• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eveleivibe: the strips come in a special packaging that young kids would have a difficult time opening, they have a "fold here then rip at the cut" kind of packaging... Maybe someone could link an example of this but if you google image the strips' packaging it'll maybe make a little more sense... I hate the packages of suboxone... Although my zubsolv come in a similar packaging... Except it's a blister package which you have to rip out first... After that it's the same process, fold and rip.
*note* they put my strips in a child proof bottle, so it was... Double child proof. Haha, overkill? Maybe..

bostonbrowntown: best of luck bud, there's nothing wrong with finding a better substitute for you! It's the reason why I switched as well! ^.^

*edit*

Suboxone packaging:
sub01-0005-09.jpg

Zubsolv packaging:
zubsolv-blister.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, being dependent on opiates sucks regardless of the dose you're on or the particular drug itself. There are some people on BL that insist that using opiates twice a week will give you a habit, which to me seems a little ridiculous. From what I've seen, it takes some time to develop true physical dependency, and when that happens...it's definitely not cause for celebration. Getting "dopesick" for the first time shouldn't be seen as a rite of passage for young drug users. I think a lot of opiate users tend to minimize people's problems with other drugs because they don't get sick. I've seen people in detox that were there for cocaine and thought, "What are you doing here?!", knowing that the obsession to use that drug can be almost as bad as the sickness we go through from opiates.

So, I wasn't trying to minimize your habit "Evey", just stating what I've found to be true about buprenorphine: It can be every bit as hard to stop as the drug you were trying to get off in the first place.(not sure if this sentence makes sense)

As far as being maintained on it...sure! It's a hell of a lot easier than a typical opiate addiction to manage.

Is it messed up that I'm not frightened of suboxone withdrawal - I'm more frightened of craving opiates again?
It is messed up that when I hear people say they lost weight during sub withdrawal that it makes me want to go through it for the weight loss loss when I'm doing an MSc in Weight Management n should know better ( weight gain after it) but it still seem attractive the idea of withdrawing cause of the weight loss aspect. Maybe I'm insane.

I know I need to come off suboxone n being ill doesn't frighten me at all. Craving n being addicted again does..... I almost lost my family - n my mind. Who else has seriously agonising constipation wovs never to do it again n with 2 mins of release (trying to put it politely) is downing pills like that had not happened. Wtf??????

PS with me it was more psychological than physical but I'd have preferred physical anyday. For 1 people don't underrstand they think you're making it up etc i could not stop people
Thinking about codeine n I was being forced off it. I thought if I went on bupe I may not romance it tbe way I did codeine (ie never sat in the evenings taking it ending the loneliness etc etc. i may have made the wrong decision but was desparate n suboxone sounded like the answer to my prayer, 'freedom' no more craving, obsessing - I could be "me" again. I'll know one day if I made the right decision or not but I somehow need to be included. I don 't fit with people who are addicted n I don't fit with those who are not. Where do I fit????

Last edited:
The way people try to get off opiates reminds me of the old '80s video game "Frogger", if anyone is familiar with that.

You're a frog trying to cross rivers and roads with all kinds of obstacles that kill you if you jump at the wrong time...You make it to the other side and a new level starts and it's even harder...You can't win the game, it just gets harder and harder until you die....At least you can actually get to the other side and stay off opiates in real life.

Going from one opiate to another is like hopping from lily pad to lily pad, the goal being that you taper everything as you go and try to get to the other side with as little suffering as possible...but as long as you're still taking an opioid of some kind, you're really still just floating on another lily pad....I've yet to hear of anyone who was truly dependent on opiates finding a formula to completely dodge the WDs....

