View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really interesting to me to see how most people react to 4-HO-MiPT. For me, no matter the dosage it was always incredibly subtle. Never had any visuals even when pushed to 40mg+. Mental stimulation was negligible as well. It reminded me of 2C-D in it's tofu-ness (not in individual effects, persay). Combined with certain other psychedelics it offered some nice augmentation to the regular experience, but on it's own it was fairly bland.

How did you like 20mg? I've honestly been considering starting higher than 15. From what I've read, 15 is pretty mild, even more so when it's the fumarate which is only around 68% 4-ho-mipt by weight.

I know I should start low and work my way up, but I don't get many days off and don't really want to waste a tripping day on an underwhelming experience.

Yeah, the beginning of the thread I saw how people got the hcl version, so I upped the dose too. 20mg was good. I was functional, but had a nice frying time, no more no less. Everything looked like it was breathing/waving, and in fact it would come in waves. It put me in a "funny" mood, which I gather was from the euphoria, body high, plus its mood lift. In comparison, lsd doesn't lift my mood at all, but I'll get a good session in with 2 tabs. 1 hardly does anything.

Shit! I had a really bad trip the other day taking this, and that's the first time that has happened. For some reason even though I took a smaller dose that usual, I was just tripping so hard that I couldn't see anything, reality was being torn apart and had pretty much been completely replaced by hallucinations. I wasn't expecting this at all and wasn't ready or willing, so I was fighting against it which is always bad. As I was panicking thinking I might die or lose my mind forever, I barely managed to make my way from my living room to bedroom to get a couple of benzos to abort the trip. I just wanted to get as far from tripping as possible. When the benzos kicked in, I calmed down a lot and managed to enjoy the trip a bit although it just wasn't the same.

That sounds very similar to my 150mg dose. The only rc's I have, so far, are miprocin and 5 mapb. They are both fumurate, tan colored, and the texture is even the same. That's how I had mistaken them for each other, and marked the baggies after that.

I think it induced a panic state because it was sudden, irreversible, and unexpected. It certainly did take apart reality for me too that day. I don't have any downers/benzos, and like a bad acid trip I constantly reminded myself that it isn't permanent and will go away once the trip ends. But unlike lsd, the miprocin trip became really enjoyable and wondrous after I remembered to "remember" that tip, which was hard to do at first in that state.

But seems like you also had a bad reaction? Have you been taking any other chems/meds? I'm surprised at the difference in reaction to specific doses too. A few weeks ago, I took a 50 mg dose and it was only a tad stronger than 20 mg doses I took in the past. Like any psychedelic, mental states can make trips fluctuate a lot, but you would know best if that was more likely the case or not.

It's really interesting to me to see how most people react to 4-HO-MiPT. For me, no matter the dosage it was always incredibly subtle. Never had any visuals even when pushed to 40mg+. Mental stimulation was negligible as well. It reminded me of 2C-D in it's tofu-ness (not in individual effects, persay). Combined with certain other psychedelics it offered some nice augmentation to the regular experience, but on it's own it was fairly bland.

Wow, no visuals even at 40+? I bet you have quite the tolerance level, maybe cross tolerance with other chems? Though I'm just poking in the dark here =). Have you pushed the dose any higher?

It seems safe to do, so I plan on taking that 70mg dose this weekend. A lot sooner than I planned, but now I really want to see what the effects will be after so much variation has been reported, including my own trials.

I'm actually going to take that 70mg dose in a few hours. Just got done scaling and packing the gel caps.

Will be going out to a friend's pad and take it after a herb session. They will be dropping mdma too (not me though), and my friend who I gave some to last time also wants a 70mg cap too, but he might "miprocinflip" so it'll be interesting. I'll report back tomorrow morning.

Speaking of vasoconstriction, I believe there has to be something going on, or at least the very least an interaction, because I once got extremely dizzy and passed out on the come up from 4-ho-mipt. I did not have any problems after that but I always get the same tingly feelings in my arms and legs as I do when I take stimulants and the dizziness is often present. But who knows how much of a tactile hallucination that is versus what is really going on.

Wow, no visuals even at 40+? I bet you have quite the tolerance level, maybe cross tolerance with other chems? Though I'm just poking in the dark here =). Have you pushed the dose any higher?

I wouldn't say I have a crazy tolerance, but I have pushed the doses on certain chems. I got some nice visuals from ~14mg of 4-HO-MET (my favorite 4-sub rc). I guess 4-HO-MET just doesn't work with my brain chemistry.

