• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long lasting opiates with the strength of bupe are quite another ball game man... Your tolerance will be quite higher and it'll take at least two weeks clean to get your tolerance down to a level at which 20mg would affect you remotely near to how you want it to.

*edit*

Check an opiate strength chart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equianalgesic

Norco is hydrocodone which is 1:1 strength compared to morphine
Suboxone is buprenorphinne which is 40:1 strength compared to morphine...

Significantly stronger.

It's been 40 hours since I took suboxone i was off all opiates for 2 months and norco 3 months. Past month I've been taking 2 mg suboxone a day I just quit I waited. 40 hours.

I took 2 10 mg norco and I don't feel anything. Did suboxone ruin receptors. Will I ever feel good again from Vicodin or is there still suboxone in me blocking effects. I'm freaking out. It's not treating my chronic pain as well as it used to either

Thanks !
HomieOC

I'll tell you my experience. I did 4mg-6mg of sub a day, for 40 days straight before I relapsed the first Time. I had to do 8 bags of some damn good dope, almost of some I've had to catch a need and I didn't feel anything at all till the 7th bag. its probaly gonna take a good amount of time id give it like a week. And you're gonna have to take a lot. Now if I want to get high, even after waiting id need at least half of bundle or 100-120mg of oxy and before i first started sub my tolerance was only 3 bags tops.

Yes. Will a month of 2 mg effect me enough where I'll never feel Vicodin again ? It's been 49 hours since my last subuxone doses me I didn't feel anything it's been like 58 hours. Now I just took another and waiting to see

No, but like has already been written, 2 mg of Suboxone a day will jack up your tolerance to where 20 mg of hydrocodone will not do much of anything. Especailly if there is a blockade effect. Do not attempt to break through the blockade, it is a common cause of overdose. 49 hours after 2 mg/day and you would feel something if it wasn't for the Subs being stronger. Only way your gonna feel 20 mg of vicodin again is if you stop using Subs and all opiates for a month or more.

If you got on Subs for taking doses of 20 mg of hydro then you made a mistake, sorry to tell you. Maybe it was necessary for your situation in life, so I can't say for sure. But getting off the Subs is going to be a lot harder if you try stopping at 2 mg per day, rather than stopping the norco habit that I assume wasn't too much per day. Of course you can taper off the Subs easier, so if you do a good taper it can be pretty easy to kick.

No, but like has already been written, 2 mg of Suboxone a day will jack up your tolerance to where 20 mg of hydrocodone will not do much of anything. Especailly if there is a blockade effect. Do not attempt to break through the blockade, it is a common cause of overdose. 49 hours after 2 mg/day and you would feel something if it wasn't for the Subs being stronger. Only way your gonna feel 20 mg of vicodin again is if you stop using Subs and all opiates for a month or more.

If you got on Subs for taking doses of 20 mg of hydro then you made a mistake, sorry to tell you. Maybe it was necessary for your situation in life, so I can't say for sure. But getting off the Subs is going to be a lot harder if you try stopping at 2 mg per day, rather than stopping the norco habit that I assume wasn't too much per day. Of course you can taper off the Subs easier, so if you do a good taper it can be pretty easy to kick.

So even two weeks from now. I won't feel norco If I stay on Norco and off suboxone :(

I suffer from chronic pain

^ well then tbh you're pretty fucked. Your tolerance will be up there now. I'm sure Even in a few weeks you would need a good 50mg+ to get high. I wouldn't try to break through tho.

