View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish 4-AcO-MiPT was still around in abundance, that one was a real gem. Very easy going yet pretty psychedelic and euphoric. Hoping to try the HO counterpart sometime in the near future.

Wow, been researching a bit and there really are so many rc trypts. A lot of them seem hard to find nowadays, but at least I can get 4-ho-met. I've decided to get that one.

Will combine the two after allergy test/initial dose of the 4-ho-met is positive and successful. Speculation points to similar rc's being safely combined after those 2 test doses bring positive results on their own. Is that correct?

It'll probably be around thanksgiving before I try that one though. I really want to experiment with miprocin by itself some more. Will be taking a 70 mg dose next month and report back then.

Miprocin really has a positive vibe and I've had fun every time, plus it feels physically safe, so thanks to this thread I became aware of it. I was searching for an mdma substitute, did a search about 5 mapb, and this thread came up. So bam, I got some after reading through most of it, lol. Happy+safe tripping guys!!!

Yeah there are a lot of tryptamines, though nowhere near the number of phenethylamines. I haven't tried the vast majority of the tryptamines though. I'd like to fix that, I seem to be drawn to trip on tryptamines a lot less often than phenethylamines, though it's partly because DOC (a phenethylamine) is my favorite overall psychedelic and the thing I most often take.

I tried 4-ACO-DIPT last night, this stuff shines at night good music had a great visuals plugin for iTunes Aeon, its a blast.

As far as effects go this was a low dose but lighting in a dark room really comes alive, bit reminicent of 4-HO-MET, but less visual, les colorful. I redosed bigger after a few hours when coming down a bit, nice material, got going quite nicely, think I prefer 4-HO-MET<3 (many thanks Xorkoth) but will explore this material tfurther

But when the sun came up and at daylight I felt robbed of my experience, wavey lines in the air, like above hot asphalt, things even bending / breathing a bit as this was a higher redose. But no colours anymore whatsoever, think it would have been grand if I would be able to darken the studio, getting good curtain asap! Not one for daytime IMO.

Have any of you you tried 4-HO-MET (or 4-ACO-DIPT) during daytime, outside etc? What are your experiences? How does it compare to night?

IME lighting really comes alive, pulses with music even, after last morning my theory is that darkness combined with a nice cozy environment and nice dimmed lighting and music is a better canvas for this material to shine and give depth and color to your surroundings.

P.s. woke up with some sort of hangover and a headache, perhaps serotonin related, took some 5-HTP. This could be me just being tired from a busy week and had no hangover from 4-HO-MET... Will see if it happens next time..

Last edited:
Xorkoth-DOC looks insane, in a good way. Long trip too. Seems like an extended candyflip but with more intensity, though pardon my lack of a better way to imagine it. Haven't tried it yet, but I skimmed the effects and it definitely sounds like a nice one.

Idk that much about psychedelics, I forgot they cross over from tryptamine to phenethylamine territory too. I'm now beginning to take more interest in them because I got wrecked over stim abuse. Combining them with mj made it fun for a while. But that's why I'm such a nut about safety profiles now.

Shamanism- Idk about 4-ho-met, I probably won't get around to it for 8 weeks or so. I also don't know how close it is to 4-ho-mipt in effects, but that one is definitely different during day time. There seems to be more light visual effects (eg. sun rays visibly piercing through the ground), the vibe is lifted, and it gives you that feeling of clarity like you have better than 20/20 vision. You get a nice euphoria just feeling the weather too, whether it's the warm sunlight or cool wind. At night, it's more introspective and for me, more variable audio/visual hallucinations occur, plus it's not stagnant and can change in an instant. This barely, if it all, happens during day time. I enjoy both in their own way though.

Could be just me, though all of this could be void because this is from 4-ho-mipt and not 4-ho-met. I'll find out eventually though.