Okaaay, I have to say that 70 mg dose was a blast. Idk if it was the weed or the dose exactly, but it was overwhelming except this time it's what I was going for. Lots of visuals, lots of audio hallucinations this time, and my palms were soaked like that one time before. Had to get help to go to the couch since I could barely walk.

Edit: That's all I have for how because I'm still out (typing this up on my phone). Will report more later.

Last edited:
Seems like 70mg is the sweet spot. I think anything more would be a waste, but I might try 80mg and see if it is. I also have a high tolerance to weed so I don't think it had much of an effect, plus I didn't smoke that much either.

The come up was fast. Onset was creeping after 20 minutes, then maybe another 20 minutes everything went wavy and wobbly, so from functional to non-functional during that span. It was actually quicker than that, I'd estimate around t+37 and then t+40, during that time frame I went from okay to...gone. Hallucinations were plenty and probably even stronger than my 150mg dose, but I attribute some of that to a much different setting as there was a lot of noise (talking, music, banging and stomping, etc.). I could hear my friends conversing clearly but sometimes they were saying something I knew they weren't saying (eg. I heard someone say "The rock is dirty! Get down!" Which makes absolutely no sense so I know I just hallucinated it). Music was trippy, to say the least. Sometimes it sounded like it was far away, or too loud. It's hard to describe, especially with so much going on at once. I remember laying on the couch and thought I was there the whole night. Then I found out later it had only been 15 minutes after yawning and stretching.

I feel like this chem really does produce different effects and strengths depending on mindset, who you're with, and setting more so than other psychedelics I've tried. For example something like 2cp's psychedelic effects were pretty linear no matter where I was (except for color saturation), night and day wasn't much different either. Psilocybin shrooms seem to have the same effects too, but that one really shines outdoors like on trails and hikes.

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to rely on a full blown trip by taking a 150mg dose. I'm glad that one poster from earlier warned me about that being a waste, because it is. Although I plan on taking 80mg next time just to see if it gets any stronger, though I doubt it. 70mg was a mind opening trip, and I had that water-droplet-splashing-in-a-pond ripple effect all throughout my vision again, which was cool. The demons came back, except as pigs instead of mooses. Ah, my friends.

Also, my friend who wanted the other 70mg dose didn't take it last night, he plans to save it and take it on a "rainy" day. But he was cool and was a sitter for me.

Shpongleton- It definitely might give you vasoconstriction, I think I remember some posters have reported that, or was it leg tremors? I'm not sure, but I don't want to say it doesn't, when it might, just because I didn't get it. You could also touch your lower leg/feet and see if it's cold. An unrelated chem, 5 mapb, for sure gave me vasoconstriction before as those lower extremities were cold to the touch for me, almost ice cold.

Contained-Cool, so you do have a good tolerance then. =) I guess your experiences might've dulled miprocin's effects? Maybe try a higher dose? But that seems to be the beauty of tryptamines; the variability of it, even with the same person.

I haven't done that many like most of you guys had, I'm fairly new to rc's. I'm still waiting for my 4 ho met to come, so I can't wait to try that alone and combine it with miprocin after that.

I've had my only two bad trips (out of ~30 trips total) with 4-HO-MIPT (granted there were other substances involved in the 2nd one). I've also had one mind blowing time when I mixed it with MXE. I respect this substance a lot, but it certainly does not have a positive push for me.

Shit! I had a really bad trip the other day taking this, and that's the first time that has happened. For some reason even though I took a smaller dose that usual, I was just tripping so hard that I couldn't see anything, reality was being torn apart and had pretty much been completely replaced by hallucinations. I wasn't expecting this at all and wasn't ready or willing, so I was fighting against it which is always bad. As I was panicking thinking I might die or lose my mind forever, I barely managed to make my way from my living room to bedroom to get a couple of benzos to abort the trip. I just wanted to get as far from tripping as possible. When the benzos kicked in, I calmed down a lot and managed to enjoy the trip a bit although it just wasn't the same.

I relate this!

Am i the only one that finds this one extremley efficient ? I dont need more than 12 mg for a good trip. Visual activity at as low as 6 mg. One thing to mention is that i had a break from psychedelics for 3 years after surfing the hyperspace for few hours on 80 mg 4-aco-dmt and 900 mg Dxm but who wouldn't lay off mind altering after this (wont go into details ,i had to integrate it to jump into again). Maby thats the reason for over sensitivity.

