• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,
THIS is why you need to let things go....you misunderstand people. Not Again=NA.

He thought you were a chick and you thought he was narcotics anonymous. Your Even!

Oh...and I thought you were Chistina too!

Yeah, thinking NA = NotAgain didn't even pop up in my head when replying, my bad on that.

No, I did not think he was narcotics anonymous, I thought YOU, ziggystardust, said I had a beef with NA, which I understandably, and mistakenly, thought was narcotics anonymous, which is why I was like 'wtf', because it didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Everybody misunderstands people at times, I am no different, but looking over the posts that I made and NOtAGain made, he misunderstood way more than I did. Fuck, it's like most of the people in this thread that post often are in a fucking circlejerk here.

Ouch, that last part really hurt..

Lets all chill eh :). Does anyone have any questions re: suboxone? I'll help any way I can. Seems dead at mo. Is everyone ok?

A question - if I've been on suboxone for seven months what am I looking at in terms of withdrawal when I jump at 2 mg? Also if I jumped at 12 mg what would I expect?

Last edited:
Has anyone here had any experience with intranasal zubsolv? Just got switched to this today and would be very interested to hear of anyone's experiences with this particular kind of bupe/nal pill snorted. It says you shouldn't break it but I've done other meds which said the same and they worked just fine broken up and in my nose... So what's the deal with this stuff?

^I haven't heard anyone mention Zubsolv on here yet. The active ingredients are the same, so I don't see why you couldn't snort them. What is the ratio of Bupe/naloxone in them?

It's pretty much the same, although it's got the weirdest dosage I've ever seen in a pill in my life. (5.7/1.4 bupe/nal) apparantly they have a higher bioavailability somehow and the 5.7 sublingual gives the same plasma level as an 8mg suboxone. I just took my first one, snorted a approx. a quarter and I'm very pleased to report that not only does if work intranasally, it tastes 1000x better and I'm actually buzzing off of it! Can this be possible? Is this real life? I feel like I just scored the jackpot!

P.S. I've heard that the other generics are hard to break up and snort, Zubsolv breaks up incredibly easy and it has a pleasant menthol burn kinda like kpins do! Yum! Highly recommended to anyone who dislikes the strips!

A question - if I've been on suboxone for seven months what am I looking at in terms of withdrawal when I jump at 2 mg? Also if I jumped at 12 mg what would I expect?

Jumping at 12mg would be worse than just about any heavy heroin kick, and the acute withdrawals would last about 2 weeks, with days 3-5 being the worst. You would not sleep at all during the first week, won't be able to eat, having horrible diarrhea, be extremely irritable, and have horrible anxiety, night sweats, restless legs, and possible suicidal thoughts / tendencies. When I kicked at that dose it was 2 weeks before I was able to do anything productive, I lost over 20 lbs from not being able to eat a thing, and I lost my mind from not being able to sleep, and that was with a fresh xanax script that I had at my disposal. Things started getting better around the 8 day mark, but it wasn't until around the two week mark that I was really starting to feel better, and the 1 month mark that I was getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night, and could finally start living my life as usual.

At 2mg it would be less intense, but you will still have insomnia for a while, the restless legs, achy body, anxiety, no appetite, diarrhea, and pretty much everything I mentioned before with the 12mg/day kick. But instead of it being that intense for the first two weeks, it would be more like 8-10 days, and not quite as intense but definitely hellish until you start getting some sleep after that first week. That's why it's advised that you taper down to 0.5mg or below before jumping off of it if you've been on it for longer than a month. A slow taper down to a lower dosage will allow for your body to adjust and feel normal with just a very small opioid dosage in it, so going from a low dose to nothing will be a lot easier than a higher dose to nothing. Jumping at 2mg would be like stopping after tapering down to 800mg of codeine a day, but worse since it's in you 24/7 as opposed to a codeine dose that wears off during the day and allows for your system to approach baseline. You also have to consider that this would be what you tapered down to, so all of that other time would be like having doses way higher than 800mg of codeine a day in it.

The reason why the withdrawals from prolonged daily use of suboxone are so bad are because you have had a high dose of a very potent opioid in you 24/7 for 6+ months, so your body had adjusted to operate as 'normal' with that drug in its system, so when you stop it your body gets shocked as it struggles to adjust to operating as 'normal' with zero of that potent opioid in it after being so used to it for all that time. With shorter acting opiates/opioids there are peaks and troughs in the opiate levels in your system, and so it still has a good grasp of how to function properly without the opiates, hence the shorter duration of the withdrawals from shorter acting opiates as your body just needs to adjust to operating without that quick, short spike in opiate levels that it was getting once a day or what have you.

