• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

I'm not exactly sure how much this weighed (it was a stem and a half, I'd assume it to be .8 of a gram) but I got a pretty good effect from it (considering I'm only 95 lbs). Pretty good visuals (tracers and small shapes, reminded me quite a bit of an LSA trip actually) and no freak out what-so-ever (but I've yet to have a freak out on shrooms, never would have been able to watch The Covenant on LSD because of all the spiders in it {first LSD trip one visual I had was me being attacked by those, bad first trip}).

I honestly prefer low doses of mushrooms
I used to do quarters and trip but last few times I do around 2 grams and its the best experience for me
Not too strong, but not weak like weed

A low dose of shrooms usually brings out the high constally giggling part of the mushrooms. Makes everything very fun like enhancing it to a point where just everyday things can suck you in. The most fun ive had on shrooms were low doses diffenatley easier on your psyche then a crazy high dose trip.

1 gr. of mushrooms is a low dose for me. I like to eat only low doses when I go out. I notice brighter colors, swirling ceiling, better connection with people. Generally on low dosage of mushrooms, I am super happy and social.

I can't do comparative dose weights as the dried fungus I've eaten in the past ws always P. semilanceata, which I know is more potent than P. cubensis, so I'll just have to say 'a low dose'.

Anyway, I've always found a low dose of mushrooms to be'neither nowt nor something' ie. not enough to be satisfying .but not sober & clear headed either. As such I've found that state to be somewhat irritating and have generally not bothered if I didn't have enough for a full experience.

Mind you, that was in the past; these days, with a much increased choice of psychedelic to go with I've not bothered with mushrooms due to the gastric distress I usually get from them

After doing nothing but low dose mushies(<2g) for like a year I feel it is a total waste for me.

The most of the time I just feel on edge with minimal visuals and thought loops that are just kinda ugly. No afterglow either, just high and then normal again.

^^ You should move to a higher dose. Low doses can sometimes just produce physical anxiety, but then there is no breakthrough. A mushroom breakthrough, though, is a different story, and something to behold. I've never encountered anything more profound in my life.

For most people, who are mainly looking to get "fucked up," a low dosage psilocibin mushroom encounter will be said to a be a waste. However, these people clearly cannot appreciate the power of substances in low dosages for the most part and are missing out.

I'd say a 1-1.5G mushroom experience would be similiar to that of an MDMA/MDA combination; in the sense that it makes you more open with minor to no visual effects at all. Expect euphoria, no anxiety I do not see why this was said, anxiety is something usually expected through higher dosages of mushrooms. A low dosage of mushrooms can be very relaxing and enjoyable, so much that you could consume a low dosage of them and go out in public without anyone knowing you consumed them. They make you very familiar with people, being able to speak openely to almost anyone, while being able to get a "feel" or "energy" of the person's reactions within the conversation you're having with them.

Also, for someone who is not ready for fully blown trip, typically you could consume 1-1.5G and smoke some nice buds. Maybe roll up a few joints to spread out, some Vitamin Water, nature and of course a must classic rock mix on hand. This is what I did for my first mushroom experience, and if I could go back, I probably would have never consumed anything over that amount (no regrets regardless on my 3.5+ gram experiences, without them I would be an entirely different person).

my one and only mushroom experience was with 1.8g of dried p. cubensis. during the comeup i had a HUGE headache, i literally felt like my head was in a vicegrip and going to explode. it lingered for almost the entire duration of the trip just not as profound. i took it at night and it was raining, AMAZING. 50 cent was playing during my peak and i felt unusually content with listening to rap/hip hop while tripping. colors were brighter, outlines of trees/objects danced but nothing mindblowing. i reckon i should've smoked some weed but of course i was on one of my infamous "breaks" :\

toward the 4-5 hr mark, i wanted to be sober. i had work the next day, i still had to drive home and i was in a smokey bar just sitting there. at the 6 hr mark, i was done. i didn't want to be in the bar anymore and i just wanted to go home and sleep.

one of my friends that was with me that night has since passed away so i will always cherish the trip depsite the discomfort i felt in the beginning and toward the end. i must admit that i didn't really like it. i am willing to try it in higher doses though.

oh, and i actually enjoy the taste; like pumpkin seed shells.

I've taken p. cubensis a bunch of times at 1g -- 1/16 oz (1.77 g) and, really, it always just frustrated me.

My temperature feels out of whack, either too cold or too warm, but I'm not tripping enough to ignore that fact. I always just feel like I can scratch the surface of the psychedelic world, but not really jump in, which bothers me.

At this point I've pretty much resolved for myself that such doses are not worth it for me, and that I should really stick to at least an eighth at a time. :\

elfdancer said:
I've taken p. cubensis a bunch of times at 1g -- 1/16 oz (1.77 g) and, really, it always just frustrated me.

if you were expecting a true psychedelic experience, I can understand. But if it was just to add a little spice to a good evening (a show, a party...) I find it can be nice like BiG StroOnZ defined it a few posts above
when i do it I usually have drunken a few beers allready and am not ready to stop soon ;o)
also i find that minimal amounts can be good to keep you awake, maybe you won't even notice it but you won't feel as tired as you would have without...

1 dried gram cubensis = museum level dose

Go check out your local art museum for better color saturation and greater depth of field.

Xorkoth said:
^^ You should move to a higher dose. Low doses can sometimes just produce physical anxiety, but then there is no breakthrough. A mushroom breakthrough, though, is a different story, and something to behold. I've never encountered anything more profound in my life.

When I started out I would always do big significant doses of whatever tryptamine(dpt, dmt, etc...) i came across and it was wonderful. Eventually I got really anxious from other things (salvia, pot) and was reluctant to continue taking big leaps with the good stuff:\ I should go back though.

Which mushroom would people recommend for a first time mushroom tripper looking to have a low dose experience?

bickoma said:
Psilocybe cubensis, but I don't think you'll have too much of a selection to choose from for your first trip. It's usually always psilocybe cubensis anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Judging from what you guys think is a low dose, I'm reassured that I'm super sensitive to psychedelics. 1.75g has sent me away to a strong 6 hours of visuals, while .75g has also given me definitive visuals and a nice body high.

If it was possible to get hold of a wide selection of shrooms, would you still go for cubensis?

I prefer high-dose tripping with the mushies- at least around 3 grams or more. I've only ever taken a "low dose" twice- the first was the first time I tripped, and I was so drunk that I don't even know if anything happened. I doubt it (it was less than a gram). My second low dose was with a gram a few years later- and I tripped so hard I felt as if I had taken close to an eighth. Given that those are my only experiences with lose dose mushroom tripping, I would say no matter what, it can be a toss-up as to what will happen.

I find low dose to be anywhere from .8-1.5 cubensis sometimes 2 grams. medium to be 2-3.5 strong being 3.5-did I even eat mushrooms?

but I get closed caped cubensis, they are actualy pretty commercial and known to be the best cubesnsis out there. not like the stuff you get from spore companies but generation after generation of slective breeding. they are usualy whole, closed capped and have a nice golded to orange red cap. long simi thin stems and realy just beautiful examples of cubensis.

home grown mushrooms (like the ones from spore banks) have always been... not as good. these are home grown but have a LONG (what like 6? decades) of selective genetics.

edit, but if I ahvent triped in a few weeks 1.3 has had me spuncookies, completely lost in irregular thoughts and in a maze of colors!

Interesting. Closed capped... are they similar to aborts, small and mighty? Any pics? From the sound of it they seem strong.