• Monthly

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • More then once a month

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • Less then monthly

Votes: 76 23.0%
  • I don't drink

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • Other (I drink blood, I drink drano etc.)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
It's funny, I used to very seldom drink, maybe 3 or 4 times a year around a campfire. I was actually very preachy and couldn't stand people who drank a lot. Last week i went to florida, got a really bad sore throat and remembered an old remedy for a sore throat and figured i was on vacation anyway, so i bought a bottle of tequila. I would take a shot about once every hour or so, keeps me at a nice mild buzz, no impairment or sickness, and i like the taste of straight tequila or whisky.

I find myself nowadays very much enjoying nightly drinking doing the "one shot every 1-2 hours thing" gives a nice mellow glow, quite opiate-like, I sometimes have a bowl of herb mixed in here and there. I wake up feeling refreshed and happy with life, i find it is a great anxiolytic.

My parents are both long term functional alcoholics, 6 out of my 7 aunts and uncles are either recovered alcoholics or current alcoholics, alcoholic cousins... so ya, i guess you could say i am playing with fire. I am aware of this and have had my runs with other addictive drugs specifically opiates but never let it get out of control. I have this way of being aware of my state and being able to stop cold turkey as soon as i find it is weighing me down and becoming a problem. But for now I consider myself a low-dose daily drinker, I voted daily.

I used to drink a lot more than I do now. I still drink, but I've got a girlfriend and school and there are so many more fun drugs to do. Nevertheless, it's still fun for dancing or hanging out with good friends.

When I started using psyches I mostly stopped smoking pot; the last time I did was mid-november.

I feel like both pot & alcohol are good for relaxing but overall aren't things that are worth devoting time to all the time.

I used to be a hardcore alcoholic, like drink before schoool, before work, before the gym, then go out and get hammered at night. and then wake up and drink a beer to get rid of the hangover.

now i drink on weekends and not very heavily usually. One or two times a month I'll get shitfaced drunk and have a good time. I like alcohol alot better now that I'm not dependant on it, even though I'm dependant on weed now to do the things that alcohol used to.

I think there should have been an option for a few times per week.

I didn't use to drink much, but when you work serving alcohol, its hard not to drink.

Lately I've been having a glass or two of red wine more nights than not.

BTW, here are a few good links for us psychonaut alcoholics

http://www.ceri.com/alcohol.htm
http://www.neurotransmitter.net/hangover.html

I swear by NAC when I'm drinking. I take some time release vitamin c and b complex, then have NAC through the night and a few before sleep with a full glass of water.