HI guys I am and have been addicted to hydrocodine and oxy for about a year now..im really looking to get off this stuff for real this time,I said that 6 months ago and I really wish I went thru with it because my 50mg habit is now 100mg a day.
my brother told me he acceses to some suboxone that his freind has and he can get me a couple strips..
I know I can stop useing but im scared of getting sick,I tried being sober for 12 hours and I couldnt handle it so I know I cant go cold turkey for 4-5 days plus I cant call off work
My brother told me that he used suboxone for 3 days to get off his opeite addiction and told me to give it a try (hes been sober for 6 months now.
Ok heres the question.
Can I use suboxone just so I can aviod the oxy withdrawl Physical symptoms and then stop useing suboxone? I read that the oxycotin physical symotoms llast up to 5 days so I figured ill use the strips to just get over the physical symotoms then stop uuseing the strips. Is that how it works? Or once I stop takeing the suboxone my oxycontin symptoms will just come back?
I know I can beat the mental addiction, its just the physical symptoms I cannot handle..I need to do something soon because im at 100mg of oxy and im not getting a high from it no more and im worried if I don't stop now, I will continue upping my dose and get to a level where it'll be even harder to get off.
Thanks for all tge the help and support you guys and gals can offer.

I should also mention that I took a whole strip of suboxone about a yeae ago not knowing what it was actually used for and I was just trying to get high but it ended up makeing be very sick and bed ridden for 3 days. Eveything I ate or drank I threw up so im hoping if I use it correctly this time I won't experince that problem again

merged

Hi Moe...you need to wait until your in FULL withdrawn before taking sub. And using it for a week at a low dose could help you get off the oxy. It sounds like you took it before while you had opiates in your system and went into precipitated withdrawl and that's why you were sick.
You said your brother did it...successfully, have him help you.
Start with a low dose of sub (1mg) and work up if needed.

So even two weeks from now. I won't feel norco If I stay on Norco and off suboxone :(

The norco will most likely keep you out of full blown sub WD, but that's about it. If you stop sub at 2mg your going to need quite a bit of norco to help. Like everyone has said, you raised your tolerance past a norco scrip.
You can taper the sub...
Sub is a terrible pain medication in my opinion.

tough day for the Boston peeps on the methadone or having to score; snowing like a MOFO over here.

got to work from home today. here I am just relaxing and posting on Bluelight but "working" on my work computer next to it.

I HATED days like this when using.

^I got a car with AWD, so the 4-6 " they predict throughout the daytime really does not stop me from going wherever I please. Its really clutch in the snow, I can basically go regular street speeds in snow like this. Once it gets worse I gotta tone it down a bit, but a few inches is not much of a concern.

But I could see this snow being a huge concern.

You are gonna need more norco unfortunately, the only way to lower that over a 2 week period is either stopping opiates altogether or taking such a small dose that it doesn't really do much and eventually your tolerance will come down to that level. But obviously complete abstinence is the quickest way to lower a tolerance.

It is worth waiting a few more days to see if the Sub is still blocking the norcos, but after over 48 hours and only taking 2 mg, I think its more a tolerance increase than anything.

tough day for the Boston peeps on the methadone or having to score; snowing like a MOFO over here.

got to work from home today. here I am just relaxing and posting on Bluelight but "working" on my work computer next to it.

I HATED days like this when using.

Most methadone clinics give you take homes for bad weather. Mine gave me two days worth for the storm.

shooting subutex

i have heard alot about how you can shoot subutex because there is no noloxone in it so im gonna give it a try.
I have a pretty decent heroin tolerance but have been clean for about week now and i was looking for some help on how much i should start off with.

youre ok w/ 4MG some days throughout the week and then all of a sudden you sometimes need 14MG? is that just to kill any type of cravings? or what type of withdrawals or feeling are you killing w/ the heavy dosage after so many days of a low dosage?

Cravings, yeah. Plus it will have a kind of nod to it when I didn't take such a dose in a long time, coupled with hydroxyzine, it feels close to a real opioid, won't work several days in a row though.

i have heard alot about how you can shoot subutex because there is no noloxone in it so im gonna give it a try.
I have a pretty decent heroin tolerance but have been clean for about week now and i was looking for some help on how much i should start off with.

Question has been asked a million times. Use the search engine.

By the way, you can IV suboxone the same way you can subutex. The naloxone has nothing to do with it.. it's the bupe itself that causes precipitated withdrawals if you take it while opiates are still in your system.

Going to move this to the bupe megathread.

Sorry, I've never even heard of Zubsolv; what country are you from?

