• Monthly

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • More then once a month

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • Less then monthly

Votes: 76 23.0%
  • I don't drink

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • Other (I drink blood, I drink drano etc.)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
I drink on a daily basis, but only to the point of intoxication 2-3 days in a normal week, though it would probably be good for me to cut my intake somewhat. I love good beer, fine wine, and high-end spirits for their gastronomical value in addition to their psychoactive properties. Instead of getting turned off from alcohol by hangovers, I employed techniques to reduce their probability and severity. I think it can have salutary effects in certain social situations, by virtue of its acting as a lubricant for conversations.

I don't care what psychedelics tell you.

If you're missing out on the infinite poetic beauty of the multitudes of sensuous experiences found in a fine glass of Suvingnon Blanc - the buffet of flavours, the bouquet of odours, the palette of colours, all merge to send one above that base state of slight alcoholic intoxication - then you're certainly missing out on something so delightfully sublime.

I feel really sad for anyone denied such beautiful experiences.

p.s. I can count on one hand the number of times I'd gotten drunk.

^^Some wines are indeed wonderful. Before I went to europe I drank white wine occasionally and not for the taste, id skoll it with mates and didnt really like the taste(Typical teenager party behaviour). Now that I have been to Italy I love a good red wine but havent found any outside of Italy that I particularly like, now I despise white wine, I think its disgusting. But there is absolutely nothing like a glass of premium grade(that usually means expensive as hell) red wine. I also really like real champagne, I had a glass of it on top of the Eiffel Tower!!! woot!!! hehe. Though I havent had wine or champas any time lately nor do I think I will any time soon, I might have to wait until I go back to italy one day.

I drink at pubs and clubs but these days I might go out once a month because most of the places around here are quite boring and I need to travel nearly 2 hours for good nightlife. Last week I got shitfaces with a mate on vodka, bourbon and beers and I wont be doing that again ever(although we all know im just saying that :p) coz I got pretty sick the next day but not as sick as my friend :) hehe sucker.

Psychedelics are my drugs of choice for this period of my life, if had times of intense abuse of Methamphetamine, cannabis, alcohol, opiates and mildly benzodiazepines and MDMA but never have I had a problem with psychedelics and never have I felt such little negative side affects as I have with psych's, I never really feel too bad afterwards whereas almost all other drugs make me feel like shit the day after and up to a week later. Psychedelics are an awesome creation, If I could with all other drugs were abolished from this earth I would make them all disappear except for psychedelics...Then there would be very few drug fucked people, only the odd loony person that was mentally ill anyway, the stuff just made it worse!

alcohol sucks, Trip instead and remember most of it, laugh, play, think, smile and be happy rather than fighting, getting depressed, feeling crap the next day, forgetting what you did the night before and worrying if you did something stupid, dangerous or embarrasing not to mention putting a significant amount of stress on your bodies organs, your brain and liver copping the majority of it.

After a good 6-month daily hard liquor "binge", (not really, but it was daily drinking), I gave up alcohol in all forms. I never drank in high school and haven't since college, which has been about 3 years ago...alcohol just isn't my thing. If I'm sober and have no drugs, a good yerba mate or even plain ol' caffeine buzz does me better than booze. I tend to get unpredictably cranky, pick fights and feel generally crappy when I drink even small amounts, plus the positive effects are boring to me at best. I wanna feel lifted, not drug down by the substances I use.

i don't really drink and if i'm going to take cid or shrooms i won't drink i think doing them for what there are

oops

i was confused about the difference between monthly and more than once a month, I chose monthly but it should have been more than once a month as I drink almost every week though when I do it can sometimes be more than once in a week.....

The difference I notice between before and after converting to the psychonautical crafts is that it varies more. It's an indication of the feeling of not being bothered by the need to drink every so often which is a natural effect of deconditioning I guess.
What seems to be hard to decondition for me though is drug use altogether, I'm pretty much a polyuser and when I quit one substance after a phase of doing it frequently I usually go looking for something else.

