• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I really wish there was a way to get suboxone to kick in quickly without ruining veins. Sunlingual takes a while for me to feel, like an hour, sometimes more. Snorting them is awful for my sinuses and I'm not gonna make a regular habit of plugging. Plus it still seems to take some time to hit me plugging, like 45 minutes instead of the hour for SL. I wonder if the Zubsolv is better for that. I hear it dissolves quicker, but don't know if that will make a huge difference in how wuickly it kicks in, just how long you need to hold it in the mouth.

Also, the old stop signs sometimes would dissolve for me in like 30 seconds, that didn't mean to me they absorbed quicker, just that they broke down by the saliva quicker. So I always keep it in my mouth for 10-20 mins depending on dosage, regardless of how fast it dissolved.

Hi Moe...you need to wait until your in FULL withdrawn before taking sub. And using it for a week at a low dose could help you get off the oxy. It sounds like you took it before while you had opiates in your system and went into precipitated withdrawl and that's why you were sick.
You said your brother did it...successfully, have him help you.
Start with a low dose of sub (1mg) and work up if needed.
Thanks ziggy and yea ill talk to my bro and see whats up...and yes I believe I had took a 30mg oxy and then 5 hours later I took a strip...I will make sure to wait a lil more than 24 hours after my last dose of oxy before I take the sub

All that I read from Buprenex ampoules is that it is the only way to have it really be enjoyable, I can't explain why it would be better this way except that the bupe is in a solution optimized for IV use. I wish I could just be scripted those, but they don't exist in Canada, we got BuTrans patches a couple years ago but those are so low-dosed, even the strongest ones are laughable for people like us (20ug per hour lol).

suboxone maintenance

I've been on 24mg Subs daily x3months. The last 2weeks ive lowered down to 8 mgs daily as I relapsed on some non opiate stimulant crap. Then a week ago I quit taking it altogether bc I wanted an opiate high. In the last week I've had Fentynalx2, 100mg bucal, dilaudid 4-8mgs IV several times & Opana IV several times. Last use was the IV dilaudid 12 hrs ago. I desperately need to start back on the Subs. This little run has been a nightmare for me. I came to Subs from 10yr Methadone Maintenance. The doc inducted the Subs too early so I had precipitated withdrawal (AWFUL!) Obviously I am now terrified of the same thing. I know I've been using short acting opiates, but still...that PW was awful & I'm worried about starting the Subs again. I'm currently not in any withdrawal, just not feeling myself. Please, anyone, advice? Can I start the Subs again or do I need to wait? Sorry for the huge rundown...just want you all to have all the info. Thanks in advance for any help. Scared & tired after a short run is a crappy place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't done any opana shot within another 6 hours of the dilaudid due to long half life I'd say you'll likely be fine now as it's been 12 hours, which is minimum recommended wait, but 24 is optimal.

If you're in withdrawals especially hellish withdrawals take it. There's something called a COWS scale or something that helps you rate withdrawal severity and if it's over 5 points you should be OK to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.