I recently got to candyflip for the first time and I wasn't too into it... I was too phased out and "fuzzy", I preferred the LSD alone. DOC isn't really like a candyflip or like LSD. It's kinda like LSD and mescaline had a lovechild. Kind of. DOC allows me to always remain in control of myself, social, functional and physically and mentally adept. It's the amphetamine nature of it I'm sure (it's a psychedelic amphetamine). It's very visual, in a different way than LSD, and euphoric. The euphoria keeps going too, if anything it only increases as it goes on, well into hours 10 through 18+. At times I have had euphoria to rival anything I have felt. DOC almost keeps my mind sober, super-sober even, like amphetamine. I find it cleaner than any amphetamine I've tried though. There is a lot of introspection, critical thought, and emotions are amplified significantly... it's like it makes my brain work better. On occasions where I overdo it with stimulants or empathogens, DOC will come to my rescue and leave me feeling good again afterwards. I went to a festival recently and took MDMA 2 days in a row, methylone also the first day, and candyflipped the 2nd day... MXE all 3 days, plus nitrous, a bit of ketamine, etc, and had too much etizolam the 2nd night and had a partial blackout where I fell into the gas stove and broke it. The third day I woke up like a zombie, I felt so off and incapable of thinking. I decided to take 3.5mg of DOC and I felt amazing all day.

DOC affects me better than anyone else I know though, it's like a perfect thing for my brain. YMMV. For me, it's my favorite all-around psychedelic. But, it's not the best for having deep mystical experiences. It's very earthy and keeps me grounded. I love spending the day exploring nature on it, and the night hanging out with friends and socializing and having deep conversations, maybe have some drinks, etc.

We seem to be talking about a bunch of drugs besides 4-HO-MiPT here, I just realized...

I've been taking this for years now, every month or two on average. Had one or two interesting revelations while on it, but the most bizarre effect seems to be an ability to create with my mind these transparent tubes or whirlwind/whirlpool objects that join together objects in my room or even form the shapes of people right in front of me. And when I listen to music, the music is converted into bizarre shapes and landscapes as I lie there with my eyes shut. And once on a very high dose, sitting there in my room, the shape of the room itself was changing and I felt like I was inside the stomach of some large animal like a whale or dinosaur. One other thing, things tend to take on some kind of maritime, aquatic theme with the patterns of shells and crabs appearing on the floor and just the feeling and appearance of being underwater. That's when the whirlpools tend to start appearing. Anyway I'll let you get back to your business now.

Xorkoth- Lol. I thought I was experienced, but I feel like a noob now. I haven't tried mescaline either. I've done acid the most out of all psychedelics, but only because it's always available for me and all my friends prefer it. I guess that's why I bad tripped the most off of it. I was on a mission to get a good psych/trypt to replace it, and now I've converted a few friends to miprocin.

DOC doesn't sound like that type of chem, which I love, meaning almost zero capacity for bad trips. If I ever get the chance to try it, I will. I love the types where no one can tell you're on anything, but in fact you're tripping balls.

Wow, I've had something similar happen years back. I was on e, acid, ritalin and smoked a bunch of good weed and cigarettes. Didn't get any sleep, nor eat, and I was walking back to my car while feeling so high and weak, then just blacked out...fell down face first into the side of my friend's car in the parking lot and left a dent in it. He said it was okay though. Mixing seems to take a huge toll on the body. But festivals/massives just have that atmosphere where it's okay to be on a million different stuff, lol.

Chasingabee- Just curious, but how much do you usually take (dosage-wise) and have the effects tapered off at all for you? I have g's of this stuff so I'll be stuck with it for a while too. I think the whirlpool effects come from the breathing and shifting nature of it, and it's like oev turns all sight into waves and light into incandescent bubbles, now that I see it from your point of view. On top of very visual, mind-fucky hallucinations which is where it'll probably differ from person to person. Sometimes it just flashes by, or it's hard to make out, or it's like right smack in your field of vision. But it made me feel at peace, and in a really good mood for some reason. I can see how it made you feel like you were inside something while still inside your room. Very trippy. It's like reality goes into the background, with the miprocin trip at the forefront.

