• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
I get more for my money for mushrooms as they are FREE, compared to alot of other drugs though acid prices are low.
Acid is overall better for the much cleaner feeling and less disorienting effects. Mushrooms sort of blow your head off when compared to acid which is funny because I expected the opposite.
Shroom mindfuck really can blow, especially if your fucking with the more potent shit (only even done subaeruginosa myself).

Acid is overall better for the much cleaner feeling and less disorienting effects. Mushrooms sort of blow your head off when compared to acid which is funny because I expected the opposite.

hehe, same here. i think that's because most people hear "shrooms are natural/good/mild and acid is synthetic/dangerous/hardcore" when they start experimenting with psychs.
with shrooms it gets confusing and out of control before it gets intense for me, whereas with acid i stay completely clear and in control up to a much higher intensity, what gives way to that wonderful 'i am the master of my own experience, i can do anything!'-feeling.

LSD sucked balls for me both times I did it, never doing it again. Way too intense and messed up for my emotions. The visuals are nice and the echoes but the stuff you think about is weird.

Shrooms nothing but good thoughts and the colour visuals. Hands down my favourite drug next to coke and e.

People in this thread saying LSD is less intense. Have you guys ever taken two or three slips at once that were double dipped like I have?

One slip really did nothing so I took the other two which equaled three. Really fucked up drug. It depends on what kind of person you are.

Informer: "Double-Dipping" is just a selling tool that dealers use to make you think you're geting more of the drug than you are, a blotter can only absorb so much at a time, and it gets all it can the first time.

As for the Poll----LSD all the way baby!!!

LSD sucked balls for me both times I did it, never doing it again. Way too intense and messed up for my emotions. The visuals are nice and the echoes but the stuff you think about is weird.

Shrooms nothing but good thoughts and the colour visuals. Hands down my favourite drug next to coke and e.

People in this thread saying LSD is less intense. Have you guys ever taken two or three slips at once that were double dipped like I have?

One slip really did nothing so I took the other two which equaled three. Really fucked up drug. It depends on what kind of person you are.

Maybe you didn't have LSD and were sold something else.

I can see Dox being more intense, maybe you got sold that. There is no way of knowing for sure though.

LSD can be weird but it's clarify is amazing, such a therapeutic tool.

After a bad trip I kind of turned by back on mushrooms for a little while and dove headfirst into LSD. LSD was my drug of choice for several months, but I found the length of the trip a bit much over time. I started feeling a bit burnt, and I felt like I was tripping sometimes when I wasn't (not really flashbacks, just a slight body load, and sometimes I thought I was getting light visuals, but I'm not sure). I was probably taking LSD about every one or two weeks. With mushrooms I never have the urge to take them enough to feel burnt on them, but they tend to make me woozy. Once I found the best way to prepare mushrooms so that I don't get sick I've definately found that I enjoy them more than LSD. LSD seems kind of detached to me. I used to hate how emotional mushrooms are, but now I think its what makes the trip worthwhile.

Just so you know, there's no such thing as "double dipped" blotter... it's just a marketing gimmick.

Very interesting discussion for this poll. Wondered why mescalin (harder to get pure but easier to synthsize) was left out of the poll.
LSD, still preferred by its late inventor, Albert Hoffman.
The indoleamines (LSD, psilocybin, DMT) are distinct from the phenylamines (mescalin, DOM, MDA, NMDA) but share some receptor affinities for the 5-HT2 class, which has interesting raphe nucleus and thalamic distributions. LSD, is a potent (50 to 250 micrograms) nonselective 5HT agonists. Since there are a nmber of 5HT receptors, some, if not all of LSD effects are probably working thru 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. These are the same ones that 'light' up with psilocybin or in schizophrenics with hallucinations under PET scanner ( Brain Res Bull 2001. 56:495-507.)
LSD has rapid oral absorption in 30 to 60 minutes, peaks in 2 to 4 hours and wanes from 12 to 20 hrs. Lsd produces far more percetual distortions then the hallucinations of psilocybin or mescalin and is far more cerebral given the dissociation from strict sensory modulation, but this is dose-dependent, subject and context-dependent. LSD used to be a model for psychosis but this is of more interest in the development of antagonists.
Psilocybin is rarely synthsized so most users experiences come from 'srooms which differ in species, alkaloid content and amounts. It is much harder to make good comparisons under these circumstances. I am interested in one uses comments that he had 'waves' of activity with musrooms. This is an interesting observation and I would like to hear more about this.
'Srooms peak in an hour and tend to last 6 to 10 hours.

Fare to make the poll LSD s. psilocybin (both the real McCoy articles with < 1% impuriies).
Mescaline as a phelylamine derivative has both hallucinatory and stimulant properties (like MMDA) and is profoundly more interesting, but that belongs to a separate thread.
XTALMD

Last edited:
Very interesting discussion for this poll. Wondered why mescalin (harder to get pure but easier to synthsize) was left out of the poll.

Probably because that's what the person who set the poll desired ;)

I am interested in one uses comments that he had 'waves' of activity with musrooms.

I've had similar "wave activity with mushrooms but not particularly frequently I did't think it was that uncommon.

waves of activities

Probably because that's what the person who set the poll desired ;)

I've had similar "wave activity with mushrooms but not particularly frequently I did't think it was that uncommon.

I would be interested to what other users' experiences are with regard to this 'wave' of activity, which is unique to some CNS antagonists and a clue about the physiology of CNS controls.

Both are powerful psychedelics. But I voted for Psilocybin, for a number of reasons.

Sentimental, mushrooms were my first and prefered psychedelic.

Availability, when in season a ten minute walk leads to thousands (Psilocybe Semilanceata, which are also a good source of Baeocystine and Norbaeocystine)

Duration, mushrooms effect is just long enough for me. LSD goes on for too long IMO.

Effects, mushrooms seem to be more visual and sedative, while LSD feels more speedy and I find it difficult to relax under the influence.

Titration, with the mushrooms I have more control over the dose, while with LSD it's whatever strength the blotter/microdot contains and one only finds out after taking it, without access to a lab.

Also I'm predjudiced towards the naturally occuring psychedelics in a positive way. That's not to say I'm not enthusiastic about synthetics/semisynths.

That being said I'd like to trip a'la LSD again. It's been sixteen years since my last Lysergic voyage.

with LSD it's whatever strength the blotter/microdot contains and one only finds out after taking it, without access to a lab.

You can take one tab first, then take more. It's the same with mushrooms actually. You never know the potency of a new batch of mushrooms, unless it's an isolate or clone which you have grown before.

Except with mushrooms you'll have to take them all at once. You can boost them later, like you can do with acid.

I would be interested to what other users' experiences are with regard to this 'wave' of activity, which is unique to some CNS antagonists and a clue about the physiology of CNS controls.

There isn't much more I can tell you other then that on a few occassions I've experienced mushrooms coming on in waves throughout the first 3 hours of the trip. It seems to build quickly into a crescendo then subside to a relaxing level then build again and so on. The timeline of each wave at a rough guess is about say 5 minutes - however take into account that I wasn't clock watching.

Do you have any clinical information ref
this 'wave' of activity, which is unique to some CNS antagonists and a clue about the physiology of CNS controls

Never tried LSD, always thought it would be more intense than shrooms, and on shroooms I tend to always struggle at least couple of hours to get my head right. Love Ketamine more, no anxiety. Do you guys really meen acid is less intense? In that case I just gotta get hold of some :)

Flipout

I find LSD a lot easier on the mind/body than mushrooms.

Mushrooms always had a sort of sinister undertone for me, like it could all turn at any moment, but i've never really felt like that on acid.