• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
I like the body high of shrooms. I feel alot more connected to the experience mentally because of the body connection. Sometimes on acid I won't notice i'm on it because I can't feel anything. I just ink differently but I don't even know sometimes...

Well my experiences are quite opposite. On shrooms I'm pretty much immune to any outside influence (as the mushroom spirits protect me). On high doses of acid I may really freak out if I'm in the wrong environment.

IDK about high doses of acid bc i've never done an but on any dose I've felt alot more prone to being dragged down my outside influence. Shrooms I feel like difficult experience and even paranoia are easier to handle. I can just close my eyes or lie down and trip and deal with it. LSD... idk you can't just get so paraoid.

I was surprised at the results of this poll, I've known a lot of people who, on some level or another, enjoy psychedelics and most of them seem to prefer shrooms to LSD. Go figure... I personally prefer LSD and feel that its rare to meet someone who shares my predilection for LSD & other synthetics.

acid ftw!

mushrooms make me so sick its not even an enjoyable trip for me, whereas lsd has 0 effect on my stomach other than i don't want to eat much while im trippin.

mushrooms make me so sick its not even an enjoyable trip for me, whereas lsd has 0 effect on my stomach other than i don't want to eat much while im trippin.

Weird, I never feel sick from mushrooms. My stomach might feel a little weird, but weird doesn't really mean bad for me. When I say weird I just mean different from normal and not uncomfortable in anyway. Depending on how hard I'm tripping and how much i've eaten that day, I may want to eat, although won't care as much as normal if I don't

shrooms, since i can look at the product that i'm buying and know what i'm getting;
it would be almost impossible to make knock-off shrooms if your selling to someone who knows what they look like, blue ringers/cyanesance/etc.

i don't even think i've done anything near lsd, ive eaten a lot of cubes/blotter pages/microdots/and drops from a vial, but whatever it is doesn't do much to anything.
i never cared to find out what it was cause i was getting it for free from friends.

definitely psilocybin! I feel it is puts me in a lot more meditative and open state whereas LSD makes me feel electric and makes my jaw clench like mad which ruins my trip. But biking on LSD, :]]]]]]]]]]]]]] its as good as it gets

LSD is a much cleaner trip for me, it allows me to appriecate everything going on because my mind isnt so clouded. Shrooms i find unrealiable sometimes to weak and sometimes very strong with confusion. Both are fun but lsd wins without a second thought.

I enjoy them both for their respective qualities; one is not better than the other.

I really cannot choose at all, while 4-AcO-DMT has basically taken over my mushroom usage, I feel it is much cleaner. So when choosing between the 2 pure chems LSD and 4-HO/AcO-DMT it's really impossible to choose, they both are great for different reasons.

It's weird but I have felt safer with shrooms even though they knock me on my ass. I like to add a little mdma to shroom trips to calm down the body load. Acid kinda scares me because really just bizarre inter dimensional portals open up where as with shrooms they open up but the door looks a bit more familiar.

Always have to pay my respects to the mushrooms, but it was said earlier that it reminds one of the freaky parts of DMT trips.

LSD is unique. I really commend Albert Hoffmans creation. I find it interesting that it was man made.

LSD walks all over psilocin.

Come on man. Its apples to oranges. Its like comparing cocaine with meth or something. They both offer something somewhat different even though they are both psychedelics just as coke and meth are both stimulants.

^good point of view.

Although i prefer LSD because it provides what i look for in a psychedelic, mushrooms are still a very valuable tool that can teach you things LSD cant.

4 aco dmt is 2nd only to LSD by a very short margin in my opinion.
(DMT and Ket are in a league of their own.)

Come on man. Its apples to oranges. Its like comparing cocaine with meth or something. They both offer something somewhat different even though they are both psychedelics just as coke and meth are both stimulants.

The two things are similar enough to be able to pick a favourite.

I find LSD more euphoric, relaxed & clearer, but they're basically doing the same thing.

I prefer LSD; but I'm definatly not saying its a better psychedelic. They both definatly have their charm, but LSD just fits my personality better.

I prefer the longer duration; I like my trips to last long so I can enjoy it longer. The duration of LSD, which for me is usually around 12 hours, is just about perfect for me. Another huge preference is the type of visuals; I like the fact LSD visuals are brighter, fractalish, more neon, múch more detailed patterns and with more parts of actual images in it, like faces or cats or tiny black 2D people. Mushrooms visuals are a little more pastel, blurry and shiny, which I also like, but I find the ones on LSD better. Then there's the mental effects, I like how LSD is clear, fast, active and awake with a high stream of very associative colourful surreal thoughts, while shrooms are generally very confusing, although mentally also very interesting. Then the bodyload makes it easiest; mushrooms make me feel weak and cold, while LSD is a bit of a stimulant making me feel just right.

Don't get me wrong, even though I prefer the more complicated detailed visuals, clearer mind, longer duration and less bodyload of LSD; I also really like psilocin; its a great psychedelic and it has so much potential for the seriously deep stuff; I like them both a lot but I prefer LSD on almost every thing I can judge it on.

Coke and meth have completely different mechanisms of action. LSD and mushrooms are both primarily active at the same subset of the same receptor system (good old 5HT2a). Each 5HT2a psychedelic may feel a little different but their similarities are far more striking. There is an entire range of effects that any one of them seems capable of producing and that very few non-5HT2a agonists produce consistently in anyone. Mushrooms are certainly far closer to LSD than they are to any non-5HT2a agonist drug.

Besides, why can't one pick a favorite between, say, coke and meth? Yes, they are different - those differences are probably what you would use to pick a favorite. Both are primarily taken for recreation, so an individual who uses both can certainly comment on which one seems more enjoyable even if they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I've had valuable experiences on both but I'm hard pressed to imagine any scenario where I would definitely want mushrooms and definitely wouldn't prefer LSD. The only one I can think of is if I decided to push my luck with timing and thought I could fit in a shroom trip but not an acid trip before some obligatory activity the next day or something. Experientially speaking, while I've had a few individual mushroom trips that are among the most intense and valuable psychedelic experiences I've ever had, the ratio of doses to memorable experiences with LSD is still far preferable.

One thing I've noticed about myself is between LSd and mushrooms, I find the LSD comedown is much easier and comfortable than mushrooms. I also find the next day I wake up after an LSD trip I have an amazing glowing feeling but on mushrooms I always wake up kinda tired, depressed and have a headache. Smoking weed helps though.

It's weird. But certainly not as bad as waking up after a DOB or DOC trip, that's like waking up after you fought in a boxing match the previous night. Lol.