LSD i need 100-150 ug but had doses up to 350 ug(tested tabs). 4-ho-met 10-12 mg is good dose, mushrooms not much exp here (didnt like the nausea) but 2-3g was ++, 2c-c need more than 30 mg orally , 30 mg nassaly was overwhelming.

Had 3 trips on 4-ho-mipt 6mg (+),8mg(+/++),12mg(++/+++) (would try 1-2 mg more next time) . Noticed leg tremors, nausea/bodyload on the come up but nothing extreme like mushrooms can be for me, extreme euforia and mindset, visuals weren't that great ,great mood lift, thistyness , had to urinate often.

On the other hand my friend had similar intensity on 22mg as me on 6 mg. That means + on shulgin scale.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes i'm not a native speaker.

Mm, just got some 4 ho met today (thanks Xorkoth, for the recommendation!). Another good amount too. Will put it in a safe and try it out in a month or so. Does anybody have a general idea of how this will combine with 4 ho mipt?

I'm also now able to get 2C-I, so I'm wondering if that can be combined with either trypts? (Is it worth getting anyway? ). I've heard of them being done, but only found a few reports with not much in the way of how safe they generally are to combine. Just hardcore peeps trippin' and having fun, lol. I want to know if there are any warnings or preparations for a phen/trypt combo. Thanks!

Nvm, got the info I needed. I'll let this thread carry on, as it were. Heh.

I quit all chems for a while, but now I'm getting back in this thing. Mostly thanks to miprocin and Xorkoth! This thread is cool. =)

Divided 1000mg into 8 doses. An hour after taking a single dose orally, I was seeing black helicopters. My trip sitting friend saw the same thing I did.
The peak was quite intense and provided me with a third party experience, which I've experienced again. I found it to be more potent than 7g of cubes. My only gripe is the duration, where it took 10 hours to be able to sleep. Very clean RC, with little body load. YMMV

Jesus, 125mg doses? That's insanely high. Do you have a super tolerance to psychedelics? Most people take 15-30mg. I bet that WAS more intense than 7 grams of mushrooms!

Jesus, 125mg doses? That's insanely high. Do you have a super tolerance to psychedelics? Most people take 15-30mg. I bet that WAS more intense than 7 grams of mushrooms!

Yes, very high doses, which I do not recommend for an inexperienced user. The product was in fumarate form and I weigh 260 lbs or so. Cross tolerance was not a factor. Product batch was GC/MS analyzed by two independent labs. Polydrug use did not take place other than the intake of a single 12oz beer.

The most common idea is that tryptamines don't really take into account body weight so much... I know very heavy people who take lower doses than me and very light people who take heavier doses than me. As opposed to something like ibogaine where body weight is an important factor. Anyway, glad you added a disclaimer, those are some HEFTY doses.

Indeed. I wouldn't even take that kind of astronomical dose knowingly, it seems like a bit of a waste. You could, theoretically, get some very worthwhile trips and at least multiply your number of trips x2.

But I'm not pretending to know your intentions and how you react to those levels (125mg, 60mg, 20mg...). If you're looking to get blown out of the water every time and don't care about conserving the bad ass miprocin, then lol you got a good plan there. Just throwing out a tip that it may be a waste as I have found out.

Ever since Xorkoth and Mkat gave me those tips and warnings about my 150mg trial, it stuck with me so I have no intentions of purposely going that high.

But damn, enjoy your trips. Miprocin is crazy, man. It's one of the best drugs I've ever tried. The body high, euphoria, visual and mental effects are fucking amazing, with positive and happy undertones throughout the trip. Can't wait to combine this with metocin on Thanksgiving. =)

I've combo'd 4-ho-mipt and 4 -aco-met at about 10 mgs each in the same cap (I think I enjoy 5-meo-mipt at 8-10 mgs &4-aco-met at 12-15mgs more though). Very interesting. Visual, relaxing and DEEP. I sat on my deck basking in the early summer sun. Very enjoyable to say the least. Have fun on American feast day!

Ah, what's the difference between the aco and ho met? Is there one? Yeah I'm also going to start low on combos...right around there because I don't want to underestimate the synergy.

And thanks. Since I'm older now, I always plan for the future. Whereas before, I was always fixated on today. Like they say, "there's always a next time."

Status
Not open for further replies.