• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
LSD, imo it provides much cleaner visuals and the state of mind it opens up for me is unlike any other trip I have expirenced. Mushrooms become too intense for me for some reason.

I choose lsd, but I can see how someone would like shrooms more.
They both have their ups and downs and I would feel LSD would win, but only by a little.

Pure LSD is my choice by far, and it is probably my favorite drugs in general, only second to mescaline. I've only had psilocin from mushrooms but it always seem too short. Never had 4-AcO-DMT, so that could change my mind. The feeling I get on acid is near perfection, but shrooms fall short of that.

Mushrooms are more mystical so mayhaps people who aren't as inclined towards those states will appreciate them less, LSD wins by far for recreation and how tolerable tripping is, mushrooms are visionary, intense.

whats that thing they say, about two sides of the same coin? ;)

but if I had to choose, itd be mushrooms all day

LSD. high doses of it heighten the aspects of tripping I love (intellectual introspection, musical enhancement, etc...) to a degree that no other drug does, while mushrooms at high doses (except for one incredible experience) tend to heighten the negative aspects of tripping... extreme anxiety, existential crises, that horribly weird "tryptamine pressure" (i've found it exaggerated so much more in mushrooms than any other drug, though admittedly i'm not too experienced with tryptamines)

mushrooms have a lot to offer as a "diffuclt" but "deep" experience... but for that, i'd rather take 2c-e.

Although I've seen god on shrooms, it was not a pleasant experience. Although it was a third-eye opener! :) But I've never puked on acid, never felt like I was dying, and I have on shrooms. Funny thing is, it was only 1/2 eighth!!!! Of course I hadn't eaten for way too long and had been drinking heavily the night before. Maybe it was a purge? I believe both drugs have their benefits, but like some other posters here, my vote is for LSD. It has been very good to me and I know what to expect every time (except when I took 8 garcia tie-dye hits in 2008 and barely got any oevs. Weak, weak, weak!).

Not to mention that when I eat shrooms I feel, smell, and taste like a mushroom. griding them up and putting them in gelcaps really cuts down on that, but I don't like any mushrooms, food or drug. If mushrooms cross my lips I get a gag reflex. That may be a main reason that I have so much trouble enjoying them.

LSD hands down (but really they are up) so hands up.. thumbs up . thats it. yeah.

edit: =D

Absolutely tied, I have no preference for one over the other. I find LSD more mentally deep, whereas Psilocin/Psilocybin tend to be a bit more visual.

It all depends on what you want from your trip, as there are advantages and disadvantages to both compounds.

LSD all the way. Most people think they have taken lsd because they have had blotter so they would choose shrooms but shrooms is like a beautiful carnival ride while LSD is medicine for the future mind.

It also depends what kind of trip one prefers, or indeed needs at a certain time. I for one benefit more from the emotional ride the shrooms offer, and like the way they adress my soul more than my mind. I like thier spiritual side as well, and the groundedness they provide for days after.

Im not dismissing LSD in any way mind you, i love it as well, and ive not had high dose experiences with it to get the full picture maybe, but in my experience, ive grown from mushrooms more than from lsd, even though the latter proved more versatile perhaps

i liked 4-aco-dmt better than acid. i agree with the above poster, in that the emotional cleansing one can receive from 4-aco-dmt (or from shrooms) is superior. i think it has to do with what kind of person you are. i feel like i experience feelings and emotions to a greater extent than the average individual. it may have something to do with me being ADD, but i just feel like 4-aco-dmt fits me better than acid.

on acid i also felt sort of "tense", and i wasn't as relaxed or comfortable as i was on 4-aco-dmt. i also liked the way 4-aco-dmt changed the environment, and it was like everything was a new place. it's hard to explain.

Mushrooms are a far more "other-worldly" experience and for me, FAR MORE interesting. I've never had acid pick me up and take me elsewhere, nor have I had it communicate with me. The trance state is what I am after while tripping and don't find that acid can do this for me.

I don't trip recreationally these days, but I do remember LSD being more "fun" when I did (and had a different attitude toward these things).

Tryptamines all the way ;)

LSD has the effects I'm after with just as much psychedelic capability as mushrooms. LSD just doesn't couchlock or nauseate me. LSD is energetic and it makes me feel carefree while I learn and my thoughts multiply and the world is much more viivd.

I believe psilocybin to be the superior substance of the two. There is such a thrill with going absolutely bonkers out of your mind and being able to come back and tell the tale. Overall it is such a humbling experience for me. During most of my experiences, I believe I have accessed the entire catalogue of human knowledge. I can't say the same for LSD...

I believe psilocybin to be the superior substance of the two. There is such a thrill with going absolutely bonkers out of your mind and being able to come back and tell the tale. Overall it is such a humbling experience for me. During most of my experiences, I believe I have accessed the entire catalogue of human knowledge. I can't say the same for LSD...

You say mushrooms have made you access the entire catalogue of human knowledge? that is a pretty radical claim to make.