• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drank yesterday n regret it. Drinking on suboxone is not a good idea n I wont be repeating it. I started to feel panicky n upset like I felt I was going to stop breathing then felt upset. So I read a bit of Enid Blyton to my little one n went to bed round 8-9ish. Anyway my point is drinking on suboxone is not good n I'm really accepting that when i have one drink I can't stop. I had 12 mg of suboxone instead of 8 mg that I was going to do.

I'd like to apologise if I've dumped down anyone's throat re my dosage. I want people to respect the path of recovery that I've chosen but I should also respect that others are not always going to agree. If someone says they think 12mg is too high then that's their opinion n not an attack on me. Sorry I haven't around but yesterday was family day.

Take care,
Evey xxxx

Tommy n Mr. Please take no notice of what I said re tapers. I was stressed out n shouldn't have taken that out on thread. I've a break now n tbh you're right it's much better than all the questions like "how long can I stop sub before using dope again" n it's nice to help people too.

Last edited:
^^^^
Weird. All I get is more headaches (later after drinking and the next day...)

My sub clinic docs are now all pretty fine with me and don't even do piss tests with me anymore since I have all 6 privileges a week. They know I am truly a pain patient (migraines, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia, yes, all at once). I also know doctors are not really hung up about Tramacet/Zytram (no pure tramadol unless long duration obviously in .ca). I hear this stuff works over suboxone ? How can it be ? I know my neurologist or even they at the sub clinic (which employs the same docs as the pain clinic next door in the hospital) could probably give me some Tramacets because of how it disregards bupe.

How can it do that ?

I'm not sure, the real oblivian. I think Tramodol is a synthetic opiate (sorry if I have this wrong) with antidepressant componants. But I'm not sure it works over suboxone or not. However other members will be around soon who may know n be able to help you out.

Takecare,
Evey

bupe, stadol (which I have in spray...docs dont know), demerol and a ton of things are synthetic opioids. You probably mean it is an atypical opioid. I am aware of the SNRI properties among the 9001 receptors it seems to mess with. That one time I got some tramacet for a...embarassing problem it was fun until it wasn't.

But I'm not looking for fun, if one tramacet every 6 hours makes me migraine free I'll take it.

And yeah, tramadol looks almost exactly like effexor when you look at its molecule.

Chris,
THIS is why you need to let things go....you misunderstand people. Not Again=NA.

He thought you were a chick and you thought he was narcotics anonymous. Your Even!

Oh...and I thought you were Chistina too!

Last edited:
I'd like to change my username, too. It just made this up on a whim to access certain parts of the forum that you have to register to see. I would've been more creative or came up with something better if I fore saw myself getting involved in the forum.

bupe, stadol (which I have in spray...docs dont know), demerol and a ton of things are synthetic opioids. You probably mean it is an atypical opioid. I am aware of the SNRI properties among the 9001 receptors it seems to mess with. That one time I got some tramacet for a...embarassing problem it was fun until it wasn't.

But I'm not looking for fun, if one tramacet every 6 hours makes me migraine free I'll take it.

And yeah, tramadol looks almost exactly like effexor when you look at its molecule.

Tramadol - Ultram.. would def. work for pain relief. there are a few peeps in my sub class that take both the bupe/ultram. I do remember during my jail/in-house days that we'd pass ultram around as if it was dope; that was the drug to get on the inside. ha. if you've been off your dope, real opiate, whatever, for a while, then tramadol/ultram will surly give you that buzz. I was at least close to a year sober when I took the tramadol/ultram and felt something off it. nowadays it wouldnt do a damn thing considering the bupe I am on and the tolerance I am coming from.

I drank yesterday n regret it. Drinking on suboxone is not a good idea n I wont be repeating it. I started to feel panicky n upset like I felt I was going to stop breathing then felt upset. So I read a bit of Enid Blyton to my little one n went to bed round 8-9ish. Anyway my point is drinking on suboxone is not good n I'm really accepting that when i have one drink I can't stop. I had 12 mg of suboxone instead of 8 mg that I was going to do.

didnt work well, huh? I never had a problem drinking while on bupe; then again, I barely drink. I may have thrown down 2-3 beers but nothing crazy. never felt sick or had an upset stomach while drinking w/ bupe. I drank heavy when use dope many times as well and never had problems aside from the black out and not having a fucking clue what is happening; but that is pretty standard when it comes to dope/alcohol.. prob xanax, too. maybe even coke those nights.

but just two nights ago I was out w/ the new girls fam. and had 3-5 beers and all was cool.

