View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ There's a study done about MXE impurities with noticeable effects being found in active doses, so yeah if it's an uncompleted synth it could make quite a difference

First, i would be interested in helping to create any sort of wiki/faq page. I kind of lurk this page and haven't really said much but many times I have been compelled to edit my observations into a digestible format, rather than 1st person narrative. Having researched this compound for two years, I feel it is my duty to contribute; for science sake, ya know?
Second, it seems ppl in the last couple pages have been referring to mxe as 3-meo-2-oxo-pce...well aren't we getting fancy? Which made me wonder: do tigers sleep in lily patches? Do rhinos run from thunder? ;) Nah, but what came to mind is how other substances appear to be an abbreviation of the formal compound name in some way. I'm not going to copy and paste for reference, but you get what i'm saying right? ok, example. DMT=Dimethyltryptamine. I don't know if I spelled that right but spellcheck is saying I meant methamphetamine....ERRRRRrrr!!!Wrong! Anywhoo...mxe makes sense in regards to methoxetamine but methoxetamine doesn't make sense in n relationship to 3-meo-2-oxo-pce. See what i'm saying? It's almost like mxe is a "branded name." I.E. (without getting all technical because I know i'll be off on the correct proportions, Adderall is a mixture of (dextro/levo)-amphetamine salts. Well, this is probably obvious and therefore a dumb question/observation, but hell, it's what came to mind as I was reading/typing this today.
So I've been off the mxe for the past two weeks. I honestly feel better than I did at the tail end of my last binge. It's next to impossible not to (for me at least) but binging really kind of ruins this glorious compound. Though I always hold mxe in the highest regard, upon honest reflection there is no denying negatives, or at least, it wasn't always unanimously "positive." The last few days of my last stash I spent a lot of time in the bathroom doing mxe, and though I always feel "in control" on it, there was a lot of that negative thought loops that mirror what another user reported earlier. ("you're an addict; you're a lab rat, what if ____ happens in 20 years; what if you make yourself permanently shitzo on this stuff; ect.)VERY interesting and promising to read the post about the bl'er who is using mxe medicinally for the treatment of schitzophrenia.
Anyways I'm feeling a smidge better than two weeks ago: sharper, higher libido, less manic(this is both good and bad for me,) more bored(well that's my own damn fault,) more "aware" of my surroundings but less of that perhaps illusory "mxe awareness." lacking that sort of optimistic kick mxe can sometimes give (it can also get pessimistic and dark/robotic at times) That fucking buzzing tinnitus seems to have mostly subsided or at least isn't as intense thank goodness. I actually feel slightly more creative. Bodily functions such as the runs appear to be more bothersome and I notice little aches and pains(it's touch being in your 20's lol) moreso than when on mxe which isn't surprising given that it's a analgesic. These are just off the top of my head; it's not conclusive enough to form any sort of causal relationship although I do believe there is a relationship. Anyways it was time for a little break. I believe it's also worth noting that I am back to taking my full prescribed daily dose of 40mg adderall (which I cut the dose down to 10-20mg daily, if that, while on mxe as the combination gets to be unpleasant when I dose any more than 20 mg adderall (both mentally and physically. Most worrisome is the hypertension which I can start to literally "feel" and then the panic and a feeling like im going to have a stroke-no bueno. Having tolerance to each I can push the adderall to 30mg tops but I usually settle with 20mg or less. The mxe I just bump throughout the day, literally. It's effin' sort of obnoxious, reminds me of smoking cigs, which I quit 2+ years ago (and within a year started mxe;) Also, it would be wise to not overlook situational factors. I could feel sharper because i'm on a schedule and starting to work out my brain a bit more(compared to summer) I could have higher libido because of all the bodacious booty walking around. I could be feeling good about myself because this is my last semster before graduating college, what reason to not feel good about that? Accomplishing things is my natural high. (fyi, not causal but for the records my grades during my mxe use were the highest they've ever been. Now I know I don't need mxe to make the deans list, but it's worth mentioning. Adderall on the other hand... Ignoring this observation and rationality, I jumped at the chance to order more. This time i'm going to have some self control yeah right lol. I should be partaking in roflcopter enemas within the coming week, G-D willing. Al-LAD as well. Cue James Brown. Cause I feeeeel good donanananana..... :D

Regarding the formation of a source of information for MXE,

I have received a response from one of the mods of the subreddit /r/Methoxetamine/, saying he is happy for us to use it and seems willing to provide mod status for that subreddit. So we can move discussions over there, if the community wants.

These megathreads have been useful but it would be much more organised to use the reddit format to discuss this compound, seeing as there are so many MXE sub-topics (e.g. threads for low dose users, high doses, tolerance, music, ROA, research, mania, long-term etc). I know there are relevant threads here on BL but oftentimes people just post in the main one (guilty as charged).

What do you think of this? My interest is in sticking with the herd which may mean staying here on bluelight, but to me it seems simpler and more organised on reddit. I imagine it would be easier to create the BL wiki page/MXE FAQ from a thriving subreddit as well because we could group the discussions down into relevant threads, as opposed to this giant one. Then it should be easy to collate information for the FAQ/Wiki, with as much research paper as possible, but also bolstered by anecdotes from users.

Last edited:
Hey there boys and girls. Just found this new qualitative study on mxe. The subjects are us; people posting their experiences on internet forums. This could definitely be a credible source on any new wiki page. DISCUSS!!!

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2013.803647#preview

Good read!

Sorry for spelling out MXE's proper chemical name I was just having fun and was morbidly bored haha. I know you were referring to me, but I totally get where you're coming from.