I've been wondering about this for a long time, what is it that makes me do this - why do I feel a need to get a buzz? I'm an overexitable highly gifted person with ADD-like and some Asperger-like symptoms stemming from this, it could be my overanalysis, constant overintellectualisations cause me to feel very grounded - too much in contact with too much of reality.

While this may sound weird I remember TS Elliot wrote: "Humankind cannot bear very much reality." In a sense I feel that may be so true for me that it manifests in a desire to disconnect from reality, giving me the relief of uncertainty as weird as that too may sound. While too much uncertainty can drive a man mad, being aware of too much can be a burden as well.
I hope to eventually find out how to handle this in other ways as I don't really like the dependent nature of my behaviour. I tend to get stuck in a mode sometimes like smoking pot daily and retreating socially as well as from responsibilities - but ultimately I experience enough selfconfrontation that snaps
me out, actually right now I quit for couple of weeks. So even though my weakness is getting into it in the first place my power is to stop it when there can be no more. I quit smoking years ago as well and I quit GHB use. Alcohol has never been attractive enough for me and I'm relieved to say I think I couldn't be a habitual drinker because of it but you never know.

Theres a lot about myself I dont understand and theres a lot I do - it's important that I realize I often or always feel so at peace with the way everything is that it can turn into nihilism which destabilizes everything. It must be from tripping a LOT, and now like lots of things about myself its at the same time a curse and a blessing, that it would take a big disaster to make me not feel ultimately happy with my life, so happy that I feel I could die every second and it'd be OK. It's nice, but it also holds me back because having little to lose is not motivating I guess.

Wow I certainly digressed there!

Last edited:
I selected weekly and recently it's been a bit more than that, having just finished school. I drink mostly because other drugs aren't socially accepted, I can't go out with some of my friends and take lines of this or that, or trip on any psych, and not raise a few contemptuous eyebrows. I'd rather be doing other things but it's accepted, legal and reasonably priced.

oops

i was confused about the difference between monthly and more than once a month, I chose monthly but it should have been more than once a month as I drink almost every week though when I do it can sometimes be more than once in a week.....

The difference I notice between before and after converting to the psychonautical crafts is that it varies more. It's an indication of the feeling of not being bothered by the need to drink every so often which is a natural effect of deconditioning I guess.
What seems to be hard to decondition for me though is drug use altogether, I'm pretty much a polyuser and when I quit one substance after a phase of doing it frequently I usually go looking for something else.

I've been wondering about this for a long time, what is it that makes me do this - why do I feel a need to get a buzz? I'm an overexitable highly gifted person with ADD-like and some Asperger-like symptoms stemming from this, it could be my overanalysis, constant overintellectualisations cause me to feel very grounded - too much in contact with too much of reality.

While this may sound weird I remember TS Elliot wrote: "Humankind cannot bear very much reality." In a sense I feel that may be so true for me that it manifests in a desire to disconnect from reality, giving me the relief of uncertainty as weird as that too may sound. While too much uncertainty can drive a man mad, being aware of too much can be a burden as well.
I hope to eventually find out how to handle this in other ways as I don't really like the dependent nature of my behaviour. I tend to get stuck in a mode sometimes like smoking pot daily and retreating socially as well as from responsibilities - but ultimately I experience enough selfconfrontation that snaps
me out, actually right now I quit for couple of weeks. So even though my weakness is getting into it in the first place my power is to stop it when there can be no more. I quit smoking years ago as well and I quit GHB use. Alcohol has never been attractive enough for me and I'm relieved to say I think I couldn't be a habitual drinker because of it but you never know.

Theres a lot about myself I dont understand and theres a lot I do - it's important that I realize I often or always feel so at peace with the way everything is that it can turn into nihilism which destabilizes everything. It must be from tripping a LOT, and now like lots of things about myself its at the same time a curse and a blessing, that it would take a big disaster to make me not feel ultimately happy with my life, so happy that I feel I could die every second and it'd be OK. It's nice, but it also holds me back because having little to lose is not motivating I guess.

Wow I certainly digressed there!