LET ME ASK THIS (you'd think I should know by now) - WHAT DOES NOT GO GOOD W/ BUPE!? what are drugs/drinks/food/whatever that will not be good w/ your bupe? if any? are there any certain things that will just get you sick as a dog if you take it w/ bupe? I've been taking bupe for a long time now (even while using) and never had any problems but who knows, maybe I am missing something.

In some ways I'd like to change my username but as it means making a new profile I don't wish to do that as I have a few warnings n infractions (for being naughty in the past) I feel that would be cheating n wrong as others who change their profile don't get that luxury.

Re suboxone - when I was on 8 mg I used to drink eith a bottle of vodka/gin a night or 2-3 bottles of wine per night n was completely fine. But yesterday I drank on 12 mg suboxone n ended up with a huge headache n feeling panicky n short of breathe feeling (hard to explain. I also went from feel usually warm to really cold similar to when I was in withdrawal n burst into tears for no reason. I then made myself sick n throw my tea. Which didn't bother me as a few less calories.

I still read a few chapters of Enyd Blyton to my little one as why should she miss out for my stupidity???

Now I'm determined that I will soon be off suboxone this year.

Evey.

Tramadol - Ultram.. would def. work for pain relief. there are a few peeps in my sub class that take both the bupe/ultram. I do remember during my jail/in-house days that we'd pass ultram around as if it was dope; that was the drug to get on the inside. ha. if you've been off your dope, real opiate, whatever, for a while, then tramadol/ultram will surly give you that buzz. I was at least close to a year sober when I took the tramadol/ultram and felt something off it. nowadays it wouldnt do a damn thing considering the bupe I am on and the tolerance I am coming from.

I had tramadol as a "comfort med" when getting off suboxone. It didn't do a damn thing for the WDs. Nothing! I'd take 4 or 6 and couldn't feel any relief from WD. Kratom worked better. The thing that really saved my ass this time was Nerontin.
I read a book called Brain In Balance and the Dr who wrote it uses Nerontin allot with the hardcore dope addicts he treats in San Francisco. I'd recommend this book to anyone kicking opiates.
I'm curious about the implant...I think it's naltrexone. Anybody tied it here? It's supposed to reduce cravings. How exactly does that work?

i have no personal experience with naltrexone or the naltrexone implant, and someone with some firsthand experience can prob add a lot to this discussion, but i guess it can reduce cravings by occupying the opioid receptors. a doctor told me that there are three things they can legally offer to help get off opiates which work on the opiod receptors: methadone as a full agonist, buprenorphine as a partial agonist and naltrexone. he almost made it sound like a form of ort, which i had never heard anyone classify it as, and i don't think it would help with withdrawal, but maybe it could help longterm with cravings, depression, etc.? i don't know, but i'm curious as well. obviously it has a strong blocking mechanism.

^I believe the naltrexone works to control cravings the same way as the antagonist effects of buprenorphine....that is it fill up receptors but doesn't activate them, which stops cravings for some reason. That is the extent of my knowledge, though.

Yeah that claim that naltrexone will eliminate cravings but, I know a lot of people on it who said it didn't do anything like that for them. All it did was block all opiates, and that fact, (knowing you can't get high anyway) was a deterrent. So even if you had a craving, you know you cant get high, so you just stop thinking about it.

I have also heard of a lot of negative side effects from naltrexone too. Things like depression, headaches, etc.

Like Me.scagnattie, I have heard some negative feedback re naltrexone but I have also heard some posivute feedback too just research it thoroughly first as this is your recovery. I have heard that naltrexone n naltrone act similarly but have not done any extensive research on drugs/ opiates due to other commitments so please don't quote me. Look on http:scholar.google.com for proper studies re naltrexone you you can balance up the evidence n critiques of study like you're having to write an essay on it.

