View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are talking about my post, i mean being sedated and ready to sleep.
basically passed out and being administered a 100mg dose. -->

like most dissociates there is a up period of energy, so i see where you are coming from.
but that's what i was trying to say.

What would it take to compile an MXE FAQ? Would anyone be interested in doing this? I can't help but feel this substance deserves something similar to William White's DXM FAQ.

You speak truth. I really have not seen any new large, detailed and lovingly crafted FAQs for any new drugs in the last few years. The gods of the 90s need to come down and anoint the chosen one to craft a big meaty and trustworthy MXE FAQ. I'm not qualified unfortunately. The gods need to butter up some ADD'er.
Whatever happened to William White? Hope he ended up with a nice life.

What would it take to compile an MXE FAQ? Would anyone be interested in doing this? I can't help but feel this substance deserves something similar to William White's DXM FAQ.
For a year I've been sending out rally calls for a Wiki-style community-created MXE hub where everyone can contribute by adding/editing/discussing the content. I can write books about it, and I'm sure many others want to chime in with their MXE associated notions, and I think it deserves a venue. I can be a contributor, but I don't know how to get it set up.

For a year I've been sending out rally calls for a Wiki-style community-created MXE hub where everyone can contribute by adding/editing/discussing the content. I can write books about it, and I'm sure many others want to chime in with their MXE associated notions, and I think it deserves a venue. I can be a contributor, but I don't know how to get it set up.

Hmm, an MXE subreddit perhaps? There is one but it's been dead for a while, maybe we could resurrect it?

At the very least I think we could collate all the currently available information onto a single page, I'd be willing to help with that.

This is Mr. Meowfish........I've been away from the thread for a minute but I'm back. I would be very interested in participating in an MXE community of sorts. I've been researching this compound for going on 3 years now and have an enormous amount of information to share with whoever would find it useful. This compound CANNOT be tossed to the side and forgotten about - it's far too important. I am Schizophrenic and 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE is the only drug prescribed or otherwise that has ever helped calm the voices in my head. This could be a genuinely beneficial medication for the mentally ill if it doesn't get overlooked as just another "Party Drug". It NEEDS to be studied by legitimate institutions. All of BL can feel free to pick my brain if you have any questions about MXE - I've been using it semi-daily for going on 3 years.
I want SO BAD for this compound to help out my fellow mentally ill human beings. MXE has saved me from the brink of taking my own life on way too many occasions. There is something special about this compound - and not just because it get's you high. It could help save and change people's lives. It's changed mine.

That sounds awesome. A lot of useful information gets added to these Big & Dandy threads, but the forum-thread format is pretty disorganized. If that information could be consolidated into a Wiki, I think it would be a lot more accessible.

Equally awesome would be formal scientific studies looking into human consumption of MXE.

Bluelight does have its own Wiki... would that be a good vehicle for this idea?

This is Mr. Meowfish........I've been away from the thread for a minute but I'm back. I would be very interested in participating in an MXE community of sorts. I've been researching this compound for going on 3 years now and have an enormous amount of information to share with whoever would find it useful. This compound CANNOT be tossed to the side and forgotten about - it's far too important. I am Schizophrenic and 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE is the only drug prescribed or otherwise that has ever helped calm the voices in my head. This could be a genuinely beneficial medication for the mentally ill if it doesn't get overlooked as just another "Party Drug". It NEEDS to be studied by legitimate institutions. All of BL can feel free to pick my brain if you have any questions about MXE - I've been using it semi-daily for going on 3 years.
I want SO BAD for this compound to help out my fellow mentally ill human beings. MXE has saved me from the brink of taking my own life on way too many occasions. There is something special about this compound - and not just because it get's you high. It could help save and change people's lives. It's changed mine.

MXE brought myself and Mr. Meowfish together, found one of the long-lost brothers I never had! LSD and MXE definitely brought upon brilliant conversations concerning life, the universe, and healing of the mind.

I agree and think that MXE can be a positive experience for a lot of people. However, because of the society we live in, making information about the drug easier to find will increase the number of users will fast track the inevitable attention by the authorities ( & the media) and subsequent banning of the substance as has happened in the UK (due to over aggressive marketing in that case). I'd prefer to keep it in the hands of the few willing to seek out the info about it. Keeping it underground is the way to go IMO.

Also, I would suggest that people don't use it in public. The best experiences are when you don't have to be aware of your environment anyway. Most of the bad experience I have read are where people took it in the wrong setting or around the wrong people.

I agree and think that MXE can be a positive experience for a lot of people. However, because of the society we live in, making information about the drug easier to find will increase the number of users will fast track the inevitable attention by the authorities ( & the media) and subsequent banning of the substance as has happened in the UK (due to over aggressive marketing in that case). I'd prefer to keep it in the hands of the few willing to seek out the info about it. Keeping it underground is the way to go IMO.
I don't think a project like this would really increase the number of users...Trip reports from Erowid and Lyceum are how I learned about DXM, and the FAQ, the FAQ taught me some guidelines and gave me some good ideas, and likely kept me from dosing every other day.
The point being, that folks who would find and read this possible Wiki would already know of MXE's existence, but might like some quality reading material.
Applecore, neat idea about fleshing out the bluelight wiki.

