• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

POLL: psilocin vs. LSD

Which do you like more, psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT, or LSD?

• psilocin/psilocybin/4-AcO-DMT

Votes: 244 27.3%
  • LSD

Votes: 532 59.6%
  • no preference

Votes: 118 13.2%

• Total voters
Even though I much prefer LSD because of the long duration, overal stronger, more detailed visuals and a wider variaty of visuals, much more comfortable body feeling and wonderful mental feelings and the fact it's actually easy and pleasant to walk around on, I find it hard to choose.

For me mushrooms are like hanging out in a cathedral completely made out of stained glas, in a tropical rain forest on an alien planet. The visuals are darker, more stained glass like and always in the purple-green-blue colour spectrum while LSD is typically 'completely neon rainbow', both give strong tracers, patterns and moving of still objects, but while on LSD typically things seem to happen that are 'really, really amazing' on shrooms things seem to happen that 'aren't even possible'. Phisically mushrooms feel more dissociative, disorientating, weakening, dizzying and the buzz actually reminds me a líttle of ketamine, thought patterns aren't just DMT-like trippy with a very magical feel to it, but also clearly dissociated and thinking patterns are plain odd. I noticed this when combining mushrooms with ketamine, that all of these aspects simply got stronger while on LSD taking dissociatives feels like more of a change instead of 'intensification'. Mushrooms are also more likely to trigger mild anxiety in me and seem to have dark undertones.

Typically I like the thoughts mushrooms give me more; much more memorable quotes and overal deeper insights while LSD still manages to be more intense and has given me more intense ego deaths. I find the visuals equally good although different (If LSD's details came in mushrooms colours it'd probably be perfect). While overal LSD is nicer (bodyload, energy, visuals, the fact I can still move and do stuff, talking goes equally well on either), and even though none of my 53 LSD trips were bad while out of the 15 mushroom trips 2 were bad, I find that mushrooms have more of an addictive pull on me. If its over I'll have this 'I want to go again :D' feeling, while with LSD I'm fine with waiting a month or so, if I do LSD more often it's more because of the settings, mushrooms have the same 'addictive' pull on me that dissociatives though, I'll long for that state of surrealism and absurdism.

I guess it's because while LSD is more fun overal, psilocin is a very absurdistic substance, like dissociatives are, and I just love that; possibly even a bit more then I should. I'm also very sensitive to psilocin, 1 gram of dried normal mushrooms gives me 6 hours of strong visuals and pupils bigger then my eyes (making me look like an anime drawing) and 2-3 grams is nearly a sure egodeath for up to 10 hours. I easily get flashbacks and after effects, easily get HPPD from mushrooms and even eating one mushroom gives visuals. For LSD I'm visually equally sensitive and that also lasts longer on me, but I can much more easily handle a very strong LSD trip then I could a mushroom trip and LSD does not give me flashbacks while mushrooms do (for longer and more easily).

I voted for LSD but in reality I'd have to say I have 3 favorite drugs instead of just one :) LSD, psilocin and ketamine. I'd say psilocin in terms of effects falls in between the other two, and it also makes me véry curious to what DMT is like.

I only take lemon-tek'd shrooms now days which makes the experience pretty smooth overall; little body load with a nice come up and down w/out anxiety. I really like shrooms' headspace, body buzz, and visuals but my one beef is that they make my body feel very heavy and clumsy. I just want to lay in a field or on a mattress or in a comfy duvet or something while on shrooms. I can't really walk or dance too well which, in some settings, is a bit awkward.

I like LSD because of the duration, energy, visuals, and body high but aren't crazy about the ultra analytical, non-stop, tangential thinking. I feel like mushrooms allow me to think more slowly and shape my trains of thought more easily. In fact, sometimes I feel like shrooms allow me to turn my thoughts off and just "be". LSD forces thoughts on me in a way sometimes similar to forcing a square peg into a round hole. Under it's influence, I have to think whether my mind is exhausted or not.

I guess I'd choose low dose LSD over low dose shrooms but high dose shrooms over heroic doses of LSD.

Mushys vs. Acid (Mushrooms Vs Lsd)

Hello, I'd like to first state I've only done shrooms, I thought it was the best and the worst in one. Hated the anxiety of the comeup but, loved the creative flow.
I'd really love to try Acid but, no one messes with it around me so I'll wait, I'm not in a rush.
SO. I'd like to hear the opinion of my fellow BLers because the opinions on this site is always the best for drugs, and the most straight forward with no bullshit.

1.Anxiety: (State which has WORSE anxiety, and a reason why.)

2.Creativity: ( Which has a BETTER more fluid stream of creativity.)

3.Head high: ( Which has a better.)

4.Body high: (Which has a better.)

5.Chance of a bad trip: ( which is more likely to have one)

6. Euphoria: (which has a better/more pleasant amount)

7.Favorite out of the two: (I'm just being curious)

Remember this is all a matter of opinion and I just want to see if I'm more of and acid kinda of guy. Thanks.

I have tripped on mushrooms many times, and cid only a few. Acid being my preference of the 2.

Anxiety: Shrooms make me anxious throughout most of the trip nowadays. Acid I have little to none.
Creativity: I can't be creative on shrooms, I always get caught in stupid thought loops. This doesn't happen to me on cid.
Head High: Shrooms have me confused and anxious as where acid has me clear headed and enjoying the trip!
Body high: Shrooms give me a feeling of nasuea usually NOT ending with vomit(maybe its just in my head?). I got slight stomach cramps on acid a few times.
Chance of Bad Trip: More likely shrooms for me.
Euphoria: Acid..can you tell i like acid more then shrooms yet? lol

These are just my opinions from experience. I loved shrooms over the 3 years I ate them, being I had not really tripped on any other true psychedelics.

