• Monthly

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • More then once a month

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • Less then monthly

Votes: 76 23.0%
  • I don't drink

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • Other (I drink blood, I drink drano etc.)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Well, this is something I am curious about for various reasons. Basically, I would like to know how many regular users or at least, professed users of psychedelics drink alcohol, and to what extent.

The poll options will be-

*Daily
*Weekly
*More then once a month
*Monthly
*Less then monthly
*I don't drink
*Other

Obviously, a daily drinker drinks more then once month, but only select the most accurate option. If other- ie. you may only drink when trippig, or on stimulants etc. Please specifiy. I am sure I have forgotten something, so if there are any further options I should add, PM a moderator.

It has been my own experience, and observation, that when an individual gets "into" psychedelics and uses them with intent, drinking of alcohol seems to go out the window. The effects of alcohol are almost diametrically opposed to that of a psychedelic; but then, so is heroin, and a lot of us like that.

I selected less then monthly. I used to drink daily, but gave it up with no end of assistance from the great Cannabis; and now, I cannot stand it. The moment I feel the psychoactive effetcs of booze, I feel depressed and anxious; the worst drug experiences I have had have come from alcohol. I lose the plot by and large. :| Thus, I drink less then monthly, maybe three times a year and even then, very small amounts.

Less than monthly
Maybe once in a blue moon but I hate drinking
Shits gross tasting

^Mang, you got in quick...but you must have slected weekly. edit: no matter, I changed it. It may have been me who selected weekly...

I drink a few times per week.

I'm working on rotating shifts, so I'm something doing combos to try to get some sleep: a few drinks, 3mg melatonine, 100mg 5-HTP, 50mg chlorhydrate dyphenhydramine, 100mg DXM.

or I drink a few beers watching hockey or chilling with friends.

I don't do drugs anymore, but in my drug days, I was anti-alchool.

I personally drink less than monthly, it just isn't an enjoyable drug. It has to many negatives, and it never brings me anything new nor interesting like psychedelics do!

I used to drink a LOT (daily or more, alcoholic levels, including in the morning), and in a very introspective LSD trip I completely quit, cold turkey, and didn't have a drink for almost a whole year. Since then, I've gotten drunk maybe five or six times only, and drink AT ALL maybe monthly. I don't really care for the effects, but once in a while, it is fun, particularly socially.

I am ashamed to say I drink heavily. I don't drink on nights I have class the next day, otherwise I would have marked daily

I chose more than once a month but sometimes I drink a couple times a week, then I wont for the next couple weeks. I'm in uni and most people think psychedelics are worse than they actually are, so if I drink it's just to be social with my friends. I would prefer to stay away from it period, but it just happens in college

i don't drink. maybe once a year i take a very small amount of some good tasting alcoholic beverage but never enough for the alcohol to have an effect. that last time i was really feeling the effects of alcohol was at least 3 years ago. i have no interest in a drug that impairs thinking, judgement, motor control, turns people into idiots and gives no euphoria whatsoever. i even find benzos more euphoric than alcohol, but imho all downers are boring.

I drink about twice a month. It's good for being social but the next day I feel like I have anxiety pretty bad and my body feels twitchy. It's not worth doing frequently.

Daily :|.

And in fairly hefty amounts. I wish I could say otherwise but it would be a lie.

However :).

Psyches were my first <3 before more... urgent substances took over and I am becoming very happily reaquainted with my lil wobbly pals. I find I am drinking less as I use psyches on a more (semi-)regular basis.

I am also using less in terms of other downers. Opiates I all but gave up a few years ago cos I like them too much. Benzos I still have much <3 for... but I seem to be using with much greater moderation. GBL I still use daily, but not from morning til night like I did until very recently. I now restrict it to evenings and really bad hangovers :).

I think this is all steps in the right direction... but I have been consuming a few CNS depressants tonight, so not quite there yet...

ah I actually have drank a couple times this year, so I shouldn't have put "I don't drink", someone should change mine to less than once a month.

in any case, I'm really not a fan. also, if I'm going to drink alcohol it's likely that my goal is to get altered, and then I become altered by its effects... at which point I decide not to drink again for a long time. :p every time I give alcohol another chance, I'm disappointed.

truly one of the worst drugs out there IMO.

I should add that in my "past life" (a fitting term for when I used to be a heavy drug abuser around ages 12-14) I usually had no qualms about abusing alcohol, but really it does feel like it was a past life, so...

Last edited:
I use psychs as often as I can find them.
I selected daily although it's usually less. All this beer I make isn't going to drink itself...

1-3x a month, but not often in excess. Couple of jaeger-bombs or some Fat Tire mostly...

I rarely drink. Less than once a month. If I want that kind of relaxation, I would rather take a benzo. I come from a long line of alcoholics so I have always tried to stay away from the stuff. I can't drink beer as I don't drink carbonated beverages so it bothers me, but I have to admit I am a sucker for fine whiskey every once in a while.

about 4 times a week from 3 to 6 drinks per session
newcastle ftw!

im trying to cut drinking down to once a week as i have drank pretty much every day for the last 5 months and have gained 20 pounds!!!!!

i stopped drinking after a few mushroom experiences.. i didn't drink very often before those experiences, though

On average, I guess I drink once a month. If I do, then it's mostly good whiskey, cognac or homemade cocavodka. I rarely exceed 2 or 3 drinks per session, so I guess I don't drink much.

I'm in the less than monthly catagory, even though I turned 21 less than 9 months ago, I've only been to the bar maybe 5 times, and it's definetly not my scene. I just don't like to drink. Plus my moms is a hardcore alchy and so was a lot of her family, so that may have scewed my view a bit.

Last edited: