View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a very positive first experience with miprocin last night. One friend and I took ~18mg and my other friend took 15 because she is tiny.

First alerts felt about half an hour after ingestion, and definitely tripping after an hour. Peaked about an hour after that, and then a gentle decline in effects for the next two to three hours. Experienced difficulty sleeping until about T+7:00.

Comeup was a bit rough, but not as bad or intense as 4-AcO-DMT. Mild stomach distress that passed quickly. And one of my friends felt the leg tremors that I have read are commonplace with this chem. I didn't feel the tremors, but I did feel a tightness in my leg muscles that made it weird to walk at points. Stretching helped though.

Headspace was introspective but not so much that I couldn't talk to my friends. I did notice that I had some trouble expressing ideas, but with time and patience Id get it out. I also connected thoughts very quickly and tangentially to seemingly unrelated ideas.
Visuals were fun but not overwhelming. Things definitely got trippy when looking at them, and at one point my peripheral was full of spirals overlaying everything. As usual, it was fantastic being outside and surrounded by nature.
One of the weirdest things I experienced was at one point outside, I heard a noise. But I didn't just hear it, I felt it. It was like getting shot in the head with a laser gun. Not painful but not particularly pleasant either.

Overall, a good time. Weed was a lovely addition.
I have a lot of experience with 4-AcO-DMT, and miprocin is certainly much less serious and less spiritual. It's nice for when I don't quite want to remember my entire childhood and feel guilty for everything I've done, which is what 4-AcO tends to do. Also its short duration is nice for when you don't have a whole day but still want to trip. I'm excited to use this again in the future, and I would feel comfortable taking a dose around 20-22mg.

^wow sounds like an incredible time. really can't wait for this one to arrive. thank you for the report. i like the less spiritual psychedelics, i actually have found the only spiritual drugs I've truly experienced were 4-ho-met and my first mxe hole really. bizarre i know. 4-ho-dipt to some extent too, gave me a lot of insights into my life and just what I'm doing etc.

^wow sounds like an incredible time. really can't wait for this one to arrive. thank you for the report. i like the less spiritual psychedelics, i actually have found the only spiritual drugs I've truly experienced were 4-ho-met and my first mxe hole really. bizarre i know. 4-ho-dipt to some extent too, gave me a lot of insights into my life and just what I'm doing etc.

Miprocin is certainly insightful, especially in comparison to a very recreational psychedelic such as the NBOMes. But not quite the learning experience that 4-AcO-DMT is.
And it's funny that you mention MXE, as I just ate 50mg. :D

Tried this yesterday with a few friends. Low-moderate trip, probably inbetween. My friend's first time with any psychedelic. We all had an excellent experience. Previous to this ive got experience with 25c-NBOMe, and Miprocin wins by a mile.

Usually im an anxious and paranoid person in public and avoid going out if possible. The miprocin killed all anxiety and left me and my friend giggling like idiots at the shops. I love this stuff.

^^just remember not to overdo it. i wouldn't exactly say that's what i do with psychedelics, since i "only" trip maybe once per month.

but i feel like the more i take miprocin, the more slight side-effects become apparent (slight headache and very slight tummy ache on the comedown) and the less impressive the psychedelic effects seem to become.
i've also experienced this with 2ce and 2cb. awesome in the beginning...and eventually becoming, well, still pretty great, but sometimes so-so.

i suppose it is just the novelty of the experience wearing off, and a reminder for me not to trip so much.

and with that said....and it being the summer that i completed my PhD studies!....and the last summer before i become a father to a baby girl!!.....i'm getting ready to go to a music festival and dose some LSD (or maybe 2c-e) only 12 days after taking 22 mg miprocin and riding my bicycle around.

Last night around 8 PM, for a number of reasons, I decided to do my 3rd trip with a 40mg dose. I wanted to write another trip report to post on here, but the experience blindsided me and I was apart from reality for a solid 3 hours. There was one point of about an hour where I lost all time perception, and I thought HOURS had passed. It really felt like it. The fractals and visions I saw... it felt like I was staring into the raw, timeless heart of the universe. It felt like I was in a secret, locked level of life, and the miprocin that I used to get there was the cheat code. I am irrevocably changed, this stuff does not pussyfoot around the lessons it gives you.

TAKE THIS STUFF, people.