Well, I finally got around to ordering a little bit of this (100mg of the fumarate). I'm looking forward to trying it and thinking of taking 15mg the first time. I'm pretty experienced with psychedelics, from what I've read I don't think 15 will be overdoing it.

I'll finally be trying this one out sometime next week or so after wanting to for years. I might just combine it with DOC as it seems like that would be a fun time. As my friend calls it, Dr. HO-MiPT, haha.

I haven't had this one in over a decade, but remember it to be a gem. Back then I was running the tryptamine and phenethylamine gauntlet, so to speak, and can't remember how stimulating this one is - as I've grown sensitive to stims over the years. The last time I had a tryptamine other than fungi, it was psilacetin and it really gave me uncomfortable vasoconstriction so I hope it's all good with miprocin. Anybody have any thoughts on possible vasoconstriction or how stimulating this is? Also, does anybody have any experience testing this with marquis or reagent tests? I've found it tricky to distinguish these damn 4-subs with marquis.

IME, 4-ho-mipt is somewhat stimulating. The real concern seems to be urinary retention. I would say it's a nice mid-point betwixt 4-aco-dmt and 4-aco-met. 4-dmt being more cerebrally acting where 4-met is visual. My 2c

Same. With my limited experience with trypts, all I can say is there was no vasoconstriction with miprocin, from small to even extreme doses. Might be just me though. But this chem is truly a beautiful one.

Well, I finally got around to ordering a little bit of this (100mg of the fumarate). I'm looking forward to trying it and thinking of taking 15mg the first time. I'm pretty experienced with psychedelics, from what I've read I don't think 15 will be overdoing it.

15mg is a good starting dose. I also have the fumarate too, the powder is tan colored and the texture is very fine like powdered sugar. Be careful if you stick a finger in it, it'll get stuck and then you'll have to eat it so as not to waste. =)

I took 1mg for an allergy test, then started at 20mg because I wanted a strong trip. You'll definitely be frying at least on 15mg, with a smile to go with it. It leaves a really nice afterglow too.

I'll finally be trying this one out sometime next week or so after wanting to for years. I might just combine it with DOC as it seems like that would be a fun time. As my friend calls it, Dr. HO-MiPT, haha.

Xorkoth makes me want some DOC too. It's an obscure rc for me relative to my ability of getting some. Plz post about the combination whenever you can. And when you try miprocin by itself too.

I took 1mg for an allergy test, then started at 20mg because I wanted a strong trip. You'll definitely be frying at least on 15mg, with a smile to go with it. It leaves a really nice afterglow too.

How did you like 20mg? I've honestly been considering starting higher than 15. From what I've read, 15 is pretty mild, even more so when it's the fumarate which is only around 68% 4-ho-mipt by weight.

I know I should start low and work my way up, but I don't get many days off and don't really want to waste a tripping day on an underwhelming experience.

Shit! I had a really bad trip the other day taking this, and that's the first time that has happened. For some reason even though I took a smaller dose that usual, I was just tripping so hard that I couldn't see anything, reality was being torn apart and had pretty much been completely replaced by hallucinations. I wasn't expecting this at all and wasn't ready or willing, so I was fighting against it which is always bad. As I was panicking thinking I might die or lose my mind forever, I barely managed to make my way from my living room to bedroom to get a couple of benzos to abort the trip. I just wanted to get as far from tripping as possible. When the benzos kicked in, I calmed down a lot and managed to enjoy the trip a bit although it just wasn't the same.

If you decide to go higher, it may be wise to top out at 18 mgs. There's quite a bit of difference 15-18 mgs. Have you had cubensis mushrooms? If so, at what weight and how comfortable were you in that situation? Also, as I have to remind myself, there's always a next trip. Safe exploring!

Ya, I'm pretty experienced with mushrooms at doses up to 5 grams (dried) though nowadays I don't usually enjoy going over 2.5 grams.

You probably wouldn't be in the deep end then until 22+mgs. But 18 is very satisfying and definitely noticeable and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.