I was checking out the posts in a few threads on vaporizing the Mexican.. But I'm still unsure as to whether or not Propylene Glycol would be viable.
I ask because I freakin' love my new E-hookah. And as I was reading the ingredients of the liquid, I noticed it's only PG and flavor.. Soo, theoretically, I'm thinking dissolving a quantity of my batch into a vial of the liquid could easily be smoked. There's no cotton filtration system in my setup, and I can control the temperature, too. But in one of the threads I read, someone was alluding to being wary of attempting this with PG (even though there was speculation on many other solvents..). Also, the entire thread was talking about lacing a rolled cigarette, not using the E-Hookah vapes. So yah, Just curious if there's any new information.

Hey there boys and girls. Just found this new qualitative study on mxe. The subjects are us; people posting their experiences on internet forums. This could definitely be a credible source on any new wiki page. DISCUSS!!!

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2013.803647#preview

This is by far the most in-depth, thorough and interesting academic/scholarly article about MXE experiences that has been published to date. Whoever put this together did a very good job! Well worth the read!

Hi, Im an occasionnal user of MXE.

Ive a question regarding different batch quality of MXE. I ordered 3*1g and 1*2g (1g 6 month ago, 2g 4 month ago, 1g 3 month ago and 1g 2 week ago).

First batch (6 month) was of epic quality, imo it was really probably "real mxe". 30 mg and I was high for 3 hours minimum, difficulty speaking, hardly able to write something on the web, and at 60mg I was dissociated to the point I didnt feel my body anymore and didn't get a fuck about what was happening to myself. When you read different source (erowid and other), it's how mxe should act.

Second batch (4 month ago) : snorted 200mg with really minimal effect. And effect was different, less stimulating, more sedating. Flushed after 2 try. Didn't know wtf was this chem but wasnt mxe.

Third and fourth batch (3 month and 2 week ago) : I need 70 mg to be baked, and I'm not entirely dissociated. There is some effect that ressemble MXE, but it's more sedating, kinda relaxing to the body (an effect wich I didn't get from first batch), and the effect strongly decrease after the rush (1h30 after the insufflation). The fourth batch was closer to real mxe than the third. But it was nowhere near the first batch I got.

First and second batch came from a supplier wich don't sell anymore MXE.
Third come from a well know european supplier.
Fourth come from another european supplier.

What can explain these difference ? Im somewhat aggravated because I really liked the first XP I got from MXE, and now that's just somewhat okay but not excellent. This generally lack a bit dissociation (fourth batch >> 70mg + 30mg 1h after lead to some good dissociation... but not as euphoric as my first MXE experience). Did you experienced many difference from batch ?

Last edited:
Guys, keep the pointless batch discussion to the EADD MXE thread. If you wanna bring it up in PD, please have it analyzed in some way or bring us some scientific data (physical description of material is not useful data). If you find the previous version of the rules, it was once explicitly forbidden, and even now it is not condoned when the only information you're providing us with is the material's ability to get you high.

Seriously, is it THAT hard to do something as simple as a melting point test, reagent tests, or other such business with a good and bad batch? If someone has already done this (I don't keep up with these threads religiously, ya'know) please direct me to the relavent posts, it'd make good material for the OP of the next version of this thread.

just had a week of non stop mxe and mdpv the love of the drug is back with me and with its come new insite next level is a needle in the arm so bye bye you two so glad we had our love affair

going to mix a small 25mg dose of bk-mdma
with mxe bumps throughout the night at the club

should be good keeping the bk low, nowhere near my usual 150mg spot. is it even worth it?

^ Nah dude at that dose, what's the point? Besides MXE and serotonergic drugs are said to have bad interactions, might as well just skip the BK.

^ Nah dude at that dose, what's the point? Besides MXE and serotonergic drugs are said to have bad interactions, might as well just skip the BK.

Gonna second that.

Just not a good idea.

that's the census i was getting from searching around today.
would love to just stick the mxe, but it's not like ket, and i don't know where the dissociation could land me.

i already dis-included combining apbs, dalt, mdai, mdma, mde, amt and regular stimulants..
would still like to add some upper, psychedelic but don't have stock right now.

don't feel like holing in the vip area, as of now its drinks, benzos and mxe.

i still think a small amount of something would benefit the experience.

I have lots of mxe experience but not in this setting, it would be great if it was on the tail end of the trip but yeah.. timing, timing.
thanks for re-confirming what I've read.

edit: plan on test running; pre-loading with tyrosine, dopa, to push the trip.. we all know how drastic the dissociate spectrum can be...

Last edited:
Hi folks Im planning to trip 2nite on mxe, can you recommend some very good trip music - something very visual ? im most interested in 60 + minute mixes as i dont trust playlists etc. just play the mix and immerse yourself in the world of dissociation

I've had three different friends now who, after taking a strong MXE dose, have quit using drugs. Two have stuck to it. And one got off heroin.
Just sayin'...

@proxopata

in your case i would recommend looking into SPA, relaxtion, meditation music.

i have actually made a 'dissociate' loop, just a tad over 20 seconds. this is what i use when i trip in that room. (well sound equipped)
it consists of all my own synthesized sounds; sounds of waves, chants, and a slow low hz moving bass hum lead by this twirling bit sound.
it's great, with phasing and everything the loop never seems to end in my hearing perception, and allows me to fully immerse in myself without the background environment pulling me elsewhere.

i don't tend to enjoy listening to random songs, playlists or mixes. i most desire complete SILENCE for an mxe trip but that is near impossible in standard settings.
being in a sound-scape like nature is also great.

it does actually bring similarities to the funnels i experience it is a really interesting concept.. but i don't feel it's worth posting, no one has responded to mxe and sleep dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.