Another thing i've noticed is how dissociating this can be which is typical of Tryptamines from what i've read. I hit my hand on a drum kit really hard, almost had to force out a reaction from habit but didn't. Both me and my friend agreed our pain threshold was ATLEAST doubled.

Your not alone bud, well... I can't comment on the pain sensitivity because it's not something I ever noticed but I have noticed some slight dissociation or almost even an alcohol like inebriation from 4-subbed tryptamines. For me though, miprocin wasn't nearly as bad as 4-aco-dmt. Psilacetin just seems very hazy to me, especially at higher doses where I'm stumbling quite a bit, moreso than I'm even aware of I would assume. Another 4-sub that shared this effect was ethocin (4-ho-det), felt pretty hazy to me as well.

Edit: I'm sorry, you said your pain threshold was increased? Yeah, I can agree with that.

Last edited:
I haven't tried this one yet, but I can comment that both LSD and psilocybin raise my pain threshold quite a bit, almost a sort of analgesic effect. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if this ended up being a characteristic of all tryptamines and lysergamides.

Tryptamines definitely "inebriate" me in the sense that they reduce coordination, make me stumble a bit, etc. I haven't specifically noticed what you said about pain threshhold exactly, but I can attest that I can exercise/do physical activity without feeling the "burn" of working my body.

I recently had two more very heavy trips on this stuff (I have yet to write reports on them), and I am forever changed. I started off using them as a way of entertainment/insights, but 5 days ago I went far deeper in than I intended. It was a very heavy experience, and I left it feeling a bit shellshocked. This feeling persisted, and last night I felt I needed to take another dose, I somehow knew it could fix my issue. I left the negative environment the other trip was in, and I felt one with everything outside. I handled it without a sweat, and I left it feeling cleansed and enlightened with universal knowledge.

Since then, my empathy for people has improved, I'm no longer selfish, and I feel a deep need to help other people in life. Today I gave a coworker who was out of money for food $20, even small things like that can make a difference. All acts of kindness reverberate, and anyone who considers themself a real psychonaut must be willing to give freely to help others.

I still remember the 150 mg trip I had, and yeah set and setting is of extreme importance for this chem. I probably would've had a completely different trip if my lamps weren't on in my room, and for 2 hours I couldn't even get up out of bed or walk. In total darkness, I have no idea how it would've been but it probably wouldn't have been a 'friendly' trip. I've never really flipped out, even on bad trips (unless a painful, knocking sensation on my head with some grimacing counts as one, while laying in the fetal position for half an hour <- was on acid, lol), but I'm a calm and quiet person anyways. I forgot to mention I had shrooms several times, and this stuff definitely brings out your giggly sense of humor like shrooms do, esp. in a group setting. A couple months back when my friends and I were drugged up on this stuff on a 20mg dose, we were sitting in the garage and after having some weed and cigs, there was a HUGE moment of silence with the 6 of us just staring at each other. Then when one of my friends started laughing for no reason, all of us were howling with laughter for a while. Shrooms had a similar effect as well.

I'm getting ready to take a ~50 mg dose in about a week or so. I'll be reporting back here and hoping I get a similar kind of trip as before. There will be 2 other friends taking the same dose so I'd love to see what miprocin does at a high dose and not by myself like last time.

Several of my friends used 4-ho-mipt now, usually at 25 mg fumarate salt. From what I gather, this is pretty strong and mind-opening dose, most people seeing visuals, and having entheogenic/religious effects. But it is usually not overwhelming.
For person that used psychedelics for the first time, it was very powerful experience, and while it ended well, I think less would be better for the first time. For most, this substance is sensory and especially tactile. It does not cloud the mind as strongly, as shrooms, but still a lot.

I ended up taking the 50mg trip on Tuesday. Only one other friend took the same dose, and he's more experienced than I am.

I didn't get anywhere close to the same effects as the 150mg dose I took, but it was still strong enough to the point where I wouldn't be able to operate anything efficiently. Missed the fridge handle, stumbled a few times, stairs are too difficult to navigate without rails, etc. but I could perceive reality much better than the psychedelic world, which was the biggest difference to me. Probably a 75/25 ratio, favoring the real world.

My friend, however, looked like he was completely gone. He couldn't get up from his chair, and kept wondering if he was on an island, literally. He would recognize me, and then he couldn't, and it was fascinating to me on the outside looking in. Afterwards, he admitted that it was a lot stronger than he thought it would be, and likened it to a K hole except he felt great and the experience was very positive.