Someone might go:
Heroin
methadone
buprenorphine
kratom
loperamide
low dose benzos with clonidine
off

I've never had all those things at my disposal to really know if it makes it that much easier, but even getting mildly dopesick this past week reminded me of how bad it sucks! In reality, it's not a long time that you have to suffer...although suboxone wd is like a marathon...or fasting for a month...It's pretty hardcore! The good news(or the bad news) is that you can end it at any time if it becomes to tough by simply taking more bupe....but that's like hitting the reset button and being back on the first lily pad!

This is just how it feels for me, I've been through this shit so many times it seems, but if I really look at it....I've pretty much been dependent on opiates for the vast majority of the time since I first used them...It gets tiresome...there's not many people I've met who've just put them down and never looked back...It's a fuckin son of a bitch!

I've had a drink so lets be honest. I wanted opiates in me. Was being forced of codeine. Theres suboxone FREE--- a chance to have to opiate in me every day without losing my family, getting in debt. A good, STRONG opiate that blows codeine out of the water, that is legal I put in me n don't have to obsess. Have my cake n eat it. Who wouldn't?????

The way people try to get off opiates reminds me of the old '80s video game "Frogger", if anyone is familiar with that.

You're a frog trying to cross rivers and roads with all kinds of obstacles that kill you if you jump at the wrong time...You make it to the other side and a new level starts and it's even harder...You can't win the game, it just gets harder and harder until you die....At least you can actually get to the other side and stay off opiates in real life.

Going from one opiate to another is like hopping from lily pad to lily pad, the goal being that you taper everything as you go and try to get to the other side with as little suffering as possible...but as long as you're still taking an opioid of some kind, you're really still just floating on another lily pad....I've yet to hear of anyone who was truly dependent on opiates finding a formula to completely dodge the WDs....

Someone might go:
Heroin
methadone
buprenorphine
kratom
loperamide
low dose benzos with clonidine
off

I've never had all those things at my disposal to really know if it makes it that much easier, but even getting mildly dopesick this past week reminded me of how bad it sucks! In reality, it's not a long time that you have to suffer...although suboxone wd is like a marathon...or fasting for a month...It's pretty hardcore! The good news(or the bad news) is that you can end it at any time if it becomes to tough by simply taking more bupe....but that's like hitting the reset button and being back on the first lily pad!

This is just how it feels for me, I've been through this shit so many times it seems, but if I really look at it....I've pretty much been dependent on opiates for the vast majority of the time since I first used them...It gets tiresome...there's not many people I've met who've just put them down and never looked back...It's a fuckin son of a bitch!

So true! I've been known to say that getting off of one opiate and going to a other one like methadone or sub, is just changing deck chairs on the Titanic...but I like your Frogger one too.
It does get tiring...and twords the end it's just boring. Opiate and benzo WDs are in a league all their own.

I've had a drink so lets be honest. I wanted opiates in me. Was being forced of codeine. Theres suboxone FREE--- a chance to have to opiate in me every day without losing my family, getting in debt. A good, STRONG opiate that blows codeine out of the water, that is legal I put in me n don't have to obsess. Have my cake n eat it. Who wouldn't?????

People who actually want to get clean?

Mr.scag that's the thing I didn't at the time not deep down. I felt that people were trying to control me. I hoped that people who wanted me off opiates were no longer here. I just wanted codeine. I know that sounds bad but I was messed up I even told someone who had recently lost their mam that she was lucky her parents were dead. Thats how messed up in the head I was due to this addiction. I just wanted codeine n felt that life was unbearable without it.
My parents kept coming into my house taking it when I wasn't there, they had the postie give them my parcels n I felt controlled like a small child. I was treated like a child so I acted like one. They made me taper n I had to go there for EVERY dose.
A friend told me about suboxone n it seemed the answer to my prayers so I go onto suboxone. It was ace because it dulled out my emotions n life wasn't so intense. Then I felt extreme emptiness so started drinking heavily craving codeine n wanting to find strongers (as most people know by my stupid threads I made n regret on this section).
Then sub increased to 12 mg n things are getting are better apart from drinking over the hols - I've started liking it again :( but I will fight that.

Its like theres two of me inside this body: one that wants the high, calm, good warm feeling n the other that wants to be healthy, ripped, fit, complete me masters n get some sort of career for me n my daughter. I just wish it was more simple.

I know I have to get off suboxone but I'm really frightened because I don't want to crave opiates again n become some idiot crying hysterically because I only have so much left ot because someone has taken them. The scarey thing is that in my dreams I am addicted again but thankfully I wake up n know I'm not n everything is ok for now.

Sorry for tbe novel.

Happy 2014 everyone the sooner this year is over the better

Evey xxxx

Do you see anyone as part of your treatment? I feel like that could really help you with your situation... I'm seeing a psychologist right now myself, we meet every week or two weeks before I get my script to get drug tested and to talk about my progress... It helps a lot!

I read that post back that I wrote n tbh it was a bit woa is me. What I went through is nothing compared with what some have had to endure. I'm quite lucky. Mr.ssag I read your story on here n I feel for you for what you've been through at such a young age n I admire you for you've used your experience to help others in need. I feel bad for these young kids turning to heroin n or other strong drugs when there's so much out there to explore. It's brilliant that Bluelight exists to help these people n if people can't stop right now to give information to help people use as safely as people.
Meds like suboxone are brilliant tools because if people are not yet ready to stop their addiction it is a means of harm reduction.

Evey x

KPPro I had motivational therapy for six weeks but on the waiting list for counselling (since September n not heard anything yet). I also see my key worker once a fortnight. I'm deferring my studies for a year so I can focus on my recovery (n because I can't afford to pay £146 a month on benefits) n hopefully will get some voluntary work.

Last edited:
^^^

Thank you for the kind words I appreciate that.

And you're right, things like suboxone are just tools to aid in the process of getting clean. You have to want it deep down for it to actually work and take the internal/external steps necessary to get right.

going to see my Sub Dr. today. anything I should ask?

what was that other brand we were talking about? it's on the other page but cant go back now :( ha.

anyway.. help me out. anything?

Zubsolv.. finally got to the other page. server woudlnt let me so I havent got to see the name.

anyway, you think its worth be bringing it up? I am fine on my generic white bupe/nax pills but if it taste better I'd be more than happy for a switch.

^It'll throw off your dosage since it apparently has dfferent BA, so I wouldn't think its a good idea to make the switch.

I'd do it, It works and tastes better to me. Rule of thumb: one 5.7 mg pill is the equivalent of an 8mg sub. They hit faster, dissolve faster, break down faster... Best bupe/Naloxone med out on the market right now IMO. I've tried subs and I much prefer my zubsolv.

Tommy n Mr.scagnatti I'm sorry to change the subject but it's 10:10 pm in the UK n I'd like to wish you both n the whole thread a happy 2014. I've grown quite fond of the people on this theead despite all our silly disagreement. Keep safe ya'll n let's hope we all find some sort of happiness , eh?!!!

Evey xxxx

Zubsolv.. finally got to the other page. server woudlnt let me so I havent got to see the name.

anyway, you think its worth be bringing it up? I am fine on my generic white bupe/nax pills but if it taste better I'd be more than happy for a switch.

Not only does it taste better, but it also supposedly dissolves much faster and is a lot more efficient.

didnt even bring it up; guy trusts me too much last thing I want is for him to start thinking I am doing too much of my own research; I told him I am down to 8MG a day but he still gave 60 pills; ill take it. said he give it for the "just in case". but next time I get the monthly script it will be dosed for 12MG/day. thats still 4MG more than I am taking daily; or almost daily. sometimes ill take 8 in the AM and 4 in PM if needed; back when I was at 12MG I only did 12MG in AM but he says to use AM/PM always. I dont see the need; I think its an ex junkie wanting to use more than once a day type shit. am I wrong peeps? Dr. says I am but I still think I am right.

Status
Not open for further replies.