I've heard of subsolv on here. Apparently they taste like mints. I'd those instead of the foul tasting tablets xxxx

It's pretty much the same, although it's got the weirdest dosage I've ever seen in a pill in my life. (5.7/1.4 bupe/nal) apparantly they have a higher bioavailability somehow and the 5.7 sublingual gives the same plasma level as an 8mg suboxone. I just took my first one, snorted a approx. a quarter and I'm very pleased to report that not only does if work intranasally, it tastes 1000x better and I'm actually buzzing off of it! Can this be possible? Is this real life? I feel like I just scored the jackpot!

P.S. I've heard that the other generics are hard to break up and snort, Zubsolv breaks up incredibly easy and it has a pleasant menthol burn kinda like kpins do! Yum! Highly recommended to anyone who dislikes the strips!

IDK but I will likely need to hit a Suboxone dr up soon and would love to try these things. I was reading about them elsewhere and how the pills dosage was someway determined as the optimal dose for its purposes.

I have no problem w/ taste of strips of generic white pills that I am prescribed. It's become "normal" to suck on a white pill every morning. taste doesnt bother me at all. i remember I USED TO USE IT AS AN EXCUSE to get high, saying that the taste makes me throw up and that me shooting this dope just makes way more sense. turns out I was wrong.

Eveleivibe, RTrain: I highly suggest you try em, they're leagues better! I'm so happy with them so far!

Everytime I drink, since I've been put on 12mg, I am sober within a quick while - is this normal?

KKPro - I'd love to but in the UK you get what you're given lol. I'm on what's called the NHS n I asked for sub because my friend, Jan, said ut worked for hersuboxone helped her y'see so now I've been put on the suboxone tabs. Jan was a good person n she was on suboxone for four years n helped her. We both had codeine addiction. I'm so very grateful to her for getting me on suboxone.

Take care,

Evey xxxx

Ahh I see, that's unfortunate... =\

My doctor didn't think twice when I asked to get switched. She is super supportive!

so I just ask my Dr. if I can get subsolv because I heard it taste better? how do you go about making the switch. never had to and dont plan nor need to, but would like to know how one does.

Its the exact same drug, how much better could it really be?
Buprenorphine isn't exactly the most exciting drug out there. A 55 gallon drum of it wouldn't even excite me!
If the bioavailability is a little better, but it does the exact same thing, is it really worth switch because of the taste?
The price would be my main issue.

so I just ask my Dr. if I can get subsolv because I heard it taste better? how do you go about making the switch. never had to and dont plan nor need to, but would like to know how one does.

The Zubsolv actually has a higher sublingual BA compared to suboxone, so the drug itself comes in doses other than 2, 4, and 8 mg. It might be a hassle finding a dose that works the same for you as your current dose (although at higher doses you probably wouldn't notice a slight change in the dose you are getting) so you may want to stick with what you are taking now as it seems as though you are happy with where you are in your treatment.

For patients being switched between ZUBSOLV sublingual tablets and other buprenorphine/naloxone products dosage adjustments may be necessary. Patients should be monitored for over-medication as well as withdrawal or other signs of under-dosing.
The differences in bioavailability of ZUBSOLV compared to SUBOXONE tablet requires that different tablet strengths be given to the patient. One ZUBSOLV 5.7/1.4 mg sublingual tablet provides equivalent buprenorphine exposure to one SUBOXONE 8/2 mg sublingual tablet.
When switching between SUBOXONE dosage strengths and ZUBSOLV dosage strengths the corresponding dosage strengths are:

ing5.png

(source)

There is also this guide for making the switch from Suboxone to Zubsolv:

9rpc.png

Do not switch from ZUBSOLV to other medicines that contain buprenorphine without talking with your doctor. The amount of buprenorphine in a dose of ZUBSOLV is not the same as the amount of buprenorphine in other medicines that contain buprenorphine. Your doctor will prescribe a starting dose of buprenorphine that may be different than other buprenorphine-containing medicines you may have been taking [source].

This last quote is basically just paraphrasing the info that I quoted in the beginning of my post. It's all important information to have though, especially since Zubsolv is becoming more widely prescribed.

Last edited:
^It's funny, they're comparing the zubsolv to the suboxone tablets, but I heard that the bioavailability of the strips was about 1/3 higher. I wonder if the BA of the strips and the Zubsolv tablets are actually pretty close? Hmmm

It's easy enough to just take more Suboxone if you need to...If it's so different that it actually makes me feel like I'm high, I'll make the switch....although I highly doubt it's that much better! That kind of thinking is the whole reason I ended up on maintenance in the first place!

I guess some clarification is in order:

Dosage: one 5.7mg pill = one 8mg strip because of orexos new patented delivery system which increases blood plasma levels of bupe somehow.

Price: Zubsolv is the cheaper alternative, orexo just started selling these so they are cheaper so as to compete with suboxone. Which is awesome because they are better IMO. But some people prefer the strips, it's all personal preference in the end.