I think you and I are going through something rather similar. Psychedelics rewire chemistry in such a way that everything I experience is very overwhelming. This leads to a proclivity to want to oblivate myself from that constant crushing. It's a harsh dilemma -- because I feel very strongly the psychedelic teaching of avoiding maladaptive chemicals that diminish the senses, and yet I often feel that anesthetization is my only way to make it through this extremely chaotic environment that comes at me from all corners of the circle. Not to mention the need to LINEARIZE my perception so I can actually get shit done.

My response is similar to yours. If I can't follow the perfected health cycle that I have visualized, hating myself for it (which I've done) will only gridlock me. So I keep moving forward. If I have to revel, if I have to mutinize the senses, then I will move through it. And then maybe, through experience, one day I might evolve the disclipine to treat myself how I feel I really should.

So I feel ya brother. It's strange how the innate instinct in the human animal for self-destruction as well as the instinct to seek spiritual nourishment almost seem to come from the same place. Like they're completely inextricable, and its behavior is constantly seesawing.

So, in essense, we are living, breathing self-contradictions. Enjoy the ride.

I would say i drink weekly which is a big cut-down from before, the only times i engage in mass consumption of alcohol is when i do coke, because the effects of the coke make you feel normal and not drunk....

Today is my First day without a drink all night . Im pretty proud of Myself Im just smoking some fine herb with my lady and listing to some awesome records. Im going to a pretty tonight maybe so you never no I might end up having a beer or two =D

I drank beer daily, then when I become psychonaut I completely quite drinkig.

I love good beer. I will usually drink on the weekends and maybe have one or two on a weeknight sometimes. I'd say I drink beer on 3-6 days per month, ranging from 1-10 beers depending on who I'm with and where I am.

I'll drink occasionally varying from every couple weeks to once a month or less(Hell, I think the last time I drank anything alcoholic would have to have been around 7 or 8 months ago), but in reality I really dislike it and if I drink I'm gettin pretty hammered.

i drink 3-4 times a week.
but then again, i'm on antipsychotics at the moment (court ordered) so i can only trip on salvia pretty much.
back when i was doing a lot of acid and shrooms i drank maybe twice a month.

Alcohol gets a bad rap from recreational drug users. I am heavily buzzed right now and although there is a down side (dehydration, hang-over, etc.), alcohol can be quite euphoric and enjoyable. I guess I am in the minority but I actually like the taste of many different kinds of alcohol...beer, whiskey, gin, etc. But anyways, I probably drink 1 to 3 times a week, getting buzzed/drunk maybe once a week at the most.

As a regular tripper I still like to drink from time to time, it's just a great social lubricant for me. I do try to avoid getting too fucked up from it since I started experimenting with other drugs, but I suppose most people who don't use illegal drugs evolve in a similar way. Also I have to admit that I've probably been drinking beer a little too much lately as a consequence of giving the marihuana a break...

Another thing I like to do sometimes is drinking alcohol with my lsd when I'm out partying. Many people will look down on this and I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you're prone to losing control on either substance, but I can't deny that I've had some of the best party times of my life with a head full of acid and a big plastic bottle full of premixed wodka-red bull...

I'm not overly fond of alcohol so I don't usually go out my way to buy it. I'll always have a drink with my buddies though, even when we get spangled together.

I'm usually on benzodiazepines anyway, which are my favourite non-psychedelic drug, so alcohol is really only a social ritual. I do find the intoxication on alcohol to be very sloppy and it isn't really euphoric at all. Psychedelics all the way!

Well, I had to choose more than once a month. I'm strictly a beer drinker when it comes to alcohol. Basically, I'd only take a shot of something if someone paid me. Or if I have to for something alcohol soluble. >_< I like to sit and chill with a beer when the mood takes me, though I don't like to get drunk. I stop at 3 beers which is when I'm pleasantly tipsy, that's happy fun times and then I sober up. 4-6 beers I have to go outside for smokes and be alone with my thoughts and be annoyingly philosophical with anyone who comes outside to smoke, haha. And 7+ I become depressed and pass out. Not my idea of fun D: I'd say in the last four years I've gotten drunk on average 6-9 times a year, and hardly ever to the point of the depressed/pass out stage. I do fancy Margaritas though- I'm a total fiend for anything really salty :p