• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
Do you guys really meen acid is less intense?

For some people it is.

For some reason, people react differently to acid and shrooms.
Some people find acid easier on them, and shrooms harsh, and others feel the other way around.

For the record, shrooms are much smoother to me.

My experience with mushrooms is that I tend to feel uncomfortable with myself for the first 1,5-2 hours of the trip for some reason. Feeling anxious and even my best mates becomes a struggle to be with. Those two hours I keep on strugglin with headfixing, and Ive always made it to a great experience at last. Keep in mind that this is mostly a shroom called "norwegian flein", Psilocybe semilanceata or Liberty Cap spelled on english. A very headtwisting strain, that Ive heard cant be grown, but has to be picked in the woods or on the mountains. Also have kinda good experience with Cubensis, a lot easier to control. Hawaii Ive heard so fkn much bad about that I dont dare trying it(I think).

LSD ive never tried. Is is any familiar with Ecstasy at all? Cause I love XTC :)

No LSD is much more similar to mushrooms than ecstacy, tho somewhat different as well. You ought to read up on it - it's good stuff :)

What is the diffrence betwixt a strain & a species I ask myself ?

I suppose a strain is a species with paticular characteristics maybe ?

Or just a species that someone has persisted with excluding any other genetic material....a proto species even maybe ?

The difference is in taxonomic classification I guess.
Family > Genus > Species > Strain.

ie.
Genus = Psilocybe
Species = cubensis
Strain = Amazon strain, cambodian strain, Texas, Treasure coast, Penis envy, etc.

So each "strain" (which is also an inaccurate word in this context, properly strain refers to a single dikaryon) is a marginally different variant of the same species.

So essentially my thinking wasn't too far off ?

Well, you obviously understood me anyway, sorry for not knowin the details bout it :p

My experience with mushrooms is that I tend to feel uncomfortable with myself for the first 1,5-2 hours of the trip for some reason. Feeling anxious and even my best mates becomes a struggle to be with. Those two hours I keep on strugglin with headfixing, and Ive always made it to a great experience at last.

This is similar to my experience. The beginning is always really rough, and if I give in to the anxiety (which I don't anymore but have before), it never gets better. But if I ride the feeling out, the feeling that I've poisoned myself and I'm a bad person and I've disappointed everyone and so on, the trip turns into the most wonderful and beautiful state of grace and love... I couldn't possibly feel more alive and awesome and connected. And the afterglow is always phenomenal.

I love mushrooms. <3 I haven't had them in quite a long time now... years, really. I need to revisit. Maybe my wife will want to do them with me for her first trip.

The beginning of a mushroom trip always makes me very relaxed and sedated, almost sleepy. I almost get the nods at the beginning. After the 2h mark they start to work properly and the sedation changes to stimulation.

The beginning of a mushroom trip always makes me very relaxed and sedated, almost sleepy. I almost get the nods at the beginning. After the 2h mark they start to work properly and the sedation changes to stimulation.

mushrums effect me exactly the same way. Ive grown to really enjoy the drowsiness they give me. :)

just thought i would comment on how it seems of both the "vs LSD" threads mescaline puts up more of a fight than mushrooms so far. hmm

Another vote for lsd here. Much less intense and I am able to enjoy myself much more than when taking shrooms. In 10+ times of taking lsd I have had a great experience everytime, but w/ shrooms its almost guaranteed that at least once per trip it becomes too intense and I get that "wtf is going on" feeling even when I am in the perfect environment. If only lsd was available in my area....I only get to enjoy it when I visit a buddy in norcal every couple years, and end up tripping 3-4 times in a 2 week period

I dont know its such a close call...

I have such a love for mushrooms. i think they are the most beautiful thing and ive had some of the most amazing trips on them.

but ive only tried acid a couple months ago and since then its been only a hand full of times that ive tried it. But ive had some really fun trips.

but for now im gonna have to go with Mushrooms =)

I'd say I've shroomed probably 3 times more than I've dosed. I tend to get paranoid on shrooms a lot easier than on acid, though I do feel a bit "fried" coming down from cid.. Acid is pretty damn sick, but mushies are...... magical =] I honestly can't decide!

I should post my theory here as well... what I just wrote on the social thread:

You see, mushrooms have a will of their own. LSD doesn't, it's just a raw force that needs to be harnessed and steered to the right direction. Now, if you care for the mushrooms, cultivate them, treat them with love, they will also treat you well and care for you during your trip.

Then again, some people may feel intimidated by the strong presence of another awareness with a direct connection to your mind, when they trip on shrooms. Maybe they don't know the mushroom entities well, and the mushrooms don't know them, so they feel strange to each other. So they feel more comfortable with LSD, where you have to steer the trip yourself.

And the people like me who are very familiar with the mushroom entities, find that they take care of them during the trip, and they can just let go and let the mushrooms steer their trip in the right direction. And on acid they feel threatened, since the familiar presence is not there, and they are not used to having to control the trip theirselves.

yeh, though their effect is similar, it's true that acid has no personality and shrooms, well have millions of them. they're like little squawking babushkas in my inner ear :)

I also found that mushrooms were a bit on the dark side, if you catch my drift. You see while on mushrooms I had a couple of friends who try and freak me out. Their bullshit was not tolerated and I decided not to be around them for the rest of the night. My friends had succeeded, making my trip a little scary at one point, but then turned better with the presence of a few real friends. When I dosed LSD for the first time I also had a few friends who tried to pull the same shenanigans, luckily for me they had no effect whatsoever. I found their attempts quite hilarious in fact after I realized the stupidity which resided amongst them. I don't have too much experience with either drug, but I know a tad bit.

Well my experiences are quite opposite. On shrooms I'm pretty much immune to any outside influence (as the mushroom spirits protect me). On high doses of acid I may really freak out if I'm in the wrong environment.