Switching: I got my script of zubsolv and had taken suboxone the day before and in the morning before my appt. I took zubsolv at night the same day, no problems. There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do so aswell. Think of these as menthol suboxone tablets, which *might* work better for you. Like I said, it depends. They worked great for me!

I switched because suboxone has multiple problems in my case, taste being the least important. Suboxone irritated my mouth, made it numb, killed my taste buds and gave me headaches. None of these side effects have happened since I made my switch! Awesome!

As far as catching a buzz goes this also has mixed results, some are like me and swear that it's stronger, some say it's not. When I want to catch a buzz I'll break off a quarter of my pill and snort that and take the rest normally, that usually works quite well with me. I'd compare it to a mild, pleasant oxy buzz, I haven't snorted enough to see how deep the rabbit hole goes so I haven't nodded on this per se, but I definitely notice a glow and my body relaxes, especially the legs! It feels pretty damn good and that's saying something since suboxone did nothing but make me feel "normal".

^I have no doubts that it works, or that the BA is higher....In the end it's the same drug though. If nothing else, I'm glad those ass-fucks at Reckitt Benckiser finally have some competition for their little monopoly...

It really makes you wonder if that whole appeal with the FDA to not allow anything but strips because of "safety reasons" was really just a ploy to prevent this stuff fro coming out...I hope even more companies get involved...I hope it becomes like hydrocodone and alprazolam, where 10 different pharm companies are putting it out! Of course, that's when someone comes out with a completely new maintenance drug that everyone will want to be on, and the whole thing will start all over again!

^I have no doubts that it works, or that the BA is higher....In the end it's the same drug though. If nothing else, I'm glad those ass-fucks at Reckitt Benckiser finally have some competition for their little monopoly...

It really makes you wonder if that whole appeal with the FDA to not allow anything but strips because of "safety reasons" was really just a ploy to prevent this stuff fro coming out...I hope even more companies get involved...I hope it becomes like hydrocodone and alprazolam, where 10 different pharm companies are putting it out! Of course, that's when someone comes out with a completely new maintenance drug that everyone will want to be on, and the whole thing will start all over again!

Wow interesting point you're making here. Is the company who produce subsolv not the same company who produce suboxone/ subutex then? I personally do not know much about the films/ strips as I'm in the UK n we are given suboxone in tablet form. Excuse my ignorance but How are they saying the films are more protected from children getting them?
However, slightly off-topic but it's interesting how in the USA most of your pills are in bottles whereas ours are set in a plastic thing that you have to pull open with your finger nail. The bottles seem safer as they have the child lock on them, right?

Look I'm sorry I snapped at you a few weeks ago. You've the right to your opinion n I shouldn't have jumped down your throat for not agreeing that I shouldn't be on suboxone for a codeine addiction. I did read that hydrocodone was twice as strong as codeine not several times stronger however it was from an website no indication of evidence so if I'm wrong on that I apologise. I did go through a lot with my addiction n it really upsets me when I feel that people minimalise it. I'd like people to take in mind that in the UK we are only really prescribed codeine/ DHC n that these are really strong opiates to us.

Take care,

Evey xxxx

I guess some clarification is in order:

Dosage: one 5.7mg pill = one 8mg strip because of orexos new patented delivery system which increases blood plasma levels of bupe somehow.

Price: Zubsolv is the cheaper alternative, orexo just started selling these so they are cheaper so as to compete with suboxone. Which is awesome because they are better IMO. But some people prefer the strips, it's all personal preference in the end.

Switching: I got my script of zubsolv and had taken suboxone the day before and in the morning before my appt. I took zubsolv at night the same day, no problems. There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do so aswell. Think of these as menthol suboxone tablets, which *might* work better for you. Like I said, it depends. They worked great for me!

I switched because suboxone has multiple problems in my case, taste being the least important. Suboxone irritated my mouth, made it numb, killed my taste buds and gave me headaches. None of these side effects have happened since I made my switch! Awesome!

As far as catching a buzz goes this also has mixed results, some are like me and swear that it's stronger, some say it's not. When I want to catch a buzz I'll break off a quarter of my pill and snort that and take the rest normally, that usually works quite well with me. I'd compare it to a mild, pleasant oxy buzz, I haven't snorted enough to see how deep the rabbit hole goes so I haven't nodded on this per se, but I definitely notice a glow and my body relaxes, especially the legs! It feels pretty damn good and that's saying something since suboxone did nothing but make me feel "normal".

ha. this just sold me on bringing it up on my next meeting which is next week. i will def. add this to the Iphone calender and for it to be mentioned during the meeting. is that sick? is that the user in me? as said before, the generic white bupe have been fine for me, but if something taste better and comes w/ a small buzz, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.