Psilocin/4aco-dmt

Anxiety: only on psilocin comeup
creativity: less than lsd
Head high: oh my god, psilocin is most profound psychedelic I've ever try
Body high: slight stimulation on psilocin, less than lsd. Stomach pain while on shrooms, no problems with pure 4-aco-dmt
Chance of bad trip:more chances on psilocin
Euphoria: while on psilocin, I feel that I'm alive. The greatest feeling

LSD, psilocin is to weird to me, so reminessance of the weird/freaky part of DMT trips. The other night I ate an 1/8 on some LSD and 2 grams rue and I could feel the LSD keeping me back away from that weird part of me. Iv ate rgams of cubensis befor and had totaly out of this world experiences... I think Im extra sensitive or somethig. the come up on it is so damn un-nerving to me.

LSD on the other hand is just chill, its mroe analitical, more intellectual while the other is more tribal, more architypical. Just less at where I am now. It could easy later on take the place of LSD but right now I'll save off on it.
Dito... This is literally my EXACT thoughts about the two.

I believe I'd defenantly enjoy acid more than shrooms... I have all the negatives with shrooms, I can't wait to try a little acid.

1.Anxiety: Mushrooms, I always feel stuck in my head and focused on my problems when on Mushrooms, I also get nauseous which can unnerve me.

2.Creativity: LSD, I just get better, deeper thoughts

3.Head high: LSD, Mushrooms can make me nauseous which will make me ignore the head high.

4.Body high: Mushrooms if I don't nauseous in that I really like the relaxed, sedated feeling. Sometimes from L, my body can feel oddly shaped for some reason.

5.Chance of a bad trip: Mushrooms, I always feel more anxious on them.

6. Euphoria: LSD, I have had LSD experiences that were way more euphoric than even pure MDMA

7.Favorite out of the two: LSD, by far. If I had a great steady supply, I could almost for sure say it would be a very, very long time until I look at mushrooms again.

Which do you prefer, explain why? [acid or shrooms]

I've only ever tried a bit of Acid, it was a nice experience. Nothing intense or really that noticeable lol
And shrooms just freak me out because of all the first-time stories I've heard and how awful is tastes and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm just curious and would love to hear your first-time experience and which drug you prefer: acid or shrooms and why? =D

acid with little bit of psilo after peak.... most spiritual trip

LSD is Sun.
Psilocybin is Moon.

They're different and do different things although they're both shiny objects in the sky.

I love both of them. Although, to me there is nothing like LSD. Mushrooms tend to be a more confusing trip and it's harder to accomplish what I want sometimes. They can have nice synergy together although I tend to become VERY lost while peaking on both.
So I voted LSD.

LSD is the real deal all channels open type affair; Psilocybin is much more 'local' and darker but probably more acceptable to more people with it's short duration and usual mildness; Both are good but LSD way superior IMO; Psilocybin is paradoxically tricky at high doses

Depends what I'm looking for really. As a recreational substance, acid takes the cake any day do to the speedy sort of euphoria that comes along with the trip in my experience. However, if I just wanna think, figure shit out and change my perspective on shit, gimme mushrooms. It's ability to strip away my ego, minus the recreational buzz that would otherwise allow me to push challenging thoughts aside makes it great as a tool. Can't run away from your problems when they're all up in your face, ya know?

Psilocin, I always feel on edge. While after a string of train wreck/nightmarish bad trips, I got in under control. But I still notice on a mushroom trip, I feel like I'm still at the tipping point, sort of tense, like this COULD go nasty/bad easily, so I feel sort of uncomfortable and on edge. Definitely a darker experience that LSD, It's great, and generally has a better vibe once the meat of the trip is over, sort of the plateau where your head is much clearer on mushrooms.

LSD, is much brighter and happier, I like it more as I feel the things I gain from my trips are more helpful in life. I usually end up thinking up some super depressing paranoid delusions on mushrooms that I just realize are more or less figments of my imagination at the end of a mushroom trip, and then just feel brain dead, whereas LSD I always feel like a better person and that I really gained something. Not that mushrooms don't teach you a LOT, but it's very different teachings.

Also, what seems to cause some of my shitty feelings/difficult experiences with mushrooms is the body load, can be very nice sometimes but a lot of times it's too much too handle/uncomfortable euphoria. And mushrooms upset my stomach, which is very hard to ignore and effects your mood greatly in the depths of a trip.

LSD feels... Cleaner, I know mushrooms are natural, but they can make you feel sick or just bleggghhh. It's like, LSD takes a mushroom trip, filters and cleans out all the nastiness and gives you all of the best characteristics amplified.

Psilocin seems to bring out my OCD too, and I become conscious of it and frustrated with it. On shrooms I always feel dirty and obsessively want to clean myself/pick at myself, not in a tweaky way, but like a compulsive I-need-to-be-clean. But I hear generally people feel gross physically and unclean when on shrooms.

Like someone said earlier, LSD is psychedelic candy which you feel sort of up and ready to go, whereas mushrooms would be like booze, I've legitimately felt shit faced on shrooms (lol no oun intended, as you might actually feel like you have shit on your face on shrooms). Shrooms make you feel uncoordinated and generally really can't function haha, and thats great for what it is.

Overall, I prefer LSD, but both are wonderful gifts to mankind, and you can definitely appreciate mushrooms for even the negative effects you feel, like it's all just part of it. Whether you like it or not you're going to get into some seemingly crazy and morbid adventures with your buddies no matter what on mushrooms.