Does this stuff have a tolerance threshold? And at what point does tolerance drop off? I'm hoping that this stuff isn't like E, where the magic goes down hill after every dose. I've waited about a whole month to do this chem again too. I'm practically itching to take a higher dose. =I

^ Miprocin mainly works as a 5HT-agonist, so tolerance works differently than with MDMA-type drugs (which are monoamine (5HT, dopamine, norepinephrine) releasers). If you only dose once a month or less, a high dose should still give you a strong experience.

I've personally found that to be the case. I don't take MDMA often at all, and my first roll was by far my best... nowadays it's barely even the same drug.

Yeah, me too. My first roll was the best high I've gotten out of any drug. Supreme euphoria, mood, wonder, all senses heightened, etc. everything you guys know. I've taken a 2 year break before and it still didn't affect me like it did the first time. I kept taking more after that break, taking a lot at once trying to get a similar roll as my first time, but it never happened. I'm envious but happy for those who still get that magical peak, I have friends who still do and it's great seeing them get floored after a lightshow, lol. Like rem under those eyelids! But yeah, I ended up quitting it altogether last year because the magic disappeared.

The 5 mapb unexpectedly hit hard, (wanted to see the hype and hope I get that peak) but it felt like it's trying to be mdma and then it doesn't quite get there. Then it seems to have dropped off from there too. It also has a few extra bad effects, eg. my lower limbs became cold and numb, which I never got from anything before. I'm extemely wary of that one, but I'm not about to throw it away.

Heh, sorry for derailing too.

Anyway, was just wondering, and hoping not, that miprocin doesn't have a similar drop off as E. I realize everyone is different and will be affected differently, esp. psychedelics, but there seems to be a number of rule of thumbs that are generally the same for everyone. Just wondering if you guys had something similar happen too.

And thanks for the info Bagseed. Yeah, the 50 mg trip was definitely strong, though after the last trip I had, in comparison this time I could talk and walk around, and the hallucinations were really weak and abstract. It didn't seem as realistic, aka felt like straight up frying, but it was still enjoyable. The body high and euphoria were on par with the 150mg trip, just moderate oev, hardly any cev, and most cognitive functions were sober-like. I'm hoping my body chemistry didn't mess up the "magic" in miprocin too. Thanks for the lesson though.

Oh, and btw, which rc is good like miprocin, but maybe a little different in your guys' opinion? Even a guess would be awesome, since for me this is the first psychedelic rc I've ever taken(I don't count 2cp or amt, they seem like they're in their own category). Preferably a 4-ho of some kind. There seems to be a lot, but I only want to get one other one besides this one. Thanks!

4-AcO-DMT is a good one, but it affects people very differently. 4-HO-MET is a very good one, one of my favorites. I haven't done 4-HO-MiPT (yet) but from what I gather 4-HO-MET is probably less overtly psychedelic (except I've read some high-dose reports of it being very psychedelic). It seems focused on the body and emotions. It feels really good and it's euphoric and pretty social.

Some people really like 4-HO-DiPT... I found it underwhelming. 4-AcO-DiPT is another one that people like but I haven't tried it.

I mean there are s many different substances, I was just listing tryptamines. The phenethylamine world is even bigger, there are SO many, and a lot of them are really good psychedelics.

Ah, I see. Thanks Xorkoth! Next I'll go for 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-met. Would combining either one with 4-ho-mipt be a good idea? I imagine there's a lot of cross tolerance there, but I'm just assuming that. Either way, I'll look them up and compare/contrast, and choose one of them after your recommendation. The more euphoric and social one would be more appealing to me, though.

Yeah, the phenethylamine world seems so vast. I had a chance to try 2ce and 2ci (aka smiles, I think, since that's what my friends called it), but I declined and when I wanted to try them weeks later, he ran out. The NBOMe's scare the bejeezus out of me, per reading those threads here on BL, lol. I'm usually sensitive to stimulants and phenethylamines (not really tryptamines, idk why), but I had a really good experience with 2cp. Just the duration irked me a bit, it lasted over 24 hours off of a 15mg dose. I'd love to try more phens, but I don't have a reliable way to get them (I'm here in the U.S.). Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.