There's no real difference between suboxone and subutex; they have the same active drug, buprenorphine. Suboxone contains naloxone; this is designed to discourage abuse, as injecting it (theoretically) should throw the user into immediate withdrawal, although I know loads of people on this forum who inject suboxone without getting sick. I've never done this myself.

If I had the choice, I'd have the film strips myself; we only get pills in the UK, and if my mouth is dry it can sometimes take up to an hour to dissolve. Apparently the strips dissolve faster?

Anyway, I did used to shoot around 12 mgs of subutex a day for around 2 years. Stupidly, I didn't filter the pills, and I've no idea what the long term effects are. (Although My health is fine now).This was around 4 years ago; since then all bupe prescribed in the UK is the suboxone formulation except for rare cases.

Prepared to have my bubble burst.

so I was on subs for about 9 months, then my Achilles tendon got cut in half and i needed pain killers cause it was hurtin like hell, so my doc switched me to 40 mg of methadone, i did that for about 1&1/2 to 2 months. and I had a bunch of left over sub strips so i switched back over to the subs on my own cause i just kept craving more and more methadone. So I've been on suboxone for 12 days starting at half a strip and working my way up to 16mg a day. I decided that I was done with this opioid bullshit so i got myself a script of xanax bars and stopped taking the suboxone. the weird thing is, is that even when I'm not taking my xanax I feel completely fine, today is day 3 with no WD effects.

The thing is I've been on subs before and if I wait anywhere from 24-36 hours to dose i start getting WD symptoms.. every single time.. but it didn't happen this time.

now, I have read stories about how people quit and feel fine for the first week then the WD's hit em full effect on day 5,6,or 7.

my question is, since I had only been on subs for 12 days (just enough to stabalize) then quit, am I should i expect the withdrawals to hit me in a day or 2? or do you think by the grace of God that I might not have withdrawals?

lemme know what's up.

thanks in advance.

Prepare to be totally underwhelmed when shooting sub...no rush, no nothing. Ain't worth the hole you put in your arm. But I know everyone needs to try it their self...
And like everyone said....no difference between suboxone and subutex...the Nal is not a issue.

so I was on subs for about 9 months, then my Achilles tendon got cut in half and i needed pain killers cause it was hurtin like hell, so my doc switched me to 40 mg of methadone, i did that for about 1&1/2 to 2 months. and I had a bunch of left over sub strips so i switched back over to the subs on my own cause i just kept craving more and more methadone. So I've been on suboxone for 12 days starting at half a strip and working my way up to 16mg a day. I decided that I was done with this opioid bullshit so i got myself a script of xanax bars and stopped taking the suboxone. the weird thing is, is that even when I'm not taking my xanax I feel completely fine, today is day 3 with no WD effects.

The thing is I've been on subs before and if I wait anywhere from 24-36 hours to dose i start getting WD symptoms.. every single time.. but it didn't happen this time.

now, I have read stories about how people quit and feel fine for the first week then the WD's hit em full effect on day 5,6,or 7.

my question is, since I had only been on subs for 12 days (just enough to stabalize) then quit, am I should i expect the withdrawals to hit me in a day or 2? or do you think by the grace of God that I might not have withdrawals?

lemme know what's up.

thanks in advance.

merged

Prepare to be totally underwhelmed when shooting sub...no rush, no nothing. Ain't worth the hole you put in your arm. But I know everyone needs to try it their self...
And like everyone said....no difference between suboxone and subutex...the Nal is not a issue.

True; there was never any rush for me, but I preferred it to SL. The feeling was more a warm charge, pretty enjoyable but nothing spectacular.

True; there was never any rush for me, but I preferred it to SL. The feeling was more a warm charge, pretty enjoyable but nothing spectacular.

It's just an instant onset. But, definitely not worth all the damage to your veins.

I was IV'ing my suboxone for a while and when I relapsed and went back to dope, I was really pissed at myself because I had ruined some good veins pointlessly shooting suboxone, and now that I had something actually worth it to shoot again, I had trouble because I wasted my veins on IV suboxone.

Status
Not open for further replies.