That may seem extreme but as I've said this is your recovery.

Good luck n sorry I can't be any further help to you.

EDIT
Looking for some articles through uni page Found a good article but won't allow me access so look for a study titled "Favorable Mortality Profile of Naltrexone implants for Opiate Addiction" it compares mortality of patients using buprenorphine with patients using naltrexone.
for abstract: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10550880903435988#.UryagoFFDrc

here's another:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3223377/
Haven't read this all as having a baileys but by sounds of it there was not enough subjects to really class this as complete accurate but good for a starters

Hope this helps somehow.

Last edited:
I've heard it blocks natural endorphins...and that's what causes depression..that's why I've never been tempted to use it.
So what's the advantage of it over something like suboxone? At least with Sub your partially stimulating the receptors...not just blocking them.
Is there a WD off naltrexone? Is that the difference?
I've got some Revia pills that I was given during alcohol detox yrs ago. I've been tempted to try a tiny bit after reading about the advatantages of low dose naltrexone..but I still don't really understand how it suposto to really work to curb cravings.

I've heard it blocks natural endorphins...and that's what causes depression..that's why I've never been tempted to use it.
So what's the advantage of it over something like suboxone? At least with Sub your partially stimulating the receptors...not just blocking them.
Is there a WD off naltrexone? Is that the difference?
I've got some Revia pills that I was given during alcohol detox yrs ago. I've been tempted to try a tiny bit after reading about the advatantages of low dose naltrexone..but I still don't really understand how it suposto to really work to curb cravings.

I think the not having withdrawals is the advantage. When I went to get on subs I had been given a naltrexone script from the nurse practitioner a month prior, and the sub doctor said he liked naltrexone for his patients better, but I had a bad experience with it so chose the suboxone. I can see why he liked giving his patients the naltrexone over subs, because the two times I saw him the waiting room was filled with people in withdrawals bitching about the waiting time.

With the naltrexone, you really need to be clean a good week or two before starting it. Even if there are some metabolites of another opioid in your system you will go into withdrawals from the naltrexone. I had been clean for like 10 days, then took a single 2mg dose of suboxone, then 5 days later the naltrexone, and was put into precipitated withdrawals. I first felt it in my stomach, and then I was extremely irritable. I threw up, and then my body clenched up so bad that I could only get relief when I fully stretched out my whole body, but still didn't sleep a wink for 3 days until I got high. I will say that I didn't really crave anything the first few days, probably since I knew the drugs would be blocked.

Yeah that claim that naltrexone will eliminate cravings but, I know a lot of people on it who said it didn't do anything like that for them. All it did was block all opiates, and that fact, (knowing you can't get high anyway) was a deterrent. So even if you had a craving, you know you cant get high, so you just stop thinking about it.

I have also heard of a lot of negative side effects from naltrexone too. Things like depression, headaches, etc.

I think like you and Tommy said, psychologically knowing that taking a opiate won't do anything if your on Naltrexone would somewhat dampen cravings. If you were taking the pills, you could just skip taking it, but if you've got a implant or monthly shot and you know you can't get high I'd think you'd just stop obsessing over it.
The Wiki page says it doesn't curb cravings....I thought it did, in the same way sub does...by occupying opiate receptors.
Thanks for the input guys!

I was asking if Tramacet or Zytram XL (canadian extendend release tramadol) would work while still taking suboxone, not after being off it.

Anyway, this issue is kinda moot now as I expect real full agonists to be given to me due to a troubling diagnosis I was given today...happy holidays woo...

we can say it blocks "cravings" all we want but I have 3 "friends" on it and they use constantly still. they look at me as if bupe is still an opiate and they are truly trying to get off the dope but yet they relapse every other week. its not doing shit. plus they are on a daily pill rather than monthly shot. even the 1 on the monthly shot uses 3 weeks in and hard the 7th day before the next shot. they use that schedule to help save money while using; but the urge is still there. thats why I enjoy my bupe. no urge, no trouble.. so far, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.