, but it can also smack you in the face and seriously challenge your sense of self and confuse the shit out you.

I try to plan ahead what I'm gonna do while under the influence of the drug, like 2-3 steps ahead. This could be simple stuff like
-watch this new tv show episode
-get food and eat it
-play a round of some specific videogame
I do this to avoid getting stuck in that uncomfortable limbo-state where you have 37 things going on at once and you go from room to room over and over and think to yourself "why did I go here, what am I doing right now" and after a while "how did I get here, wtf is this I'm holding and omg why am I so confused right now". This can get annoying and will atleast me freak out and I get a little psychotic if I'm left hanging there too long.

Keep things light and superficial. Keep it smooth and friendly. Don't try to be all deep and serious, this may dissapoint you very much and not live up to the percieved enhancement of your abilities this stuff gives you.
MXE is great for planning stuff in your head, you can easily build some giant super smart theory or concept, but often when you try and put it to work it will not go as smoothly as you imagined. It can also possibly make you act like an arrogant asshole shutting people down and bossing them around.
I imagine that if I really wanted to be all mad and scary on MXE I could pretty easily go crazy like the psychotic PCP homies we see on Cops. Just be wailing about like a madman, it's not out of reach. Gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself :) and check regularly

Last edited:
Also, does anyone feel like MXE is peculiarly suited for daytime, as opposed to nighttime? I find daytime and nighttime MXE to practically be two different drugs. In the day, it carries virtually no bodyload, nor negative side-effects; I am euphoric and stimulated. Whereas, if I take it at night, I become nauseated by the drug, and I feel dysphoric and downright weird, in addition to feeling terribly exhausted. :/
not at all. best times for me is to taking at night and unexpectadly fall asleep, wake up in the morning feeling great and a little high then take it again and its AMAZING

anyway the cops confiscated my stash which was like 5g and im probably done for good. gonna miss this thread

fucking dickhead government banning this lovely chemical ! oh how i miss the ole mxe headspace <3

So took this all the time working in the restaurant..maybe a month daily..was fun till I realised I was totally depersonalised after a while, I was just in mxe mode all the time, slightly manic, energetic, mildly triply, social, 90% motor skills functioning..dropped a few forks... Found I was able to power through night out-work-night out-work for almost a week...powerful stim and euphoric effect. Then stopped a few months...tolerance dropped...used to nasal 50mg on a night as a "boost'', I'd take maybe 20mg on the morning on wakeup, another 15 at work and 50 before a night out. Easily done...glad in a way I don't have easy access to it much more. TOO nice, easy to do daily and get on with life. Still can't wait to get another g though next months wages lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.