So I've noticed I react incredibly differently to MXE depending on the doses and I was wondering if anyone else could relate :)
At both low (10-20mg snorted) and high (between 70-100mg) I tend to get extremely anxious and paranoid - usually start obsessing about completely random thoughts that never really cross my mind otherwise, such as the idea that everyone I know is aware of my drug use, that I'm ruining my life with drugs, and even that my life is over and I should kill myself because I've messed everything up. However, around 40-50mg I get the usual euphoric, calm, introspective effects. I haven't really considered the experiences on low/high doses to be awful or anything because I'm usually also extremely confused and not sure what's happening anyway, but I'm really curious to hear if anyone else really needs to find a specific 'sweet spot' on MXE to find it enjoyable/beneficial.

So I've noticed I react incredibly differently to MXE depending on the doses and I was wondering if anyone else could relate :)
At both low (10-20mg snorted) and high (between 70-100mg) I tend to get extremely anxious and paranoid - usually start obsessing about completely random thoughts that never really cross my mind otherwise, such as the idea that everyone I know is aware of my drug use, that I'm ruining my life with drugs, and even that my life is over and I should kill myself because I've messed everything up. However, around 40-50mg I get the usual euphoric, calm, introspective effects. I haven't really considered the experiences on low/high doses to be awful or anything because I'm usually also extremely confused and not sure what's happening anyway, but I'm really curious to hear if anyone else really needs to find a specific 'sweet spot' on MXE to find it enjoyable/beneficial.

Actually I completely agree with this. I have a past with drug addiction (mainly IV heroin and what not) and I will get stuck with those obsessive thoughts as well. I do believe there is sweet spot when it comes to 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE for some users, but not all. I don't find high doses particularly therapeutic or euphoric, mostly manic.

Oh cool I'm reassured to hear that, thanks. Yeah I also quit IV heroin a few months ago so that might be playing a role...'obsessive' is definitely the right word. Good to know it's not just me though :)

Definitely not just you.

I'm about to run out of my last batch of 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE. Hopefully the vendor I placed an order for a gram of some new MXE is legit, because it as a bit pricey. Also ordered some testers of 2-fma and ethylphenidate, just to test the quality and I hate the local selection of stims (adderall or vyvanse... blehhh) I need a pick me up sometimes. Although MXE is stimulating at times, it's definitely not a functional stimulant.

I miss it so much. Such an intriguing chemical, I have to get some more :) Along with my first ever GBL purchase! :D

I miss it so much. Such an intriguing chemical, I have to get some more :) Along with my first ever GBL purchase! :D

So intriguing indeed, more intriguing than ketamine if i might say. Such depth to this chemical. It seems like every batch of mxe has it's own characteristics as well? Don't you guize think? For example, how ketamine has different forms/different isomers

I had a run-in with one of the lower quality batches going around. Man, I was spoiled with good stuff for so long! Now I understand what people go on about poor MXE. It still has most of the effects, but the biggest notable difference is the smell, not really the outright smell, but the smell of it in the body metabolizing and coming out of the pores. It's a very unattractive smell, sour almost, and it feels as if it could be more toxic than the high quality variant which has that almost sweet fragrant, floral smell. I've noticed a touch of that smell in a couple higher quality kinds, but it is overpowered by the better smell. I ultimately flushed it after a couple sessions. It wasn't positive, it was dark.

I had a run-in with one of the lower quality batches going around. Man, I was spoiled with good stuff for so long! Now I understand what people go on about poor MXE. It still has most of the effects, but the biggest notable difference is the smell, not really the outright smell, but the smell of it in the body metabolizing and coming out of the pores. It's a very unattractive smell, sour almost, and it feels as if it could be more toxic than the high quality variant which has that almost sweet fragrant, floral smell. I've noticed a touch of that smell in a couple higher quality kinds, but it is overpowered by the better smell. I ultimately flushed it after a couple sessions. It wasn't positive, it was dark.

The smell evaporates completely if you leave the bag open for a few days & stir it up. I had the same thing & now I always leave it exposed to the air before I use any. It's not that it's bad quality MXE, but when it's freshly made it needs a few days to dry out the solvents used. You should have just aired it out instead of flushing it.

^I did save about 50mg for if I ever feel desperate enough, so I will try out your theory. I have my doubts, but it's worth a shot. Like I said it wasn't the actual smell (didn't really have any appreciable smell when i stuck my nose in it), it was the smell and feeling of it as it's being processed in vitro. Could solvent account for that much difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.